Poll: Would you welcome more character slots?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

4 more character slots

If Blizzard upped the character slots to 15 per realm/ 50 per account, would you approve of this?

will approve w/e but the best solution is 22 char slots so i can have each class on both ally and horde
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Maybe that "big announcement", which we are yet to see, is about removal of 11 chars per realm cap and possibility to have 50 chars all on same server?

Deleted
    Of course yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were actually PROMISED 50 slots on one server for MoP, but Blizzard later retracted that promised and made it 11 slots to make room for a monk..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I would like more slots on one server but not a huge deal to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We were actually PROMISED 50 slots on one server for MoP, but Blizzard later retracted that promised and made it 11 slots to make room for a monk..
    They never promised anything. They never do promises. They share their plans, which don't always move forward for whatever reason. Which is why I think they shouldn't share anything until it's set in stone, people will always yell "but they promised!" even though they did not.

On topic, indeed I would approve of it. More space is always welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

No we weren't. It was an idea, they never said they promised it. Stop QQing at every opportunity. Feel free to provide a source to prove me wrong.

As for the OP, eh... I don't really care either way. 11 is a lot of characters on a single realm, and while the overall limit wouldn't change an extra 4 characters per realm would mean A LOT of extra data needing to be stored by Blizzard. Because while barely anyone will care about the 50 character limit, more character slots on your 'home' realm will make a lot of people make more alts.

Do we really need an extra 4 character slots per realm though? Imagine you have 11 characters. That's every profession covered (with plenty of redundancy), every class, and potentially a nice split between Alliance and Horde. Is there really a need for even more than that?

Of course I'd approve it, nothing wrong with more character slots, not that I really need it atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way.

There was a blue post, saying that in MoP you could have all 50 toons on one server.
    Later it was changed to "server limit increased to 11" due to technical difficulties..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 11 characters, all alliance on one realm, the majority of them 80+(two in their 60s and being leveled). I would like at least one more, just to have a horde character on that server. All in all I am one of those rare people that have 33 characters all at decent levels. It would be soooo nice to have them access each others banks, considering I make substantially more gold on one server, but more JP and VP on another lol

I'd love some extra slots.

Personally I'd want to see it at either

A) 50 per realm
    B) 22 per realm
    C) Keep it as it is

I'm very OCD about it, I have to have a (near) perfect horde/alliance ratio. As it is now, i've just decided to make a horde realm and an alliance realm (it was 5 horde 5 ally previously, can't do that now). Having 15 would just be me re-leveling a few of the same classes just because I feel like I have to. Have no problem what-so-ever of re-leveling the same class from another faction's perspective though.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-02-06 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    big announcement is you are able to create more than one dk per realm.

I am fine with 5 mages, no need to have 10 or more.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm indifferent to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it, but I'd like to have a few more than 50 characters. I've actually hit that limit. I try to delete a lot, but I have some characters I don't play but don't want to delete because I am nostalgic.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Deleted
    No we weren't, stop making shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    will approve w/e but the best solution is 22 char slots so i can have each class on both ally and horde
    This sounds good! I would like this one..... then no technical restrictions would apply for anything for the chars of both factions belonging to 1 battle.net account.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 12:52 PM ----------

This is not true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    No we weren't. It was an idea, they never said they promised it. Stop QQing at every opportunity. Feel free to provide a source to prove me wrong.

As for the OP, eh... I don't really care either way. 11 is a lot of characters on a single realm, and while the overall limit wouldn't change an extra 4 characters per realm would mean A LOT of extra data needing to be stored by Blizzard. Because while barely anyone will care about the 50 character limit, more character slots on your 'home' realm will make a lot of people make more alts.

Do we really need an extra 4 character slots per realm though? Imagine you have 11 characters. That's every profession covered (with plenty of redundancy), every class, and potentially a nice split between Alliance and Horde. Is there really a need for even more than that?
    They said at the last Blizzcon they were thinking of removing the realm limit and allowing players to have all their characters on one realm if they so wished. You can argue that is not a promise, and I am sure you will, however considering how popular this announcement was within the player base they should not have said anything if they were not planning on going through with it.

Blizzard already allow each account to create 50 characters so where would all the extra data come from?

Just because you do not need extra character slots does not mean others share you point of view, personally I would love extra slots so I could make characters on the opposite faction and have them use the heirlooms that have been sitting in my bank for ages.