Poll: How many hours?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's the longest you've ever slept?

Hello, my personal record is about 15 hours after being awake for 25 hours gaming (I don't like being awake for long so please no "lol only 25 hours?").

So what's yours? And after doing what?

12 hours, I think. After being awake for around 40 hours. I just can't sleep for long periods of time. Some people say they have slept for entire days (As in, 24+ hours). I can't imagine doing that. I feel weird enough the few times where I've woken up as late as 2-3 pm.

I slept for about 20 hours one time with the flu. I don't remember if I got up to piss or not during that time.

18 hours after being ill and not sleeping for 5 days.

I once had a busy week that involved pretty much no time to sleep at uni (project due, tests, interview, exhibition, more interview, presentation, peer review). Afterwards, I almost slept for 27 hours straight. Woke up once or twice half way through and then immediately fell back to sleep though.

10+ Year Old Account
    18 hours is my record. after going 24 hours without sleep.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-17 at 04:40 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    24 hours, and I normally sleep like 4-5 hours a night.

10+ Year Old Account
    16hours, 5 days last week. Didn't feel like doing anything so I slept the days away.

Deleted
    If I sleep 12hours or so my head will hurt for hours after waking up.
    I just wakeup after 6-9hour dunno why, its allways been that way :P.

I like another poster just can't sleep that long (at least yet). Maximum I've slept is about 13 hours. I used to regularly do 30 hour staying up chains through most of my school and college life but now I've evened out to a much healthier sleeping pattern.

I slept 16 hours after drinking too much at a new years party

10+ Year Old Account
    I once slept 20 hours when I had a really bad fever. I was sweating out most of my liquids so I don't think I even got up to use the restroom. If I did I was too sick for it to register.

around 30 hours (98 to me). Got sick with what felt like the flu a few years ago (not sure what it actually was, never went to the doctor).

Went to sleep at 3pm Thursday and woke up around 5pm the next monday. Wife says I was up 3 times in that period for 10-15 minutes each time but I don't remember it. It's a great weight loss system though, dropped 14 pounds in those 4 days.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I work nights and often sleep 12-15 hours between shifts. 3am-6pm is a common sleep pattern for me

10+ Year Old Account
    About a week or so before I decided to go cold turkey off of painkillers I slept for 33 hours and then 27 hours shortly after. I was prescribed 60mg Oxycontin and 20mg Oxycodone after breaking my back and I didn't do proper research into how addictive they are and the side effects. One of the worst for me wad memory loss, which still affects me today, I forgot I had already taken my meds and apparently took 2-3 days worth at one time. I slept for 33 hours, woke up for like 2 hours and went back to sleep for 27 hours. Moral of the story is don't assume you are smarter than the meds or the doctors who prescribe them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    26-30.
    However I do suffer from terrible insomnia at times. After a particularly nasty period of it I crashed out and slept for a solid 20+ hours, waking (more like sleep walking, I apparently walked into the door of the bathroom then decieded it would be better to open it) long enough to get a drink, empty bladder and crash again for another 8 or so hours.

More than 24 hours. I couldn't get any sleep for 3-4 days straight yet I went to work everyday. Fell in sleep on my couch within a few minutes after I got home from work on a friday. The next thing I know it was almost sunday midnight, one day just disappeared.

After my 2nd semester (about 5 years ago) i had been up for 2 weeks sleeping barely 4-5 hours a night working on my projects. After a trip back to my home town and 2 nights of being out with friends and at proms i got home exhausted. I fell asleep at 5 pm and woke up the next day at around 3 pm. 22 hours might sound like a lot, but i often sleep 12 - 14 hours during the weekend. Last Saturday i fell asleep at 8:30 pm and woke up at 12 am the next day xD

I once had an almost 40 hour no-sleep run with a college project, went to uni to present it to the professor, passed, went back home, slept for about 17 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    16 hours, I think. I believe I had been awake at times in that period, but I wasn't coherent. It probably had something to do with chugging half a Fireball in 20 seconds though.