Deleted

sha weapons hm..

si this is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Aqira/simple

my question is the following. I had the luck to get the staff and sword(both sha weapons) from normal today. i wonder tho wich one is the better and if they are hughe dps increase between them. couse i pref staffs but dont wanna gimp my self super much. also if the info helps am going back to destruction as main spec.

thx in advance

You are human so sword = 1% more hit from racial

Deleted
    does that weight over the staff by much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    does that weight over the staff by much?
    My experience has been that main hand +offhand is always better then a single staff. I think in your case you will have more spellpower with the main hand combo then with the staff.

Best thing you can do is just to compare the stats gain of both weapons (don't forget to enchant the offhand).

10+ Year Old Account
    An argument I have heard made, that makes sense, is that it's more expensive in Valor to upgrade MH+OH then Staff. Upgrading your off hand is a pretty big waste of Valor, but your weapon just isn't as good compared to an upgraded staff if you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded staff and sword would end up with 1339 int (including enchant) vs 1317 int, in favor of the sword. Secondary stats would be -431 crit, -550 haste, +406 hit, +406 mastery, if you'd go for the sword. Of course reforgable.

I don't know how close crit haste hit and mastery are for both affliction and destruction (your 2 specs), but losing out on 169 secondary stats to get a win of 22 int, seems a bit too steep. Of course, if crit and haste are so bad for you and hit and mastery damn awesome, it might be worth considering, but otherwise, I'd say nope.

Basically, I recommend you to use the staff until you get a better off-hand. 484 is still 14 itemlevels below a stack 496 off-hand, but it might be worth saving VP to upgrade the sword after the staff. I see you have Blade Lord on farm, meaning that it's just pure RNG whether you'll get the Censer dropping or not, and if you have as much luck as me, just hold on tight to that staff and get it upgraded. The fact that you already had the off-hand upgraded is in favor of the sword combo of course, but already included in my calculations, and I would recommend to not upgrade off-hands in the future, the statgain from upgrading basically any other item tends to be bigger.

PS: I forgot the 1 spellpower, but that can be ignored :')

edit: I didn't factor in the 1% human hit, if this would push the secondary stats loss down far enough it might be worth going with the sword.
    Last edited by Szemere; 2013-02-07 at 01:39 AM.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Upgraded staff and sword would end up with 1339 int (including enchant) vs 1317 int, in favor of the sword. Secondary stats would be -431 crit, -550 haste, +406 hit, +406 mastery, if you'd go for the sword. Of course reforgable.

I don't know how close crit haste hit and mastery are for both affliction and destruction (your 2 specs), but losing out on 169 secondary stats to get a win of 22 int, seems a bit too steep. Of course, if crit and haste are so bad for you and hit and mastery damn awesome, it might be worth considering, but otherwise, I'd say nope.

Basically, I recommend you to use the staff until you get a better off-hand. 484 is still 14 itemlevels below a stack 496 off-hand, but it might be worth saving VP to upgrade the sword after the staff. I see you have Blade Lord on farm, meaning that it's just pure RNG whether you'll get the Censer dropping or not, and if you have as much luck as me, just hold on tight to that staff and get it upgraded. The fact that you already had the off-hand upgraded is in favor of the sword combo of course, but already included in my calculations, and I would recommend to not upgrade off-hands in the future, the statgain from upgrading basically any other item tends to be bigger.

PS: I forgot the 1 spellpower, but that can be ignored :')

edit: I didn't factor in the 1% human hit, if this would push the secondary stats loss down far enough it might be worth going with the sword.
    You're right. The staff is actually our BiS with the new VP system. You should be considering to upgrade your OH nearly last, behind the neck and spirit ring. Stick with the staff (if you are non human) and be charged for one piece of loot instead of two if you use any kind of loot system. And put 2/2 VP into something worth while.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yup, Sword has a free 340 Hit on it, giving you a net gain of 22 Int and 171 secondary stats.

Deleted
    should have mentioned. am prob going worgen soon due to 1% crit but staff it is! thanks all for your time^^