Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shamans Dieing out?

On this Forums, lowest viewer count is on shaman thread,s ... no actual posts etc on officials ... but the thing why i decidet to post is ...
    Really? Why have there not been any Shaman tweets for like a month?
    Only thing what shamans could talk about was Silenced totems... seriously i ,as an PVE shaman DOnt care Get a rest to thet already.
    We need to Start asking a lot more serious questions, like Elemental single dps... its not scaling properly nor its close to be good in 5.2.
    My english is bad, i know thet.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so there is any point at all to ask questions on twitter. Too short char limit to ask a decent question and hope for decent answer. The last twitter i remember, was being asked about enhance pve / pvp and silence changes, and his reply was nothing but "We feel its ok".

So yeah.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Noticed the view count thing myself actually, but I don't think it's a reliable indication. I respectfully think there are some classes that just aren't touched as often as others, but I don't see it as a huge deal.

The lack of shaman updates and tweets does annoy me alot but I suppose that means they think everything's balanced.
    I play Enh/Resto but I agree Ele needs a buff and Blizzard don't see it.

More Tier gear for me I suppose

Deleted
    The number tweaking hasn't happened yet. We'll see if they decide to adjust them for dps shaman or not. Also, I don't have the feeling that shamans are underrepresented in PvE at all. It's been a while since I was the only shaman in a pug (doing 10 man normal pugs atm as I can't be bothered raiding seriously right now). That' anecdotal evidence and not representative at all, I know.

Still, the only thing that bothers me is the amount of dps shamans in serious PvP. Outside of 3s enhancer is... well, not the best... and ele? There may be some good elemental shamans in RBGs but in arena?

Deleted
    I think its like a chain reaction ....
    Less ppl play the class , the less questions are asked.... if questions are asked a lot less Blizz thinks all is ok for the mandority of players of thet class... so more ppl quit playing ele shamans... and this chain doesnt stop.. till something big happens... and it wont happen from it self. I had like 4 Shaman friends who playd ele , now at this moment.. non of them stayd to ele... 2 left at Cata as you know ele was fucked up then, and 2 in the time of Mop .. Really sad...
    Twitter is not the best place to ask i agree but its a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Medaros View Post
    2 left at Cata as you know ele was fucked up then
    Depends on how you view it.

T11 was horrible
    T12 was pretty good
    T13 was rather average

They added the Unleashed Lightning Glyph in Cata and spamable Cl.

In terms of PvE, Cata was a better expansion for Elemental than Wotlk for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In terms of PvE, Cata was a better expansion for Elemental than Wotlk for example.
    Cata wasn't very good for resto though, at least not until DS, an instance practically designed for an entire raid to bathe in Healing Rains and huddle in Spirit Links.

Shaman's haven't gotten many changes on the PTRs. You have "undervalued talent number tweaks" as 2/3rds of the changes.

Nothing major though really. Well Ele getting sham rage (glyphable) is a big deal for both pvp and pve. But there isn't much to discuss about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Cata wasn't very good for resto though, at least not until DS, an instance practically designed for an entire raid to bathe in Healing Rains and huddle in Spirit Links.
    They did receive some ace utility in T11; SLT and Healing Rain for example. Being brought for Mana Tide (or BL/hero for that matter) sucks.

Elemental is together with boomkin, shadow, and retri in a bad spot. All hybrids, and 100% of the ones with a ranged spec. Welcome to hybrid tax 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    They did receive some ace utility in T11; SLT and Healing Rain for example. Being brought for Mana Tide (or BL/hero for that matter) sucks.

Elemental is together with boomkin, shadow, and retri in a bad spot. All hybrids, and 100% of the ones with a ranged spec. Welcome to hybrid tax 2.0.
    Haha what the hell are you on about? The boomies, sps and ret in my guild destroy the dps meters so Im not really sure what you base that assumption on? Our ele shamy isn't doing a bad job either.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Haha what the hell are you on about? The boomies, sps and ret in my guild destroy the dps meters so Im not really sure what you base that assumption on? Our ele shamy isn't doing a bad job either.

Not to be mean, but you should really have a word with, especially, your warlocks and mages if they let themselves be 'beaten' by the non-pure ranged dps in the manner that you describe there. The only one that a warlock is destroyed by is another warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    My sources and numbers:

1) My own observation in raiding in general (which lasted till start of december and included an ele shaman alt).
    2) Regarding shadow my very own expertise and experience...
    3) ...and also the numbers which are fairly clear as well as my own maths and more maths and more maths^2. The most convincing gem being we are the worst DPS class/spec in 5 out of 6 of the fights in HoF 25N/H the exception being amber-shaper. End of line.
    4) Plus SimC T14N 5.1 + SimC T14H 5.1.

(I admit #1 and #2 aren't very convincing, and I admit I don't have ele shaman numbers. If any one has them, please link.)

Now, where are your sources, numbers & maths, logs? I'm looking forward seeing your shadow priest pwn your warlocks and mages.

I sure hope that Shamy is not dead. I have benched our hpal and am actively recruiting a resto Sham as our main tank healer. All that wonderful mastery. Mass utility. I can't believe this game has Shamy niched into raid healer.

i agree that view count isn't exactly proper indication. maybe i'm too set in my ways, but not being able to be that competitive with elemental's dps is disheartening to me and playing my shaman with my guild. i'm just not interested in playing enhance (i prefer ranged), and my guild doesn't seem to need a core resto shaman.
    Sig by Populaire

Deleted
    Blizzard is trying to remove the shaman class in a slow process.
    Next expansion, we will all be pala-mages.
    >=D

What is this Sha-Man you are talking about?
    Some kind of unholy child between a Sha and a Man?!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of discussion isn't really indicative of shaman being in a bad place. If we were terrible or poorly tuned, there would be a ton of negative feedback and probably a lot of dev commentary about it. Silence generally indicates that people are content and things are mostly fine.

Personally, I feel mostly fine.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman aren't being ignored; there's changes hitting the PTR regularly. A lot of people get caught up looking at class changes and get dismayed because they read through all these changes for other classes, and then there's only 3-4 for Shaman. The issue with that is, the other classes were all getting 3-4 changes too.

That doesn't mean I'm entirely happy with the state of Elemental, but Enhancement Shaman are in a very good place currently, one of the strongest melee specs in PvE. Resto's holding its own as well. Shaman aren't being ignored, and we got a LOT of attention fixing our QOL complaints for MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Shaman aren't being ignored; there's changes hitting the PTR regularly. A lot of people get caught up looking at class changes and get dismayed because they read through all these changes for other classes, and then there's only 3-4 for Shaman. The issue with that is, the other classes were all getting 3-4 changes too.

That doesn't mean I'm entirely happy with the state of Elemental, but Enhancement Shaman are in a very good place currently, one of the strongest melee specs in PvE. Resto's holding its own as well. Shaman aren't being ignored, and we got a LOT of attention fixing our QOL complaints for MoP.
    We still need a big glyph overhaul, something to start from scratch since there are a silly amount of mandatory glyphs and a tiny & crappy amount of minor glyphs (which is subjective)

Putting ghostwolf into something that requires a glyph for the "run at normal speed whilst slowed" mechanic is like saying mages need a glyph to use blink whilst stunned.

Totems could be more fruitful and fun (like that repulsion totem that was in the works) they are very boring and only change the fight in a very small way, I just see them as worse version of already existing function but tethered to a stick that can be destroyed and many other elemental shamans see it that way too.

And the totem talents could do with a complete rehaul, Having to take projection (with the cap totem glyph) to make capacitor totem useful seems silly to me, seeing how it misses most the time because of the positioning of the totems and how much micro macro is required to pull it off despite us most the time running for Our lives is not helpful, and the other two talents I don't like because again, they are features to bad and uninteresting totems.

Deleted
    Shaman representation is among the highest in Raidbots samples. We're simply not as vocal as other classes, whether that leads to certain negative results, such as less attention from devs, remains to be seen. I would personally like to doubt it, but we do receive significantly less feedback than other classes, while obviously in need of several mechanic/number changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    The number tweaking hasn't happened yet.
    It's been this same cop out for the past 4-5 years though.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-07 at 06:24 PM.