Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Your really have to take it as red that rommath is hiding in the middle of the city

Now obviously cause of the way dalaran is designed he does stick out like a sore thumb but story wise he is keeping his head down in the middle of the city and what with all the commotion jaina didnt see him

Also has any one attacked landolock during the dalaran fight i did and he attacked me with all his dailie bosses which i thought was amusing

Also regarding why the eagles couldnt take the ring to mordor wouldnt the nazgul who ride felbeasts seen them and attacked them before they got anywhere near Mount Doom it wouldnt have been worth the risk

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    You're thinking of an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCENARIO

Thalen songweaver isn't present in the one where the sunreavers are pushed out of Dalaran, you're thinking of rescuing him from Theramoore, which took place before Cataclysm.
    No, I was talking about the THERAMORE scenario. Learn to comprehend what I wrote before you call me out on it. And rescuing him took place before MoP, not Cataclysm. Once again, check your timeline before calling me out on mine...
    As for Dalaran, Rommath and company are coming into Dalaran AFTER the Alliance scenario took place as well. So while Jaina may be patrolling around she's not central to the rescue mission in any capacity as she merely inconveniences you with a portal to violet hold which does nothing but throw off your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No, I was talking about the THERAMORE scenario. Learn to comprehend what I wrote before you call me out on it. And rescuing him took place before MoP, not Cataclysm. Once again, check your timeline before calling me out on mine...
    As for Dalaran, Rommath and company are coming into Dalaran AFTER the Alliance scenario took place as well. So while Jaina may be patrolling around she's not central to the rescue mission in any capacity as she merely inconveniences you with a portal to violet hold which does nothing but throw off your progress.
    Why are you talking about the Theramoore scenario in a Dalaran thread?

Your -very- first post is that the timelines don't coincide with no one in the thread mentioning thalen or theramoore prior to you.

EDIT:

And timeline differences -still- wouldn't explain why Rommath and she wouldn't attack each other, it is, as you noted in the post above this, game mechanics.
    Twas brillig

Why are you talking about the Theramoore scenario in a Dalaran thread?
    Was giving another example of two scenarios/quests centered around an event but taking place at different points in the timeline...

Your -very- first post is that the timelines don't coincide with no one in the thread mentioning thalen or theramoore prior to you.
    They were trying to figure out why the two didn't fight and it's because they "didn't see each other" as a result of the distinct quests being in different parts of the timeline.

Was giving another example of two scenarios/quests centered around an event but taking place at different points in the timeline...

They were trying to figure out why the two didn't fight and it's because they "didn't see each other" as a result of the distinct quests being in different parts of the timeline.
    Alright now I see what you were trying to get at, my apologies then.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Rommath > Jaina.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Rommath > Jaina.
    I'm pretty sure Rommath would disagree with you.

If he thought he could take her, he might well have tried.

That he didn't is pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post

Remember jaina and her silver convenant allies outnumber the sunreavers plus she had an entire garrison of alliance troops inside dalaran if rommath had tried to fight jaina he wouldve been overwhelmed

Im not sure how powerful rommath is lorewise if he could take on jaina one on one but it wouldve been intresting to see

Though it's noncanon the RPG had a note on the difference between elf and human mages.

Human mages were supposed to be 'clumsy yet powerful' with magic. Incinerating a hillside of gnolls might be easy for them, but lighting a candle without burning the rest of the candle and the table it's on to dust would've been hard.

Elves were the opposite. Precision over power.

Rommath's apparently pretty old and been in bad spirits since Kael died, so he likely can't take Jaina head on. She's young, she's pissed, and she's powerful.

He could probably design a spell or orchestrate a favorable scenario that would even the odds or even tip them if he had time to study/prepare for a confrontation with her but it's unlikely that'll be the case anytime soon.

I do wish they'd stop having caster NPCs melee things though, we see so many NPC enemies with AWESOME spells and it'd be nice to see faction aligned ones do so aswell.
    Twas brillig

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The timelines do not coincide. Just like the Horde Theramore scenario takes place before the mana bomb, the Alliance one takes place afterwards.
    Actually, the Alliance one takes place before the Horde one. Part of the Horde questline is to free the dragonhawks that the Alliance puts to sleep / kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rommath was on a covert rescue mission; Jaina didn't know he was there probably until he broke Aethas out. It's possible that Jaina and the SC knew that there was a Sunreaver resistance on Runeweaver square, but since they where holed up, they where left until last and Jaina cleaned up the rest of the city first. Had she known Rommath was there, she'd put all of her efforts in capturing him as well, possibly.

Deleted

to be honest, ive not even done the quest, im not even sure who rommath is. i think hes one of the 3 who stand in silvermoon, possibly the leader.

i just don't like Jaina, liked her in WC3, started to annoy me in WoW though.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Rommath > Jaina.
    as much as i dislike jaina i know that shes pretty powerful. now someone like velen or azshara would probably be able to beat her.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as much as i dislike jaina i know that shes pretty powerful. now someone like velen or azshara would probably be able to beat her.
    Velen doesn't have true feats and Azshara would demolish Jaina.

Also note that Jaina has the Focusing Iris, no idea if she's using it to amplify her power though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

not sure about Velen, but Azshara definitely would, shes like one of the most powerful beings on azeroth i tihnk.

10+ Year Old Account

Yea, Rommath didn't want to attack Jaina in HER CITY with an army of mages at her disposal along with an army of non-mages. I wonder why. It has nothing to do with if he could beat her 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Why didnt Frodo take the eagles to fly to mordor?
    Because of the eye of sauron... durrr.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Though it's noncanon the RPG had a note on the difference between elf and human mages.

Human mages were supposed to be 'clumsy yet powerful' with magic. Incinerating a hillside of gnolls might be easy for them, but lighting a candle without burning the rest of the candle and the table it's on to dust would've been hard.

Elves were the opposite. Precision over power.

Rommath's apparently pretty old and been in bad spirits since Kael died, so he likely can't take Jaina head on. She's young, she's pissed, and she's powerful.

He could probably design a spell or orchestrate a favorable scenario that would even the odds or even tip them if he had time to study/prepare for a confrontation with her but it's unlikely that'll be the case anytime soon.

I do wish they'd stop having caster NPCs melee things though, we see so many NPC enemies with AWESOME spells and it'd be nice to see faction aligned ones do so aswell.
    I like how in the 5.1 quest where Aethas and Rommath fight, Aethas sits there smacking Rommath with his staff.

Archmage Aethas Sunreaver if fighting Grand Magister Rommath...with his staff...da fuq? At least Rommath chain casts fireballs
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Do remember a particular time when she held back the lich king for a duration of time, to allow us (players) to flee. I'm sure she could tear any of us a new arsehole if she wanted to.
    lore-wise Jaina (or Sylvanas) only held him off for a few seconds (enough for us heroes and her to get some distance) and that was only with the element of surprise, being able to choose when to start the fight is merely a game mechanic

edit: also i dont think Jaina knew Rommath was even in Dalaran, as he was trying pretty hard to sneak the Sunreavers out of Dalaran
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-02-07 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    She was casting fireballs and letting her water elementals loose on citizens... >.<

silvermoon is at war with her that's the story of 5.2 :P
    Actually it isn't because Taran Zhu gets in the way and makes them stop fighting.