Questions about Nature's Vigil

As used by a resto druid.

1. Is the damage done centered on the casting druid or is it centered on the person receiving the heal?

2. What is the range on the damage done?

I'm asking because of Windlord, a fight where this talent would seem incredible, but alas, seems to break CC. Is our resto better off not using this talent or is there a safe way to use it on that fight?

Deleted
    I'd definitely run with Heart of the Wild as a resto druid on Windlord, wether it's heroic or normal. On normal it can deal insane amounts of AoE at the start and on heroic it can deal crazy damage on the boss during the debuff.

To answer your questions though, it's centered around the person recieving the heal. As for the 2nd question, I'd guess it's 30 or 40 yards.

Deleted
    This is a HoTW fight in both normal and hc for the insane damage a healing druid can put out as Duckgirl so accurately described.

Deleted
    If it's about damage - HotW does more damage than NV

if it's about healing:
    on normal, healing isnt (shouldnt) be a concern until P2, where breaking CC isnt a problem because there is none.
    on heroic, recklessness+rain of blades can be a killer, so I can buy that. But then again, any Ele shaman (guidance), Spriest (Vamp Embrace), Disc Priest (atonement), MW monk (eminence?), Prot paladin (battle healer) or anything with a damage->hp ability will be able to heal the raid/themself to full easily. Smite priest during recklessness makes it a joke, so you should just pop HoTW and dps for the whole duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    I'd definitely run with Heart of the Wild as a resto druid on Windlord, wether it's heroic or normal. On normal it can deal insane amounts of AoE at the start and on heroic it can deal crazy damage on the boss during the debuff.

To answer your questions though, it's centered around the person recieving the heal. As for the 2nd question, I'd guess it's 30 or 40 yards.
    It is indeed a 40 yard range so your guess was spot on :-D. Though it doesn't matter too much as others have said, this really is a hotw fight, unless you reeeealy need that extra CD in phase 2 normal, which would mean no adds anyway .

Edit - In response to the "safe" way to use it part of the OP, the answer is simply don't use it in phase 1 :P. (Especially since there really shouldn't be a need to do so)
    Last edited by mmoc539678ac5f; 2013-02-07 at 02:42 PM.