Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cringed. Unfortunate for the bidder.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    I can definitely understand how someone could screw up a bid like this. Especially if you don't use the BMAH often. But even once you know how to use it it can bug out. It bugs for me all the fucking time and I need a UI reload to sort it out. Luckily I was only spending 2-3k on brawlers guild invites!

Quote Originally Posted by Shabiji View Post
    I'm guessing it's either a Mexican player or a South American player playing in Spanish EU servers that said that in /say, 'jalar' (or, in this case, 'jalandose' which is a form of 'jalar') is not a verb a Spaniard would use ^_^

Seen people mistakenly bidding on items like this before, the hot item window just sucks.
    Clearly that's the Spanish word for Hollandaise and they were planning a soiree.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Que tonto!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

this is something I can't understand. I'm no genius, but I've never ever ever had any trouble using the BMAH interface. I bough a BG's invitation and 6 t3 pieces there already. but I'm always broke. right now I have 1k on my bags, 10k on my hunter alt to buy her last t3 piece (the pants, I won't buy the bracers).

how can people who can't even figure the interface out be goldcapped when I can't ever even reach 35k?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Ouch! That really has to suck.

I'm sure though that he'd be able to contact a Game Master and get a refund, in such extreme circumstances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    In my experience blizz doesnt do this. They didnt do it for me, they pretty much say "Oh well, your fault" and same thing happened to a friend of mine and blizz said the same thing
    Mate lost T3 warrior chest to someone buying it for his lvl 60 alt because he couldn't rebid while in raid when it expired. The prat buying it bought it on his hunter thinking he could mail it to his alt. When he found out he couldnt he ticketed a GM and the GM returned his gold and destroyed the chest, thereby fucking my mate over in the process.

People need to read that shit before they bid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    In my experience blizz doesnt do this. They didnt do it for me, they pretty much say "Oh well, your fault" and same thing happened to a friend of mine and blizz said the same thing
    Depends on the GM you get and how polite you are really. They can do it, but they're not obligated to, if they feel you're worth the effort then they will.

Deleted
    I thought this thread was about legendaries on the BMAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Yeah its Blizz's fault this guy screwed up...lol how stupid is that!!!!!!
    Its their fault for making a bad interface that induces ppl to do the wrong thing...
    We deal a lot with that stuff at my company, and as an example, in a real world, something similar in a online bank interface could end in a real court...

EDIT: With this I'm not saying that players shouldn't be accountable for their mistakes and that blizzard is to blame for everything that is wrong! Just saying that from the point of Design (and this is something I know what i'm talking about) you as a company should and must develop it to avoid bad usage, malpractices but also serious mistakes. If the interface is confuse and instead of helping players it tricks players to bid on wrong items, then it's bad design...

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    But theirs one box for the hot item, one for your selected item.. if you're bidding 999k you make sure it's in the right fucking box. Jeez.
    The hot item is a big and visible box... the items are almost always, the crappy ones...

the box you want and the bid button you want is more hidden...

in summary, If you lack a bit of focus when looking at the interface you feel compelled to put the price and press bid on wrong places... Interfaces should be obvious!
    Atm its very easy to make a mistake...
    Last edited by mmocf9f29600a1; 2013-02-06 at 03:37 PM.

LOL I was about to post this!!! :3

http://i.imgur.com/OTiiKH6.png

Gotta love Dun Modr xd

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I don't understand how you accidentally bid on the wrong item..
    People get excited, hasty and put a bid on the "hot item" which really should be the mount not the brawler's invite.

Now that's what you call an Epic Fail!

Jokes aside, BMAH UI needs improvements. It's very clunky especially compared to the normal AH, which needs some improvements too tbh.

there are a dozen or half invitations at any time, the Hot Item should only be the unique ones, not the homogeneous goods.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-06 at 04:10 PM.

I really hope he can get his money back. I miss-bid on the stupid broom pet over my t3 helm, and they just said "tough s**t." I was mad, but if I did something as cataclysmically wrong as that, I would have to server transfer and change my name to avoid the hate. lol

Deleted
    Everyone makes mistakes.Myself the first but what I really dont understand from that picture is....the 980k bid on invicible?

Are you wiiling to pay 980k but not 999.999 g? are you willing to risk being outbid by 19k g and lose the auction on a 1million bid?

w...t......f....

Deleted
    In my opinion, the BMAH should be revamped...you put in the maximum Amount of gold you would pay for the itemand as long as no one else outbids your max offer, you stay top of the list. That way you still may put your bet on the wrong item, but as long as no one else would bid that much money on that particular item you don't lose nearly as much money as you would with the system they use now.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes.Myself the first but what I really dont understand from that picture is....the 980k bid on invicible?

Are you wiiling to pay 980k but not 999.999 g? are you willing to risk being outbid by 19k g and lose the auction on a 1million bid?

w...t......f....
    Maybe he didn't have more than 980k. It's possible that he had let's say 880k and all he could borrow from friends was 100k and 980k has better chance that 880k to get mount.

Deleted

w...t......f....
    was thinking just the same :S

w...t......f....
    No, that bidder doesn't risk anything.
    The point is that if the bid is higher then 960k or smth (don't remember the exact sum), it cannot be outbidden, as you can't have more than 1mln (minus 1 c) gold on hand, and the interface would't accept lower bids (like if you wanted to bid 980001 gold on that invincible 980000 bid)