HC Protectors 25

Hello, our guild started a few attempts on this fight last night which left me with a few questions for players that have experienced it!

We are lacking a hunter and were curious on how slows were handled with the adds? Our shamans were saying earthbind was popping up immune. Is it better to assign a single person in each soaking group? Or is there one spec that can slow the adds the entire fight? Glyphed CoEX seemed to not provide enough support in the later phases.

How many is enough for interrupts before Kaolon is dead? I believe 3 were used in rotation, but bolts did get off at times.

Healing wise our dps was a bit lower than I'd prefer (stack wise going 3 3 3 6 6 6 8 8 8 g4-3 g5-3 9 9 9 g4- 9 g5- 9) Any other suggestions? I thought about prioritizing groups 1 and 2 to hit higher stacks earlier, but wasn't certain on the overall impact.

Bloodlust: Best time to consider using it? I initially assumed in p3, but was curious on thoughts about using it from the p1 execute to p2. Our biggest issues seemed to come around that time and we were up there in stacks. Would asani's bubble buff aid in an earlier lust?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

For stacks, we have our strongest ranged dps in group 3, next strongest in group 4, then rest in group 2.

The way we stack is as follows;
    group 3 - 5
    group 4 - 6
    group 3 reset
    group 2 - 4
    group 3/4 - reset (A lightning storm will happen around this transition)
    group 2 - 8
    At this point, every group should have 8 stacks. Everyone in group 1 and 5 stands closer to where the adds spawn from, and people from 2/3/4 can move over to reset to 9 as needed.

Also, Soulburned CoEX has no Cooldown. Seeing as how warlocks pretty much have infinite soul shards on this boss, shouldn't be a problem.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    For stacks, we have our strongest ranged dps in group 3, next strongest in group 4, then rest in group 2.

The way we stack is as follows;
    group 3 - 5
    group 4 - 6
    group 3 reset
    group 2 - 4
    group 3/4 - reset (A lightning storm will happen around this transition)
    group 2 - 8
    At this point, every group should have 8 stacks. Everyone in group 1 and 5 stands closer to where the adds spawn from, and people from 2/3/4 can move over to reset to 9 as needed.

Also, Soulburned CoEX has no Cooldown. Seeing as how warlocks pretty much have infinite soul shards on this boss, shouldn't be a problem.
    Ah, so unglyphed will be sufficient, good to know. Just wanted to clarify on your order. By reset, you mean go to 8? As in, after g4 goes to 6 initially, g3 goes back in to 8 before g2 goes to 4?

Sorry for the late response. By reset, I just mean take 1 stack to keep the buff going.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Can help sometimes with Healer's Group.

How our guild deals with it is :

Gr1 : They are on killing add duty all fight / slow the adds as we have 2 hunters and 2 locks
    Gr2 : They dot up the adds if they can / maximizes their dps.
    Gr3 : Melee interupting water bolts (3 people in a rotation + a shammy as backup)
    Gr4 : Melee interupting lightning bolt (3 people in a rotation + backup)
    Gr5 : Healers

Then this is how we soak:
    Group 1 takes 5 adds, Group 2 takes 2, Group 3 takes 2, Group 4 takes 2, Group 1 takes 1, Group 2 takes 2, Group 3 takes 2...
    How is looks :
    11111 22 33 44 1 22 33 44 1 22 33 44 1 22 33 44 1 2 3 4 555555555 BBBB Wipe. Of course in real it's never as easy as that, and often healers soak a lot earlier as people have taken the wrong stacks etc, but that's how it should go. And I would advise you to have a person shouting out on Vocal

Deleted
    killed this 2 weeks ago (so I'd assume relatively similar in skill / gear compared to cutting edge)

we had ranged in group1 with strong single target damage + locks + a hunter for traps. which for us was; 2xlock, arcane mage, hunter, ele shaman
    we had dot classes in group2 which for us was; 2x spriest, 2x moonkin, a hunter
    we had melee dps in groups 3+4 with the tank in group3 (and I think a left over ele shaman :P)
    healers in group5 - 5 healed.

Idea was stack group1 high at the start and have them full time on adds the entire fight, all other DPS would focus bosses even when they were soaking stacks. Group2 assisted on add with dots.

the stacking order was;
    22 33 44
    1 22 33 44
    1 22 33 44
    1 22 33 44
    bossx4 if needed.

screwups happen and I don't think we ever actually got all the healers on 9 as they'd be the ones chosen to soak stacks if people died - I think at most group5 would take about 5 stacks at the end before the boss died. Boss never ended up soaking any on purpose because it died before that point.

I'd recommend having one person that can see the debuff stacks on their raid frames be assigned to fixing mistakes.

Other stuff; 2 warlocks can alternate curse of exhaustion on the adds, arcane mages slow it also I believe. Earthbind works afaik - were your shamans speccing earthgrab? the immune would be for the root.

fairly sure we used 3 interrupters on each boss + backups which were called for. I could be very wrong though. Interupts on waterbolts is something that held us back from a kill for a while but I have no clue how we fixed it.

Group 1,2,3 consist of strongest dpsers + tank (we solo tank)
    Group 3 is add killing group consistent of sps and warlocks/hunters
    Group 4 consist of the worst dps we got (offspecs and just generally bad dps people)
    Group 5 is healers (we run 5 healers)

G1 (3) G2 (3) G3 (3)
    G1 (6) G2 (6) G3 (6)
    G1 (8) G2 (8) G3 (8) G4 (3)
    G1 (9) G2 (9) G3 (9) G4 (9) G5 (9)

Generally with this way of stacking you'll kill regail when or slightly before Group 4 goes from 4 stacks to 9. So healers just can do maximum healing and not bother about positioning and once all groups starts getting maxed stacks healers move over to intercept and the chaining of cds starts shortly afterwards. At around 25-30% of the boss health we stop killing adds and make sure corrupted waters dies instantly while interrupting waters. It's a kill from there. And what others have hinted it is extremely important that corrupted waters dies asap and that no water bolts go through in last push especially if you run 5 healers
    Last edited by Postaldude; 2013-02-07 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    glyphed and soulburned are 2 diff things, soulburned uses a soulshard and makes it an aoe slow, glyphed gives it a 10 sec cd but makes it a 70% slow (imp over 50% non glyphed). ive noticed the same problem that in the later stages of the fights the adds are coming fasted then my cd is up, and we have 4 melee in the interupt order (1 is backup) yet they cant seem to get down the interupting. Some attempts go ok, but other attempts our healers are oom when kaolan dies cause of all the missed interupts.

to answer the op about unglyphed slow, if you use the setup where you have to add killing group build to high stacks early it could work as long as they get some help on killing the first few adds. The only attempts i tried with exo unglyphed we didnt ask for help on the first few adds and they got through.wiped early.
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-02-07 at 05:36 PM.