Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    lol darthiss, i saw you said babies but only saw one dog, took me a few seconds to see the second guy down there :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/gM4vfNJ.jpg here is my dog begging for nacho chips yes i know the bed is hairy i clean it every night its a small price to pay for her to be in her favorite safe spot in the house she is a border collie & long haired german sheppard mix.

wow! that is hairy. mine use to sleep on my bed, and was a really hairy breed but i think he was too young to be losing that much hair :P my dogs favorite spot was rather a plant pot he was too big for, or wherever i happened to be trying to sit at that time.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-02-07 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Grandpab: Definitely looks like he has some boxer. Not being able to see his muzzle from the side makes it a bit difficult to tell. But the shape of his face, and the coloration, definitely looks like boxer.
    There's been times I've seen other german shepherds and I'd see my dogs face, they'd look damn near identical except for his floppy ears. He doesn't have the short noses like boxers have, but the coloration is similar to a lot of boxers so I think people just say boxer right away.

This is a florida blackmouth cur I found on google, idk if my pic is good enough to tell, and I know you can't see all of his body, but this dog is so similar looking to mine I want to say it must be his dad lol

Radux: Your first one looks more like a border collie to me. Still, both are super cute.
    Yeah she was the only black+white of the group. Her dad was black+white, but the mom was a red merle. Plus we got her because she was the runt of the litter. She was off playing by herself. She would pick up a rock, throw it, then pounce after it. She did that for the longest time when we were talking to the breeder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love dogs, more then a lot of people lol. I actually just got a new dog around 3 months ago!
    Kodah the Golden Retriever

And this is last week while at her puppy training class

All these beautiful dogs... Irjealous. If my other pets weren't so touchy I would definitely get a dog to add to the family. My mother has a two annoyingly lovable mutts that are impossible to hate. Wish I took pictures.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    I love dogs, more then a lot of people lol. I actually just got a new dog around 3 months ago!

Adorable pup!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    All these beautiful dogs... Irjealous. If my other pets weren't so touchy I would definitely get a dog to add to the family. My mother has a two annoyingly lovable mutts that are impossible to hate. Wish I took pictures.
    heh, sometimes you really hate your dog, sometimes they just piss you off. but you cant ever stay mad at them. i was mostly angry at mine when he would wake me up at a stupid time because he needed the toilet, use to swear a bit at him because i was tired :P then when i was properly awake i would think at least he didnt do his stuff on my bed :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    wow! that is hairy. mine use to sleep on my bed, and was a really hairy breed but i think he was too young to be losing that much hair :P my dogs favorite spot was rather a plant pot he was too big for, or wherever i happened to be trying to sit at that time.
    She is just loosing her winter fur atm but her fur is also connected to another dimension thats completly full of hair as its never ending no amount of brushing makes it stop trust me have brushed off enugh hair to make a second dog several times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Shows that your are not a dog lover.
    I love when people make comments like this. Why is a person less of a dog lover when they go to a source other then the pound/shelter? If a breeder has all of these dogs that no one adopts what do you think will happen to those dogs? Shelter or breeder, the source doesn't matter either way some dog is going to go without a home and the consequences of such a thing almost always end up the same.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:50 PM ----------

Every time i get a dog i get it from a shelter. Saving an old dog from euthanasia is better then supporting breeders that are just out for profit and "discard" their unsold "goods".
    Isn't that hypocritical? You want to save the old dogs from euthanasia, but you don't want to save the new dogs from euthanasia? If a breeder just discards the unwanted dogs, then why shouldn't those dogs be deserving of being saved? Besides not all breeders are out to make a quick buck and some actually do care about the breeds.

The whole reason why we have different dogs today, new breeds, and dog show winning dogs is because there are breeders that care. I think people that only save those from a shelter over those from a breeder are the ones that aren't in it for the dog. But are in it more for the good feeling of "rescuing" something.

As for the topic, westies have always been my favorite dog of choice.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-07 at 01:51 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not that I don't love dogs, but I'm more of a cat person.

Although if it were practical I'd love to own a Husky, one of those domesticated silver foxes they bred in Russia or something like that. I like the wild look. But I like in apartments so not very likely!

Shows that your are not a dog lover.
    Don't be a jerk. Nothing wrong with getting a pet from a good breeder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time i get a dog i get it from a shelter. Saving an old dog from euthanasia is better then supporting breeders that are just out for profit and "discard" their unsold "goods".
    That's not even close to true. What you're referring to is a puppy mill. Those kind of places sell dogs to pet stores where unsuspecting people buy them. A reputable breeder (we chose one that was an AKC Breeder of Merit) has clean living conditions, ample exercise room, excellent food, vitamins, and shots, and backs their dogs up with a guarantee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not even close to true. What you're referring to is a puppy mill. Those kind of places sell dogs to pet stores where unsuspecting people buy them. A reputable breeder (we chose one that was an AKC Breeder of Merit) has clean living conditions, ample exercise room, excellent food, vitamins, and shots, and backs their dogs up with a guarantee.

yeh, we got ours from a good breeder. made sure it was a registered breeder and the pup was coming from a good background. they were treated well, already microchipped and wormed, they gave use a months supply of food and all the tablets/meds hes gonna need for his next few weeks. they weren't breeders that had like 10 different breeds going on or breeding 10 different dogs at a time. they owned a farm and hhad two adult springers, when they had babies they sold them. they only bred pure bred springers, not a bad home. they were not some dodgy breeder with 20 dogs living in a shed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeh, we got ours from a good breeder. made sure it was a registered breeder and the pup was coming from a good background. they were treated well, already microchipped and wormed, they gave use a months supply of food and all the tablets/meds hes gonna need for his next few weeks. they weren't breeders that had like 10 different breeds going on or breeding 10 different dogs at a time. they owned a farm and hhad two adult springers, when they had babies they sold them. they only bred pure bred springers, not a bad home. they were not some dodgy breeder with 20 dogs living in a shed.
    We had the exact same experience. We drove 13 hours to pick up our shiba inus at 8 weeks because we knew we could trust Royal Kennels. Well-known, so many good dogs (including some of the top show dogs in the country), excellent health, shot records...

...I understand why people say "adopt from a pound". But she's going to breed these dogs. It's her career, her life. Someone has to buy them and give them good homes, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We had the exact same experience. We drove 13 hours to pick up our shiba inus at 8 weeks because we knew we could trust Royal Kennels. Well-known, so many good dogs (including some of the top show dogs in the country), excellent health, shot records...

...I understand why people say "adopt from a pound". But she's going to breed these dogs. It's her career, her life. Someone has to buy them and give them good homes, too.
    Wow13hours!
    we drove about 2hours

there are a few reasons to get a pup from a breeder aswell. It's not always bad.if somebody didn't get the pups from breeders, they would just end up in a kennel most of the time, or bad breeders sometimes just abandon them, that's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/SNmD0l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eufv3l.jpg
    Oh my god a white golden retriever. They are absolutely beautiful. White GSDs and white huskies are absurdly cute as well.

I guess I will add 2 pictures that I have already posted in the pet pic megathread, since it's apparently fine as 2 blue mods have done the same:

That's the 4 I have at the moment. Stardust the husky, Honey the golden retriever, Barley the chow/gsd, and Rosie the retriever mix. This was taken about 2 years or so ago.

Not the greatest picture, but it's the only one I have of those 3 together. This was taken in 2007. As you can see, there's a younger Rosie and Barley, but the husky is different. This one is Starlight. She would have been 6 last month. She died of either cancer or possibly kidney failure (brought on by those fucking chicken jerky treats that you see warnings about now) at 17 months of age. She wasn't even a year and a half old.

And there's a half-puppy pic of my current girls. This was the day after I brought Honey Buns home. Her and her older "sister" playing together while the 2 older "sisters" stand by. Stardust and Honey Buns love to play, and Stardust gets rough. Luckily Honey Buns is 3 times her size (husky = 42 pounds, golden = 120 pounds), so luckily there isn't any real fear of hurt. When Barley plays with her, Honey Buns will flop over and submit. But when Stardust tries to get her to do that, she basically says "I don't think so" and they go toe to toe in their playing. Rosie unfortunately lost her playmate when Starlight died. She still mourns for her "sister" from time to time. She doesn't play anymore, though she doesn't mind a little playing with me. I can get her rowdy at times, so I know she can still play.

Oh, and my Stardust loves to play fetch, but neither retriever will.

I'm with Dars on this one. My wife and I got our Aussie's from a breeder about 7-8 hours from us. They have huge amounts of farmland, and they use all their dogs to herd sheep and horses. They just happen to sell their puppies when they have a litter. It's just pure happenstance that our dogs are also AKC registered.

Giving me the "It wasn't me look" :O Breed is Finnish Spitz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2013-02-07 at 02:42 AM.

This is a video of what were my two dogs (they're with the ex now).

Zach ends up deciding that the muddy water filled hole he dug is awesome to play in. The lols start ~1:16 and continue again from 1:40:

Jess (the brindle) was a rescue from an animal shelter and has canine epilepsy. I purchase Zach (the red) as company for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god a white golden retriever. They are absolutely beautiful. White GSDs and white huskies are absurdly cute as well.
    Thank you, we were actually lucky enough to find her at a shelter! I dont know how she wasnt gone already, but she has a decent sized scar on her chest and her previous owners dumped her because she wasnt fit for a show dog with the scar.

Your dogs are awesome as well, Ive always had Golden Retrievers and yours look jut like my previous Golden Very pretty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    D'aw man, you are awesome, and your dog is a hero <3

Peggle thats such a lovely pic

So many cuties in here. Remeber to put your pets names though guys! Also ther is a 'post your pet' thread lurking somewhere with lots more pics
    i will post my pets pic soon as i can upload the picture. his name was honor.now the freshly fallen snow is washing over his tracks. it was the best standard poodle ever.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-07 at 06:42 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.