Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yup, TOTALLY neglected PvP, that's why rangers were "nerfed" (fixed IMO), dagger ele was nerfed, and you got a new PvP map, some new skins, and no more bared entry into PvP, allowing for matchmaking to be more effective and open the door for more noobs.

Totally no PvP stuff anywhere in there *rolls eyes* personally I'm quite pleased with the patch, well I will be once I get to see how the new dailys and AC boss mechanics are and how the event progress is...
    PvP people are getting annoyed (those that are left), because the game was promoted as an e-sport, but released with barely any features or content (for instance warhammer had 30 maps on release), Anet have been exceedingly slow at addressing that, so a new (badly balanced) map, matchmaking that was already in the game, the removal of tickets and a failure of a balance patch, with the usual laughable level of competence (yes more bugged skills have been introduced), is not very impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "Hey guys, January and February are going to be our biggest patches ever! Like, an expansion's worth of content!"

"Oh, but don't get your hopes up for January, it'll be a small patch. We're moving some of that back to February and March instead!"

So, a guild quest feature, and "choose your own adventure-daily-thinger" is an expansion's worth of content? Or is that the part that's coming in March? Or April, maybe? Come on, help me out here.

Old news, Kelesti. They said back in January that it would be rolled out over the first half of this year.

I play the game quite a bit and honestly, I'm overwhelmed with all the content.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Old news, Kelesti. They said back in January that it would be rolled out over the first half of this year.

They said that Jan/Feb would be an expansions worth of content for free. They later said that it would be Feb/Mar with march being their WvW updates and a very small update in jan. If I am wrong and they did say that their expansion worth of content they were so proud of is being delayed for up to 3 more months, then I would love your source.

Deleted

Thats because you're a delusional fanboy. Sorry, but that is just how it is. In every thread someone has the audacity to slander GW2 you're there to defend it to the hilt even when you're flat out wrong.

This is a pathetic excuse for a patch. Everyone with a lick of sense knows it.

< Mod Edit: Do not insult or demean other users on the forums. >
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-27 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    They said that Jan/Feb would be an expansions worth of content for free. They later said that it would be Feb/Mar with march being their WvW updates and a very small update in jan. If I am wrong and they did say that their expansion worth of content they were so proud of is being delayed for up to 3 more months, then I would love your source.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinJohanson
    Hey guys,

Just to help provide some clarity on this, we'll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you'll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.

To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we've already built, and strengthening the core game we've provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we're talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you'd only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.

More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-sources/first
    Valar morghulis

"Our larger Feb/March releases".

Period. The "and beyond" is simply stating, like all MMOs, the game will continue to evolve in the future. But there is nowhere in that that says that their big "expansion worth of content" that was promised for Jan/Feb (later Feb/March) is now spread out over the first half of 2013, only that they have more plans to come. Sorry, Karizee, but I would expect a little better spin from a forum plant.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "Hey guys, January and February are going to be our biggest patches ever! Like, an expansion's worth of content!"

"Oh, but don't get your hopes up for January, it'll be a small patch. We're moving some of that back to February and March instead!"

So, a guild quest feature, and "choose your own adventure-daily-thinger" is an expansion's worth of content? Or is that the part that's coming in March? Or April, maybe? Come on, help me out here.
    Compared to blizz Anet is releasing an expansions worth of content these past few months. New PvP maps. New features which always come with expansions and not regular patches. The Guild Missions are a big activity. Theres alot of time to be sunk in there if you want to do them, and they are not done yet.

Even tho they said an expansions worth its all about how its delivered. If they deliver it over a 4 or 5 month period it just seems like regular patches, vs delivering it all at once where it seems like an expansion. The former makes it seem like regular patches but again those usually from what im used to with blizz dont add new features every patch and dont add new battle grounds for pvp. Blizz usually adds a zone with quests and daily quests, a raid, a few dungeons (which they arent this patch), Some senarios to expand the story (new this expansion, sorta replacing dungeon adding each patch) lots of new loot, and thats it.

Anet has been adding New pvp maps, Revamping their PvP structure, Adding new events, adding Guild missions of which there are a variety to choose from once unlocked, revamping older dungeons, Revamping dailys so that they get players out in the world, revamping event scaling, adding a slowly progressing storyline.

So for me the big things are guild missions, new pvp map, revamped dailies and rewards, and this story. Although im not into the story now because its pretty dull, i do want to see what it ends up being. Now im a busy person so i cant play this game like i want to but if i could Guild Missions would be a big part of what i would be doing from now on. I would be trying to organize and pull these off since it would feel like raiding again and i loved being a raid leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought they were going to release an expansions worth in just the first couple months. An expansions worth in the next 3 months is still great though. I will be looking forward to much more content in the next couple months, maybe it will pull me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Compared to blizz Anet is releasing an expansions worth of content these past few months. .
    5.1 which was released around the first of december offered more than what we received in GW2 for Jan/Feb. 5.2 which will be released Mar 5th also offers more than what we received in Jan/Feb.
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2013-02-27 at 04:10 AM.

Delivering an "expansion" worth of content over 4-6 months seems like not too big a deal. Certainly not enough to put out press releases or make big statements over.

If you are playing an MMO that isn't giving you an "expansion" worth of content over 4-6 months then you as a player, consumer and enthusiast of the medium have chosen poorly.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-27 at 04:13 AM.

I see this thread is heading into a wonderful direction

anyway, the choice of dailies is nice, I'm hoping they put choices in for the monthly as well

anyone try any guild missions? my guild of one doesn't quite measure up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I see this thread is heading into a wonderful direction

anyway, the choice of dailies is nice, I'm hoping they put choices in for the monthly as well

anyone try any guild missions? my guild of one doesn't quite measure up

I pretty much only log in to do dailies anymore, so I really like the choices. I am also in the same boat when it comes to guilds, I'm the only one in my guild. I had a couple friends and some family, but they don't play any longer. I've had extreme difficulties finding a mature guild that doesn't constantly talk about sex/anal(skill)/act like children.

I'm a bit confused, what is an expansions worth of content? Is there like some list that I should know about. Something that states that these are the minimum requirements you have to meet for content to no longer be a patch but an expansion?

I'm not trying to be smart, but with all the disappointment I figured that Arena.net was missing some bar for an expansions worth of content. Is it something like, this is what all the other MMOs have done but Arena.net is just doing it wrong or not enough.

It's really best to just ignore dev speak and then look at what the patchs' have to offer. That way you won't have any disappointment in that regard. Otherwise you'll end up like some posters on this board who will always be hung up on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did a guild mission today but only killed one of the bosses before the timer ran out, couldn't find the other one (the tip feature on the missions tab was borked).

Only those of us that participated in the kill got the rewards, I got 2 of the Guild Commendations and 2 rares.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Oh...my....god.... I may need to make a charr and make him purple.... Please someone confirm this!! I think I know what to finally settle on as my Mesmer xD
    Someone said it only applies to the mane color. I wanted to see a Thistle furred Charr named Pink Panther.

Only those of us that participated in the kill got the rewards, I got 2 of the Guild Commendations and 2 rares.
    I don't suppose you found out what non-guildies who participated got (if there were any)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Someone said it only applies to the mane color. I wanted to see a Thistle furred Charr named Pink Panther.

I don't suppose you found out what non-guildies who participated got (if there were any)?
    i've heard they just get normal event rewards karma, money and exp

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

If you are playing an MMO that isn't giving you an "expansion" worth of content over 4-6 months then you as a player, consumer and enthusiast of the medium have chosen poorly.
    Guess around 9m people chose poorly back in the days, waiting around 10 months for content?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Guess around 9m people chose poorly back in the days, waiting around 10 months for content?
    People still believe WarCraft is a good game? It's good at what it does, keeping people eager and desperate for more, but the game itself is exceptionally lacking and should not be a standard in any way shape or form.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Sorry Lane, there was so much going on and so many people in Mumble calling out things from the four corners of Tyria and I was laughing so hard I didn't think to ask the bystanders what they got.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    but ofc zeek goes to the defacto defense mode and attacks blizzard

Anet has been adding New pvp maps,
    Blizzard have a glut of maps already, why add more when you have 5 expansions worth.
    Revamping their PvP structure,
    Fixing stuff, so not relevant, if you're pvp structure needs restructuring thats generally not good. Or at least it proves that the release was inadequate.
    Adding new events, adding Guild missions of which there are a variety to choose from once unlocked,
    New events? So new quests and daileis, already done by blizzard
    revamping older dungeons,
    So fixing or rehashing cotnent is now a good thing...amazing when blizz does it its lazy development
    Revamping dailys so that they get players out in the world
    So fixing content again
    revamping event scaling
    So fixing something again...,
    adding a slowly progressing storyline.
    again done by blizzard in 5.1 and 5.2, and so far the story arc is so dull in GW2.

And thats it? Thats youre defense of the patches that you use to bash blizzard with? So except for guild quests, which are quite trivial really, I dont see them really expanding my gameplay, its fixes and revamping and offers nothing that isnt done on a grander scale than mmo's like rift and wow, its certainly not even close to a expansion worth and certainly not something you can use to bash blizzard with. Every patch 'I see I just roll my eyes and think how much I enjoy big content patches rather than these regular content patches.
    If you added all the patches Anet have done you couldnt count it as even half an expansion worth, nor is it even close to the 2 patches blizzard will have put out in a shorter time frame.
    Im enjoying GW2 at my own pace, but it still doesnt stop me from going all defensive when I see people try to bash wow with false logic and arguments. I understand that Zeeks very narrow view on the patches is just that, and that more has been put out by Anet, Im just attacking zeeks post not anet patches.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-27 at 08:11 AM.