Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've done it a lot of times but LK25HC wipes where the worst, 6 months wipe because people couldn't move out of defiles and wasn't replaced, not going to waste my time on that.

Deleted
    I don't like it. One can say in a courteous way you're leaving and why.

By ninja logging they may wait for you.

If people are plain rude though, I might do it, but just because I am completely done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I have done it a couple of times in pugs, usually when something has dragged on until stupidly late and I had to go to work.

The reason why?

I can't be arsed being guilted into "one more try" or a 10 minute debate about it ^^
    Pretty much this sums up all my feelings on late night pugs that end up being fail. lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think it is okay to ninja log if the raid is terrible and things are going badly? Or do you stick it out to the bitter end, continuously wiping?
    In LFR I "ninja log" if the group wipes more than once on a boss, Should not be happening and I have enough wipefests from raiding with guild. LFG I will stick to the group aslong as not more than 2 leaves.

i have done it once or twice in the past. just because i saw it was basicly pointless.
    or i was just really tired. not sure tho. been a long time ago since i was raiding normal modes.

First time tanking as my monk. Never had been Brewmaster before, was horribly undergeared. Died on the first pull. Ninja logged out of sheer embarrassment. Pretty sure life went on for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    First time tanking as my monk. Never had been Brewmaster before, was horribly undergeared. Died on the first pull. Ninja logged out of sheer embarrassment. Pretty sure life went on for everyone.
    Lol.

1) Why would you join a heroic 5 man, let alone a raid when you know you are horribly undergeared?

2) Theres a reason why leveling as the spec you want to be works to help you become better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I have done it a couple of times in pugs, usually when something has dragged on until stupidly late and I had to go to work.

The reason why?

I can't be arsed being guilted into "one more try" or a 10 minute debate about it ^^
    I don't really give them time to argue. I just say my piece, never longer than can fit in one chat input, and leave the group and the vent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Lol funny, apart from there being some monk tanks who have no IDEA about their rotation, I had this event too except then I was the healer and the tank just poof. Doesn't even bother to ask if I'm ready or look what spec I am, sees me respec and... QUICKLY lets get into combat. I don't even bother then. I just run outside and wait for the kick. I mean, if I tank and I see a resto shaman I don't pull till I have earth shield. Out of principle.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I have the balls to tell them why i am leaving.
    Aye mate

There was this one time in Dragon soul. Think i was 4/8hc on my warrior and was looking for a guild, ended up joining some guild that was 4/8hc too, and they needed a warrior tank at the time.

So when the first raid happened, we start killing morchock, we wipe for about 30minutes. Im asking them in vent like "wtf, thought you had this boss on farm, why are your raiders doing such stupid mistakes over and over again?". The raidleader after awhile revealed that only he had 4/8hc experience, and all the other members only had 8/8 normal exp. At that point i was like are you fucking kidding me!?!?! Think i ended up saying something like, "hey guys, my internet is acting weirdly, gimme 5 mins to boot my modem and ill be right back!". Got up from my chair, closed wow and vent, went for a cigarette and didnt log on my warrior for like 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either I tell the group that I have to go (with a made up reason or otherwise) or I leave the group, hearth and logout quickly.

I do not ninja log because i would waste at least 9 other people's time, and I feel bad about things easily. On the other hand, i don't like ninja loggers but often I just alt-tab and entertain myself while waiting for the offline to get kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope never not since i started in 05.

If "ninja logging" is referring to pressing alt f4 without saying anything - nope.

I've done my share of 'ninja logging', but around 99% of those times is because I already wasn't in a good mood from the get-go, and the groups I'd get for LFD or LFR were so terrible, I'd just close the game and go do something else to clear my head when luck clearly weren't helping for that.

I understand people ninja-logging when the group sucks, but it annoys me when we kill one of the first bosses, and immediately after the loot is shown, one or more person immediately drop, leaving the dungeon unfinished and forcing the rest of the group to wait for more people.

BUT... what really pisses me off are those idiots who not only ninja-log, but before that, they make it a point to pull AS MANY MOBS AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN, kite them to the group, and THEN ninja-log out, leaving us to deal with an insurmountable number of mobs. Which gets more aggravating when the ninja-logger is the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Death is essentially meaningless in this game, so leaving because of wipes is more than a little emo.
    Waste of time and gold in a heroic dungeon to be wiping on content designed to be facerolled. It means there is serious incompetence going on. I don't ninja log, if Im solo queued and people are failing over and over on something that should've been one shot long ago, I will wish them the best and drop group. Heroic dungeons =/= progression, at all, ever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why ninja-log when you can just tell people you don't want to stay and leave ?

I really makes NO sense to me...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a nice guy for the most part, but at times I get to frustrated, annoyed or pissed off at how stupid people can be. Which wouldn't be an issue if people learned from their mistakes, but that doesn't seem to happen a lot anymore.

Usually I just leave, no reason given (it's obvious anyway..). And if I give a reason, it sure as hell isn't some made up crap like "ehh, my grandmother is drowning in the soup bowl".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja logging is annoying as all hell. Especially if it's some critical role.

Frankly, if you don't want to be in the group any longer, just leave. Don't leave it up to "chance." No one is forcing you to explain yourself, or give a valid reason... you can just leave. A much better solution than leaving people sitting with one DCed person in the group waiting for them to come back.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    You invest more into this game than just your 15 bucks each month. It also costs great deal of time, and, if you pug frequently, quite possibly part of your sanity. If someone tells me they only need one more DPS and are going to clear Vaults no problem, then are still wiping on the first boss an hour later - do you honestly think I'll stay?
    I'd rather go farm some stuff or level an alt or play something else than stay in a raid that clearly isn't going anywhere regardless of how hard they try.