Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RL For the Horde

This totally made me laugh out loud. I was reading from the website, notalwaysright.com, and this story about a World of Warcraft brought a smile to my face.
    (On my Seattle bus, a passenger tries to slip in through the back door and sneak to a seat without paying.)

Bus Driver: “Please come up and pay, sir.”

Fare-evading Passenger: *smirks and ignores him*

Bus Driver: “Sir, please come up and pay.”

Fare-evading Passenger: *continues ignoring him*

(Fed up, I intervene.)

Me: “That’s you, bro.”

Fare-evading Passenger: *smirks again*

(I wait a few seconds before I get up, walk over, and pull out one of his ear-buds.)

Me: “Look. I got three hours of sleep last night, I’m having a bad morning, and you are not going to make me late for work. Get your self-entitled a** up there and pay your d*** fare!”

Fare-evading Passenger: *slinks up to the front of the bus and pays*

(Note that I’m wearing a t-shirt with “Thrall” from World of Warcraft. Another passenger at the front notices and shouts back towards me…)

Another Passenger: “FOR THE HORDE!”

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha! That's a pretty good story

10+ Year Old Account
    BO YEAH, FOR THE HORDE!

Good on you. A Thrall T-shirt? You have a link what one?

That is a pretty amazing story.

Not that I condone graffiti, I really like this graffiti:

I wish they sold wow shirts in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They do. Hot Topic has them. My son and I ran a Halloween 5K against each other and I had a Horde Shirt and he had an Alliance shirt
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha that made me laugh

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hell yeah, that's how we do!

I was getting off a bus going to Downtown Disney with a friend of mine last summer and I saw a dude with a Deathwing shirt.

Shouted at him as I passed "Horde?"

He responded "Loktar Ogar".

The face I made was the most aweface one could imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Hahaha that made me laugh
    Me too!
    Also D'awwwwwww your new avatar is as cute as a button I didn't think it could get any cuter

OP that was an awesome story I'm Alliance through and through, but I appreciate the sentiment, It would be awesome to have someone shout For the Alliance! Sadly FOR THE HORDE just sounds better hehe, (plus the Horde logo looks waaaay cooler )

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Someone picked up a Garrosh shirt for me frome a Rue 21.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Me too!
    Also D'awwwwwww your new avatar is as cute as a button I didn't think it could get any cuter

OP that was an awesome story I'm Alliance through and through, but I appreciate the sentiment, It would be awesome to have someone shout For the Alliance! Sadly FOR THE HORDE just sounds better hehe, (plus the Horde logo looks waaaay cooler )
    You could always shout "NOT IN THE FACE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an embarrassingly large amount of Blizzard-relatd tee shirts considering my age, but I don't have any cool stories

I do get asked pretty regularly if I work for Blizzard whenever I wear the Blizzcon shirts. And once I did have a waiter sit down at my table for half the meal to talk about Blizzard games (he was big into the RTS ones). That was kinda fun.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Epic Win! XD

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Great story! Made my day

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you responded with Lok'tar Ogar !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Horde indeed.

Now I want a polo shirt with the Horde logo instead of the stupid horse...
    And for the stores to sell the Knights of the Ebon Blade shirt in size Fatass...

Fraction "pride" in real life is embarrassing. Like, worse than weaboos saying "Oh em gee, that is so kawaii sugoi desu!" The first time wow was brought up with a stranger, he folded his arms with a smug face and kept asking what's it like playing with kiddies (alliance). Yeah, major awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Fraction "pride" in real life is embarrassing. Like, worse than weaboos saying "Oh em gee, that is so kawaii sugoi desu!" The first time wow was brought up with a stranger, he folded his arms with a smug face and kept asking what's it like playing with kiddies (alliance). Yeah, major awkward.
    Acceptable in Blizzcon and other nerdcons.

Cringe-worthy everywhere else.

Bah, faction pride irl is all in good fun! I live in a town FULL of Alliance players and we have fun teasing each other, but it's not vindictive or anything. It's different if someone is being genuinely serious/a jerk about it but generally it's harmless fun.

To quote Simon Pegg, "Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Get a bean-bag gun and wear and alliance shirt. Whenever any one yells "for the Horde!" shoot them in stomach with beanbag gun and yell "Icelance!"