Deleted

Help with Survival Burst

Hey I play Survival in PvE, i've got top 50 logs on many bosses but I feel like although my initial burst is really strong when my Readiness and Stampede are back off cooldown I don't get that huge jump again. I line up my trinkets with it and everything but I see a lock pop his burst and his dps rockets wheras mine stays roughly the same.

any tips for upping the damage on my second burst as survival?

If you know when your raid uses Heroism/Bloodlust, and it's after Readiness/Stamp have come off CD and the fight lasts for less than 10 minute, save them for the Bloodlust.

If you use Heroism at 5-6min, save your 3rd RF for that, if it lasts longer than 6 min until Bloodlust, use RF right as it comes back off CD again at the ~3min 20 sec mark.

Deleted
    Survival :O i thought they were nerfed now

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionz View Post
    Survival :O i thought they were nerfed now
    BM is just far more demanding on the player, if played correctly it will do 2-5k more than SV. If you feel like BM is hard, then SV is your choice. Or just a preference, either spec will do fine overall.

Thing is that SV only gets decent burst if there's a really lucky string of crits. SV damage, unlike BM, is much more consistent with a high number of ticks.

SV isn't a burst spec. You see decent numbers at the start because of the bajillion agi procs. The best you can do is wait for lust, and as soon as you get decent agi procs, pop everything.

If you really want to leave that lock in the dust, go BM. You will still lose haha. But you will burst higher for a few seconds. And then you can screenshot that moment and flood the lock's email with them, with the subject titled 'suck it! hunterz rule!' And then he will proceed to flood your email with the final recount at the end of the fight and laugh in your face.

The key to survival is sustained damage. Ive noticed that BM is super spikey when it comes to damage but Survival is very even keel. Unless its pvp I wouldnt worry about burst damage and if you are terribbly concerned aquire a on use trink. I generally notice that BM hunters jump out initially on the meters but SV hunters tend to catch up and or pass as the fights progress. In my opinion burst or no burst I only want bosses down.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddargrits View Post
    In my opinion burst or no burst I only want bosses down.
    while this is true, Burst is actually often enough a factor you need to get a boss down, or at least it can make it much easier :-)
    (temporal damage buffs say hello)

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    BM is just far more demanding on the player, if played correctly it will do 2-5k more than SV. If you feel like BM is hard, then SV is your choice. Or just a preference, either spec will do fine overall.
    With the SS buff, SV actually sims higher than BM at some item levels.

I really don't buy into the idea that BM is a significantly higher skill cap spec, though. Sure, the BM opening burst is more tedious and complicated, but aside from that it's basically a SV rotation with BW burns, FF replacing BA, and some pet micromanagement. I'd even say that SV has slightly tighter focus management.

I'll give you this: it's way easier to spot a bad BM player than it is a bad SV player. It's really noticeable if a BM hunter botches the opening burst or doesn't know to macro in pet commands. But honestly, as someone who is hopefully not terrible, I really don't find one to be significant different than the other.