Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post

Im Sorry mods, but it had to be done, excuse me for my awful paint skills.
    that is perfection. i now have a new favorite meme, lol. just need to think of a witty caption
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely a piece of junk that will get shot down on its first 'stealth' mission over a target with semi-decent SAM coverage. Not worried in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Most likely a piece of junk that will get shot down on its first 'stealth' mission over a target with semi-decent SAM coverage. Not worried in the least.
    It has to get into the sky first.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It has to get into the sky first.
    This is true.

Also, the F-35 sucks.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true.

Also, the F-35 sucks.
    Why does the F-35 suck?

The jet is almost certainly a fake, or at best a dream mock-up of something they do not have.

It's part of the latest propaganda push by Ahmadinejad. Remember the monkey is space thing?

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:04 PM ----------

Why does the F-35 suck?
    Because it's horrifically expensive, years late, and doesn't even work.

Deleted
    Fake or not, that thing looks cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the F-35 suck?
    Because we need more f-22s, that's why!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the F-35 suck?
    As said; horrifically late and overbudget.

Not to mention that save for its STOVL version, it has no real niche that is not accomplished by other aircraft like the F-22, A-10, FA-18, F-16, etc. All of those do what the F-35 does, but better at their individual roles. They want a jack-of-all-trades fighter and have, as expected, produced a piece of crap.

Hell, I'd take a Eurofighter or a Rafale over an F-35.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The jet is almost certainly a fake, or at best a dream mock-up of something they do not have.

It's part of the latest propaganda push by Ahmadinejad. Remember the monkey is space thing?

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:04 PM ----------

Because it's horrifically expensive, years late, and doesn't even work.
    From what I'm reading it has high maintenance costs, but those may be brought down with additional development. But the performance of the aircraft seems to meet the expectations.

Deleted
    Why does the F-35 suck?

Too expensive for what it is, it is a huge waste of money really. They tried to create a plane that is a master of all roles, instead they created one that is weak at them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I'm reading it has high maintenance costs, but those may be brought down with additional development. But the performance of the aircraft seems to meet the expectations.
    As I said, save for the STOVL function it has no niche which is not already filled by an aircraft that does it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, save for the STOVL function it has no niche which is not already filled by an aircraft that does it better.
    That's too bad. It's much prettier than those older jets like the F/A-18. Seems like its stealth capability looks much better than other multi-role fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's too bad. It's much prettier than those older jets like the F/A-18. Seems like its stealth capability looks much better than other multi-role fighters.
    The F/A-18 is a perfectly functional air-superiority aircraft; as for stealth, you have the F-22. For ground attack, nothing beats the A-10, period.

Specialization is generally the better option than multi-role, simply because you end up with aircraft that perform poorly in multiple roles as opposed to excelling at one.

10+ Year Old Account
    wing span is too short for my liking. over all looks pretty cool. too bad it belongs to the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The F/A-18 is a perfectly functional air-superiority aircraft.
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying the F/A-18 isn't a very functional aircraft. It's just not as pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The F/A-18 is a perfectly functional air-superiority aircraft; as for stealth, you have the F-22. For ground attack, nothing beats the A-10, period.
    I'd say the f-22 fills every air-to-air role (as far as the air force is concerned. It's too large for the navy). It's practically invisible, and it's damn near impossible to kill. On top of that, it's got munitions to throw at you for days.

Looks like the cockpit is made out of fiberglass.

Fiberglass aircraft that flies at 50 times the speed of sound...u mad, physics? /trollface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'd say the f-22 fills every air-to-air role (as far as the air force is concerned. It's too large for the navy). It's practically invisible, and it's damn near impossible to kill. On top of that, it's got munitions to throw at you for days.
    This is true. The main function of stealth aircraft, however, is taking out SAM sites for the conventional aircraft like the A-10s and B-52s.

Deleted
    So sad people missed the link showing that it can't actualy fly and they just photoshopped it. :<

I'l post it again anyway, http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...213-2ebwb.html