Deleted

Losing quality after rendering videos in Sony Vegas

Hey,

Having abit of a problem with my Sony Vegas, where after rendering a video I lose alot of quality in it.

I'm using MSI Afterburner to record at 1080p with 100% quality, recording at 30fps. When I view the video before rendering everything is 100% perfect 1080 HD quality but after rending it looks like a 360/480p video.

I previously used FRAPS to record but the file sizes and amount resources it sucked up was too high.

You can see a test video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B4Lj...ature=youtu.be

Any help would be much appreciated.

Screenshot your project and render settings for video, you're probably doing something wrong there.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The video looks fine to me, perhaps a bit dark.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

It's slightly out of focus and pixellated... Probably messed up framerate conversion and too low bitrate.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Look at the YouTube recommendations for Audio and Video uploads (google it) for the optimal settings.

I can say off the top of my head, you want to aim for an MP4 container. Audio - AAC/384kbps (or 512 for "archive" quality). Video - H.264. Minimum 8000kbps, although I find around 12000kbps VBR is best for WoW type RAID videos if you want a really nice crisp artifact-free image without too much overhead (assuming 1080p).

I've never used Vegas but I'm sure it's easy to create an encoding profile based upon these settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason that fraps records such large files, it is the data in its raw form for editing. That test video didn't appear too bad but I currently only have access to a laptop with a 720p screen, however from what I can see if you want to get better quality your best bet is to fraps and then edit from there. Having had a second look it is a bit darker than it should be. Also try the above suggested settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Screenshot your project and render settings for video, you're probably doing something wrong there.
    Project settings:

Render settings:

These are my MSI Afterburner settings for recording.

I know FRAPS file sizes are meant to be large but MSI gives me a better quality raw file with alot less space taken. It's only once rendered the video loses quality, the RAW file looks flawless but I don't think I can you it on youtube.

I'm trying to upload the raw file to youtube at the moment but it's going to take ~20mins.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2013-02-07 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Start off by setting your project to 30 FPS. You're capturing footage at 30FPS in Afterburner, setting it to 60 in vegas won't bring back these frames for you, and youtube only supports 30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Start off by setting your project to 30 FPS. You're capturing footage at 30FPS in Afterburner, setting it to 60 in vegas won't bring back these frames for you, and youtube only supports 30.
    That makes no difference to the quality outcome after render for the video but yes, it was a mistake.

Just wait until you upload to youtube!

http://i.imgur.com/zmborm5.jpg

Left side is on my PC - Right side is on youtube. (Both after-rendering).

That is at 60fps but meh, only vid I can compare atm, nor have I actually recorded any WoW stuff for a little while...

I used http://i.imgur.com/xhoQXeZ.png for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7B-jojdQuo and I think it came out well, considering it's a 60fps recording and render.

I'll need to actually try it with WoW.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Mines losing the quality after rendering, the youtube clip I linked looks pretty much the same as the rendered version. Whereas the RAW footage is perfect.
    So I'm losing all my quality with my render settings somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Mines losing the quality after rendering, the youtube clip I linked looks pretty much the same as the rendered version. Whereas the RAW footage is perfect.
    So I'm losing all my quality with my render settings somehow.
    Yeah, try these settings out: http://i.imgur.com/xhoQXeZ.png (30fps for WoW).

If it still looks shit, change it to 50,000,000 bitrate - it'll be a massive file but "Enterprise" quality. It'll definitely look shit hot but obviously the file size will be massive. - That way we know that it's a balance between bitrate and size rather than the rest of the settings, and it clears vegas of being totally useless.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-02-07 at 11:00 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Yeah, try these settings out: http://i.imgur.com/xhoQXeZ.png (30fps for WoW).
    Almost but not quite.

Change framerate to 30.000 and then in the bitrate section put maximum into 20M and average 10M. If both are the same it means it will be essentially the same as 15M constant quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    If it still looks shit, change it to 50,000,000 bitrate - it'll be a massive file but "Enterprise" quality.
    No, it will be ridiculous quality. Commercially released BluRay movies are 25M average 50M maximum.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hey,

I tried with the settings above but now I get an error when I click render.
    I'm trying these settings;

and get this error.

Pirated versions of Sony Vegas are notorious for throwing mysterious errors and bugs... You 100% sure that's not the problem here?

Also Vegas10 has bad AVC codec, using external x264 gives better results.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Pirated versions of Sony Vegas are notorious for throwing mysterious errors and bugs... You 100% sure that's not the problem here?

Also Vegas10 has bad AVC codec, using external x264 gives better results.
    It's not a pirated copy.

The only other option besides AVC I have is Memory stick.

Ok after messing with the settings abit more, I can get this to work (below) but it doesn't really make the video look any better?

Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2013-02-11 at 10:36 PM.

I have the same problem man, before i edit on Sony vegas i have full quality, after i render the video it loose many quality... I tried some configurations and dont work, even 1080p ... dont work, someone help?