Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter set bonus info!

I thought I'd go to the ptr since the set bonuses are available and test them.

2 Piece
    Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Hunter 2T15 bonus is a chance to summon a Thunderhawk. That Thunderhawk will assist you, and will always cast 5x Lightning Bolts for 16k to 24k Nature damage. Its damage will scale with BM mastery, and will not scale with Survival mastery. However, the proc chances (which are Real PPM) vary by spec: 0.7/min for BM, 1/min for MM, 1.2/min for Surv.
    This 2 piece is odd. This thing is bugged as hell, message GC in the forum and I'll tweet him (mainly cause I'm banned because I quoted a post on the diablo forums saying F you to jay wilson, I didn't even do anything, but that's another story) because we need to get it fixed. I got it to crit once, it has a <1% crit chance according to my testing. This thing is missing and I am over the 7.5% hit and expertise caps.

Hits/Crits for 20k - 40k 5 times (100k-200k altogether) without BM mastery and seems to scale somewhat with AP.
    Pretty solid dps increase. It seems to be (on average) about the same PPM as in GC's post. so with that in mind:

BM .7 PPM - 1633.33324-3266.66662 dps increase (with mastery factored in)
    MM 1 PPM - 1666.6666-3333.3333 dps increase
    SV 1.2 PPM - 2000-4000 dps increase

If your primary target dies for some reason they just attack a random target that isn't crowd controlled.

I've been able to get two to spawn at once.

I got it to crit once, it has a <1% crit chance according to my testing.
    He spawns with 12,403 health and gets one shotted by boss AoE mechanics according to my testing.

Here is the little guy causing all this trouble with a very misleading name (imo):

I really dislike the 2 piece just because of how pets can be stupid, I'd rather have them increase the damage of our shots or something.

4 Piece
    Your Arcane Shot, Multi-shot, and Aimed Shot have a chance to trigger a Lightning Arrow at the target, dealing 100% weapon damage as Nature.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Item - Hunter T15 4P Bonus is affected by Survival’s mastery, cannot trigger Wild Quiver, and procs at a rate of 3 RealPPM.
    Hits/Crits for 35k-70k without SV mastery and seems to scale a bit with AP.
    About 3PPM on average:

BM - 1750 - 3500 dps increase
    MM - 1750 - 3500 dps increase
    SV - 2100 - 4200 dps increase (with mastery factored in)

You get slightly more PPM (on average) when aoeing.

*napkin math
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-06 at 07:36 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This thing also seems to be using spell hit or something because it's been missing and I am over the 7.5% hit and expertise caps.
    Even if it were to use spell hit cap it doesn't matter any more since if you got 7.5% hit and 7.5% exp you are spell hit capped since exp counts towards the spell hit cap.

Other than that, I find the set bonus quite boring since it changes nothing to our rotation =/

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Even if it were to use spell hit cap it doesn't matter any more since if you got 7.5% hit and 7.5% exp you are spell hit capped since exp counts towards the spell hit cap.

Other than that, I find the set bonus quite boring since it changes nothing to our rotation =/
    Then I have no idea, it's just missing then.

Then I have no idea, it's just missing then.
    It's probaby bugged still, also if it doesn't benefit from crit, crit's value goes down where as Mastery's value goes up, which might make Mastery better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So BM losing a giant 4 set and SV getting, what seems to be, a bigger gain from these 2/4 sets, looks like SV will easily top next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    So BM losing a giant 4 set and SV getting, what seems to be, a bigger gain from these 2/4 sets, looks like SV will easily top next tier.
    SV should be top DPS anyway on most fights, since a lot of fights have adds.

Great looks like survival is going to be on top single target and aoe fights. Kill me now please.

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

I'm glad BM is not going to be top anymore, though I hope they buff MM some more so there's actually a need to swap specs and not just always go SV

Deleted
    Have you worked out if the haw- err, windserpent has AoE damage reduction? With a PPM that low I'm worried it will die from one big AoE much like Dire Beast does. Dire Beast is still under our own control, but this little guy isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    I for one am happy about that. But hey to each his own.

This doesn't mean survival will be best just because the set bonuses affect them slightly more. For all we know BM could scale much better with the stats on items from the new raid more so than survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    This doesn't mean survival will be best just because the set bonuses affect them slightly more. For all we know BM could scale much better with the stats on items from the new raid more so than survival.
    Most of the raid bosses have adds, which gives SV Multi-dotting an edge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Most of the raid bosses have adds, which gives SV Multi-dotting an edge.
    That may be true, but it's not any different compared to current tier. We currently play Beast Mastery everywhere unless multi-dotting or AoE is required.

Finally people will drop this awful clunky BM nonsense again.

Except for the fact that survival has been viable for an extensive period of time in each of the last three expansions. Meanwhile T14 is the first time BM has been viable since T7. Well this is why we keep alts I suppose!

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread that, at least, started off on the right foot of someone trying to get a bugfix reported (albeit, they whined their asses off about being banned for inappropriate activity) has once again stumbled into the cesspool of lazy bitches who do not want to take the time to learn their entire class, rather than just the single spec they are comfortable with.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Have you worked out if the haw- err, windserpent has AoE damage reduction? With a PPM that low I'm worried it will die from one big AoE much like Dire Beast does. Dire Beast is still under our own control, but this little guy isn't.
    Not sure, he has 12,403 hp, so he could get one shotted. I'll try testing some stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 05:50 PM ----------

Yep, looks like he gets one shotted by aoe mechanics... Yay.

Deleted
    Not sure, he has 12,403 hp, so he could get one shotted. I'll try testing some stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 05:50 PM ----------

Yep, looks like he gets one shotted by aoe mechanics... Yay.
    Oh boy that really isn't good news.
    Where does he spawn when you get the proc by the way? Maybe we can somewhat manipulate where he will cast his things out of harm's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Oh boy that really isn't good news.
    Where does he spawn when you get the proc by the way? Maybe we can somewhat manipulate where he will cast his things out of harm's way.
    Just randomly out to the side in any direction, so it could be hard to do that.

Deleted
    I made a post on the ptr forums, mainly copy-pasted: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534004589#1

For the sake of quickness, Teshtool became a "friend of mine". :P
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-02-06 at 07:08 PM.

Really don't like that it'll just attack at random if your primary target it was summoned on dies. Very bad for any fight demanding CC, should any fight in fact demand CC... heroic Horridon perhaps.