Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PROJECT BLACKSTONE - Online

Project Blackstone has now gone online, as posted by SteelSeries' Facebook page.
    It is Starcraft-related.

http://www.projectblackstone.com/

SteelSeries also gave out this password:
    Y7_$0>0k_3<$m

Could this be a prelude to PROJECT TITAN, or is it just to hype us for HotS?

It mentions Zerg experiments and the Dominion, but I've only skimmed it through so far.

My theories:

A) This is just a website to build lore and hype us before HotS is out.

B) This is an attempt to expand the lore of Starcraft and the events coming in HotS. Ultimately, this might be a prelude to PROJECT TITAN. Why, you ask? Well, events do seem to indicate that the Hybrids and/or Zerg will destroy the Terran Dominion eventually - either directly by Mengsk and his Project Blackstone, or as a consequence of the other races trying to bring him down and put and end to his reign.

From the StarCraft wiki:

"By the outbreak of the next phase of war,[75] Mengsk was still in a position of power in the Dominion. He remained the focus of Kerrigan's desire for revenge.[76] At some point, he gave personal approval to the selection of the scientists who would become part of Project Blackstone."[77]

"Project Blackstone is a Terran Dominion research project, focused on zerg research. It is led by Dr. Helek Branamoor."[1]

What if the ongoing war and Project Blackstone will lead to the fall of the Terran, causing humanity to enter a sort of post-modern steampunk era. This could be the setting of Project Titan - mankind's coping with the aftermath of the war.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-02-06 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Could this be a prelude to PROJECT TITAN?
    Project Titan is the new MMORPG = WoW 2.0

This is sc2, STARCRAFT 2.

The address contains SC2 so am I unsure if it has anything to do with Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post

no one ever said titan was an RPG, just an MMO. it could be MMOmanythings.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

SC2 related...
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blackstone/login
    "Please note: Attempting to access secure Dominion networks without proper authorization is considered a hostile act. Further incorrect access attempts will earn a commensurate response"

And it says SC2 all over the place in the source.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Pretty bad-ass looking. I've read elsewhere that it's affiliated with Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm though, not Titan.

And please tell me you cracked that password yourself, haha.

Using metzen as the password just makes it talk about location, nothing else happens.

There is no confirmation that Titan will be fantasy mmo, might as well be sci-fi or steampunk. Right now we can only guess, not hard evidence has been leaked so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post

That is irrelevant, and yes I know this is SC2-related. I said so in my second sentence.

What I mean is, this kind of website has never launched for Starcraft in the past.

This could either be:

a) Most likely; a website to hype us for the release of HotS, or
    b) Unlikely, but not impossible; something to draw from the Stacraft-universe but expand into something new.

Project Titan could be our re-colonization of space, after the Zerg or Hybrids have destroyed us all.
    It could be our way of coping after a 'great collapse' - hence the Steampunkisk artwork we've seen by one of its lead artists.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 11:59 AM ----------

FYI:

I got the password from SteelSeries on Facebook. They posted that Blackstone was now online, and included the password. It's safe, lol.

Deleted
    cool find, obviously starcraft related.

also, how did you get the password??

Intruiging, also fun that it talks about the ghosts etc. Maybe a reboot to Starcraft: Ghost? (one can dream right?)

Deleted
    Moving this to video game discussion since it's not wow related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibilites in order of likelyhood, in my opinion:

1. Site to hype up next expansion
    2. Reboot of Starcraft: Ghost
    3. Titan is Starcraft based(highly unlikely)
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

does this need a plugin apart from flash because im just getting a big gray box on my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    That is irrelevant, and yes I know this is SC2-related. I said so in my second sentence.

What I mean is, this kind of website has never launched for Starcraft in the past.

This could either be:

a) Most likely; a website to hype us for the release of HotS, or
    b) Unlikely, but not impossible; something to draw from the Stacraft-universe but expand into something new.

Project Titan could be our re-colonization of space, after the Zerg or Hybrids have destroyed us all.
    It could be our way of coping after a 'great collapse' - hence the Steampunkisk artwork we've seen by one of its lead artists.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 11:59 AM ----------

FYI:

I got the password from SteelSeries on Facebook. They posted that Blackstone was now online, and included the password. It's safe, lol.
    You went back and edited your original post, you sly dog you. You never said anything about it being SC2-related the first time!

I'd say it's just something to hype the release of HoTS; if anything, I think Titan would be an intermediary series that takes place in between WoW and Starcraft and not a continuation of Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    You went back and edited your original post, you sly dog you. You never said anything about it being SC2-related the first time!

I'd say it's just something to hype the release of HoTS; if anything, I think Titan would be an intermediary series that takes place in between WoW and Starcraft and not a continuation of Starcraft.
    A black soulstone from Diablo has somehow entered the Starcraft universe?

Interesting...
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post

While it's true I went back and edited my OP, the StarCraft bit was in there all along. This I swear.

And as for your theory; please elaborate? Do you propose that SC and WC are in the same universe?

I don't know what project titan will be but looking at how frigging great sc, diablo, warcraft has been I'm making a bold claim that this will be a very good game.

Deleted
    Looks like some sort of viral campaign to promote the release of SC2: HotS.

Deleted
    It's funny because...

SteelSeries
    ‎Blizzard just launched http://www.projectblackstone.com/ and it seems like it's StarCraft 2 related. What do you think it is for?

*Pst* The password is: Y7_$0>0k_3<$m
    http://projectblackstone.com/
    projectblackstone.com
    about an hour ago

Might be wrong but they think its SC2 related.