Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Act-Blizz I think turned a nice profit between WoW, CoD, and Skylanders during the holiday season. But ya I think WoW subs will be down. I'm guessing between 9-9.5 mil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I say its probably around 8-9 million. Probably closer to 9 mil. My friends list is literally empty at peak hours on a "full" server.
    Your friends list is indicative of an entire populace, because that's a great tool to use. Maybe you just have no friends?

Edit for info: I moved from a now low pop server to a medium pop, my guild constantly has 10-20 people on during the week days, and they're looking to make 1 25m raid of all guildys or 2-3 10m. The argument "since my friends list is empty, means WOW is declining" isn't a valid one considering people can easily remove you from their friends list.
    Last edited by Shemade; 2013-02-06 at 04:07 PM.

I love anectodal evidence. I'm on a medium server. Friends list booming each night. Not one dropped since start of Mop.

I think people do not realize what losing 2mil subs in one quarter means. Throwing that number very loosely here.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I love anectodal evidence. I'm on a medium server. Friends list booming each night. Not one dropped since start of Mop.

I think people do not realize what losing 2mil subs in one quarter means. Throwing that number very loosely here.
    "Wow will loose 2 million subscibers in one quarter" filtered through a translater means, "Yo, I be hatin on wow and hope it looses 2 million subscibers, that would fulfill my sense of revenge that was not fulfilled when I left my post about why 'I quit and you should too' but no one followed me off the cliff. YOLO!"

I'd love to see ghostcrawler finally being fired. I'd resub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Possibility exists that people simply removed you from their friends list.
    wow even the mods bully him now, great bias

Going to stick with my guess of 9.5M. But that's a low confidence guess.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It doesn't matter, because whatever happens, these will be the three responses we'll see:

Drop in Subscriptions: "I told you WoW is dying, this heap of shit sucks!"

Subscriptions remain steady: "I told you WoW is dying, no-one new joined and I know at least 10,000 people who plan to quit tomorrow"

Increase in subscriptions: "I told you WoW is dying! It is just filled with 10 year old kiddies due to Pandas!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "Wow will loose 2 million subscibers in one quarter" filtered through a translater means, "Yo, I be hatin on wow and hope it looses 2 million subscibers, that would fulfill my sense of revenge that was not fulfilled when I left my post about why 'I quit and you should too' but no one followed me off the cliff. YOLO!"
    You made me giggle...

Deleted
    10m Xo Xo Xo Xo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I say its probably around 8-9 million. Probably closer to 9 mil. My friends list is literally empty at peak hours on a "full" server.
    Do you want to know why you dont have friends in WoW? ....

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    wow even the mods bully him now, great bias
    Mods are people too.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    WoW is on its way out.
    Why do people say things like this?

'On it's way out' is like they've fell below 1 million subs and have had to merge servers and scale back on content. You know, like Swtor, Tera, and other 'big name MMOs.'

Wow is chugging along, and while sure, it has it's increases and decreases in activity, it's certainly not hemorrhaging subs at an alarming rate which will spell the doom of the aforementioned server mergers and declining content development. It's not at a point where it's unreasonable to believe the game can continue to chug along at the pace it's been at for the last few years and feasibly expect to get at least a few more years out of it.

So no, I don't think it's fair to say 'Wow is on it's way out.'

Even if subs have dropped to 7.8 million...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager the holidays bolstered the subscription base, or at least kept it steady.

Somewhere around 10 million.

I really think it's annoying when fanboys jump all over you when you say something like WoW will probably lose subs like you are attacking them personally. The game is going to be 9 years old this year, and yes it's still a juggernaut even at 5 million subs. You can't get offended when someone thinks WoW is losing subs. It's just going to happen eventually. I personally, as a WoW player, think it will be at 8 million. It's still a respectable number, but there's too many good F2P MMOs emerging and I honestly feel a lot of people were turned off by how central a role dailies play into the end game.

World of Warcraft subscriptions would need to drop below the 5 Million mark to start being concerned, and below 3 Million before actions would be needed to be taken, from a Hardware & Community point of view (Server Merge, etc...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Possibility exists that people simply removed you from their friends list.
    Impossible. Everyone on my friends list loves me, and would do anything I wanted on any whim of mine. They are all real id friends, and battletag friends. I dont make friends unless they become battletag / real id friends. No scrubs allowd on my friends list

But yeah, its pretty empty now, and many of them havent been online in months. (since the beginning of panda land)

10+ Year Old Account
    9.5-10 Million. My brother started playing again and two other friends started, I would be stunned if it was under 9.5 or over 10.5.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Because we dont live in the world of fairies and pixie dust. Get it out of your head that WoW is the end all, god of mmos. Its old, and the devs really screwed up on this expansion, in so many ways I wont even list them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I really think it's annoying when fanboys jump all over you when you say something like WoW will probably lose subs like you are attacking them personally. The game is going to be 9 years old this year, and yes it's still a juggernaut even at 5 million subs. You can't get offended when someone thinks WoW is losing subs. It's just going to happen eventually. I personally, as a WoW player, think it will be at 8 million. It's still a respectable number, but there's too many good F2P MMOs emerging and I honestly feel a lot of people were turned off by how central a role dailies play into the end game.
    This^ I agree with everything you said here.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I'd love to see ghostcrawler finally being fired. I'd resub.
    >Implying all design decisions are his
    >implying 6 months later even if you weren't complaining anymore about design changes, most of the playerbase would be
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.