The teaser is up.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...february-2013/

New Features:

New PvP map

Guild Missions

Two Team rated play in PvP
    Choose your own Daily Achievements
    Trading Post preview

I'm excited to see the Guild Missions and rated team pvp.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-02-27 at 05:22 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Guild Missions really has me intrigued as well. Finally something else to do with my guildies! Can't wait to see it

Another PvP map with a capture the flag type secondary.

I love it

interested to see what the guild missions will be, but looking at the size of my guild i dont think ill be doing much of them. Will be doing the Flame & Frost story stuff i guess. Also cool that they are springing another pvp map on us. Will definitely check that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it a few minutes ago, i hope the Flame & Frost story continuation is something far more substancial than in the last patch. Also curious to see how Guild Missions will work. Also kudos for choosing Daily criteria. PvP doesn't interest me but i guess a new map is always good for the people that do.

I wonder how exactly this "choosing your own achievement" thing will operate. Should help to break up monotony, though.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Pretty nice change with the "Choose you daily" thing. Just wish the world complete was not bound to PVP as well. Then I'd be able to fully enjoy the game as I see fit. But meh, no biggie I guess.

Guild Missions I expect to be like ZQs of GW1.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 01:05 AM.

"They’re sending their heroes to defend the land and its peoples. Someone must hold back the gathering storm."

Have they actually said what enemy yet?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    "They’re sending their heroes to defend the land and its peoples. Someone must hold back the gathering storm."

Have they actually said what enemy yet?
    I presume we will find out on patch day. Or at least get closer to finding out who by the events that take place.

All stuff seems pretty good and got me intrigued. I wanted more info on WvW since they promised something really about it, but it might be in March, Also one of the most important things is class balance/changes specially the "We want to make more builds viable" promise. Too bad they don't give details on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the suspicion two team rated pvp is going to be pretty awful, going to see some really overpowered comps in that, but the rest looks good, I do wonder whether im in the right guild to be able to do the missions at the moment, might have to look in to that.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I get the suspicion two team rated pvp is going to be pretty awful, going to see some really overpowered comps in that, but the rest looks good, I do wonder whether im in the right guild to be able to do the missions at the moment, might have to look in to that.
    Yeah I'm going to have to start looking for a guild as well. My guild of one probably won't cut it.

I don't like how they keep holding on to "domination"(conquest) with side stuff. Every high rated person I've talked to finds stuff like that shit/rng. On reddit people having started getting back into the GW1 nostalgia aswell and as far as I can tell those people never played top tier PvP yet they liked that system far more than what they're seeing in GW2.

For the dailies, I gues that's handy for boosting my alts a little extra (although not needed since you can do everything in queensdale if you want to).

Don't know about guild missions. My brother and I started an "elitist" cof guild where we invite only the best players we meet who then don't need to represent or anything. We simply set notes on what roles they can play (thief, mes, war, guard) and the same sort of guild but for FotM. If we'll have to actually get people to represent it'll force people to choose what guild they want to "boost" which will probably be bad for our guilds so we'll see about that one.

I have to wait until February 26th for daily choices? Ugh!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would take out the reset of Daily and Monthly Achievments if you haven't finished them yet. I'd rather take three days for one Daily if I haven't that much time to play then playing three days with no reward at all.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Something similar but better imo would be a cap of 30days in which you can complete the daily 30times
    so that if you want you can get 30 dailies done in one day instead of like now when you miss one you're always behind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Guild Missions I expect to be like ZQs of GW1.
    Could you possibly elaborate a tiny bit on what those are? I haven't played GW1 but am curious about the format of the upcoming guild missions in GW2. I would absolutely adore if they were something "raid-like" but I already know that'll most probably not happen. I really enjoy GW2 but damn I miss raiding (in my case, healing particularly)... :S

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Could you possibly elaborate a tiny bit on what those are? I haven't played GW1 but am curious about the format of the upcoming guild missions in GW2. I would absolutely adore if they were something "raid-like" but I already know that'll most probably not happen. I really enjoy GW2 but damn I miss raiding (in my case, healing particularly)... :S

Thanks in advance!
    Had to google that out of curiosity: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zaishen_Challenge_Quest

Never did them, because I was slowly crawling through the heavily gated PvE content during my few GW1 months.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Guild missions intrigues me, would have loved them when I still had a guild, definitely incentive for me to find another guild I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I can just write short on what ZQ's were in GW1 in case people are lazy and don't want to click and read the wiki:

ZQ stood for Zaishen Quest. There were 3 types of Zaishen Quests in GW1. One was Zaishen Bounty, one was Zaishen Mission and the last one was Zaishen Conquest.

Zaishen Bounty: Daily which had you go to a place/dungeon and kill a boss.
    Zaishen Mission: The storyline missions in GW1 were repeatable and each expansion had a set of new missions. Zaishen mission changed which mission you should do.
    Zaishen Conquest: GW1 had different PvP maps and this ZC encouraged people to play PvP maps, these changed daily as well.

Later on Zaishen Vanquish was added which required you to kill every single mob in random zones. Mobs don't respawn in GW1 so you had to find and kill every single one in said zone.

If you did these on Hard Mode you would get a greater reward. The rewards were actually pretty good. If you did these for 1 month you could get some great stuff with the coins you got from doing them.

If Guild missions are anything like Zaishen Quests, then i'm really looking forward to the patch.