Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I can just write short on what ZQ's were in GW1 in case people are lazy and don't want to click and read the wiki:

ZQ stood for Zaishen Quest. There were 3 types of Zaishen Quests in GW1. One was Zaishen Bounty, one was Zaishen Mission and the last one was Zaishen Conquest.

Zaishen Bounty: Daily which had you go to a place/dungeon and kill a boss.
    Zaishen Mission: The storyline missions in GW1 were repeatable and each expansion had a set of new missions. Zaishen mission changed which mission you should do.
    Zaishen Conquest: GW1 had different PvP maps and this ZC encouraged people to play PvP maps, these changed daily as well.

Later on Zaishen Vanquish was added which required you to kill every single mob in random zones. Mobs don't respawn in GW1 so you had to find and kill every single one in said zone.

If you did these on Hard Mode you would get a greater reward. The rewards were actually pretty good. If you did these for 1 month you could get some great stuff with the coins you got from doing them.

If Guild missions are anything like Zaishen Quests, then i'm really looking forward to the patch.
    I went through the wiki but that can be a bit confusing if you never played GW1 so thanks a lot for your summary! And yeah, I guess if guild missions are something around those lines they have the potential to be fun. Although if they're planning for ppl to do them as a guild group that means it must consist of open world content, so probably would be something like the daily achievements but for guild groups (do a dragon event, do X number of events, capture Y number of towers in WvW, etc.)... I hope it'll be a bit more fresh/exciting than just that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I went through the wiki but that can be a bit confusing if you never played GW1 so thanks a lot for your summary! And yeah, I guess if guild missions are something around those lines they have the potential to be fun. Although if they're planning for ppl to do them as a guild group that means it must consist of open world content, so probably would be something like the daily achievements but for guild groups (do a dragon event, do X number of events, capture Y number of towers in WvW, etc.)... I hope it'll be a bit more fresh/exciting than just that
    Well they did say they wanted special events to be there that are kicked off by guilds, maybe these will be the guild missions?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Another PvP map with a capture the flag type secondary.

I love it
    It sounds similar to the Snowball Mayhem map we had over Wintersday. I adored that game, if we can play it with teams I'm all over it.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It sounds similar to the Snowball Mayhem map we had over Wintersday. I adored that game, if we can play it with teams I'm all over it.
    Sounds a lot like Eye of The Storm from WoW, which was my favorite map (besides IOC), so i'm pretty psyched!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Sounds a lot like Eye of The Storm from WoW, which was my favorite map (besides IOC), so i'm pretty psyched!
    Ive never thought about it! It's actually true! I really love Eye of the storm haha . sweet.

The problem is that it's only a subpart. It's still conquest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    The problem is that it's only a subpart. It's still conquest...
    Blah blah blah your needs, i like how they are keeping everything conquest with an added thing to it, it seems a hell of a lot more interesting and face it, a CTF mode would just be fucking boring because it'd probably consist of a meta of 3 bunkers and 2 burst profs.

Why exactly do people dislike the conquest game mode? Seems illogical. Explain it to me.

I don't see a lot of MOBA players express dismay that AOS maps are the primary game mode. Or 2v2 maps in RTS games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Why exactly do people dislike the conquest game mode? Seems illogical. Explain it to me.
    It's puzzling to me too. Every map has a different secondary objective as well so it's not like it's the same exact thing. I am just not understanding the complaints.

Deleted
    I get the suspicion two team rated pvp is going to be pretty awful, going to see some really overpowered comps in that, but the rest looks good, I do wonder whether im in the right guild to be able to do the missions at the moment, might have to look in to that.
    Dual thieves every single one of them, one shotting people left and right and not a snowballs chance in hell for anyone to do anything about it.

I don't see a lot of MOBA players express dismay that AOS maps are the primary game mode. Or 2v2 maps in RTS games, etc.
    I theorize it stems from a "Want to fight" mentality, and they get annoyed when they have to choose between objective hunting or fighting other players.

Blah blah blah your needs, i like how they are keeping everything conquest with an added thing to it, it seems a hell of a lot more interesting and face it, a CTF mode would just be fucking boring because it'd probably consist of a meta of 3 bunkers and 2 burst profs.
    I can say the same for conquest, it consists of 2>= bunkers and 2 <= burst. The reason for this is that it doesn't matter if you're playing on niflehell, capricorn,... everything always works since you can completely ignore the secondary mechanics and still win. You can win regardless of not killing anything.

As I've said earlier nearly all high end players dislike this system, it just adds RNG and no skill. "sniping" chief or svanir on a thief is a matter of hitting f1 no skill required. Try doing that to a guild lord or ghostly hero from GW1...

I have nothing against conquest if the playing field is "fair" (fps/shooter games) but due to the power of bunkers it isn't fair, and it isn't fun. GW2 basically encourages "camping" which isn't fun and isn't skillful, it's boring.

Another reason why this is bland is that the strategy is always the same. In GW1 GvG you had different strategies, splitting zerging, time play,spiking, presure,... all those things are gone and replaced with a much less varied "meta".

EDIT:
    Various reasons,
    1. To see what the audience/players prefer. (or to simply cater to the likes of more people, for instance I hate CTF but I love KotH)
    2. Easier to understand (koth, tdm, ctf)
    3. More action, atm the game revolves around bunkers to negate burst classes. The issue with this is that you get a glass thief fighting a bunker guard and then running off after 5sec since this is pointless or the thief just not bothering at all
    4. No more side advantages (some cap points can be warped to on one side which can't happen on the other side)
    5. Higher skillcap/fresher feel. It's easy to play a thief and only be a oneshotter, it's hard to be a thief and also support to FC. If you only see arena, it's always the same thing cc healer=> kill squishy (there are exceptions ofc).

Apparently the long post I made was somewhere else on the internet so I cba to find that.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-02-07 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    You're insane, IoC was terrible in every way, I gladly took deserter when that one came up.

It's just the basic "OMG NOTHING ELSE?" kinda deal. One thing players cannot complaint is how good the pvp maps on Gw2 are. They are really well designed and pretty polished. I would assume they also look into other well established and older MMO's pvp map numbers too and go "Just 4? 5? So little.." too.

All in all I'm happy to get another map. I don't really care for conquest or not I play pvp because I enjoy killing people.

Note: While I don't have a problem with conquest modes I really wouldn't complain another game mode that was permanently imbued in the game. Also I don't care (if ever happens) how long it takes to come too. Pvp games like the ones in Beta (The Hunger Royale and the Crystal one) were very fun, or even Halloween ones "Hide and seek". Doesn't have to be a straight spvp new mode, just something permanent like that would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    You're insane, IoC was terrible in every way, I gladly took deserter when that one came up.
    So true. IoC sucked most of times haha. Horde was too dumb also.

@Meledelion

I see your point and I actually agree with most of it.

They could tweak some of it, but I really think it's a problem in the builds and professions rather than the pvp itself.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-02-07 at 07:22 PM.

I theorize it stems from a "Want to fight" mentality, and they get annoyed when they have to choose between objective hunting or fighting other players.
    Is this not what WvW is for and more casual PVP in the game such as snowball fights/costume brawl?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    It's just the basic "OMG NOTHING ELSE?" kinda deal.
    I don't understand. Why would one need or desire anything else if the the primary game mode provided equity and predictability?

I don't understand.

They are really well designed and pretty polished.
    Of the limited SPVP I have played, I found this to mostly true from a gameplay perspective.

Hmm... I like the guild challanges a lot. Finally a good sized guild will be worth being in rather then just a private 'LFG' ... at least we can hope. The selectable achievments seems like you'd almost be able to dictate what you want completely, meaning even set an achievement like "Reach level 78today."

10+ Year Old Account
    I see they've added Trading Post preview to the February patch.

Try before you buy! You’ll have the ability to preview items in the Trading Post before you buy them. Simply right-click an item icon and select “Preview” to see the item equipped on your character. Check out how a weapon looks by itself, how it looks when sheathed, and how it looks when wielded by your character.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted

Try before you buy! You’ll have the ability to preview items in the Trading Post before you buy them. Simply right-click an item icon and select “Preview” to see the item equipped on your character. Check out how a weapon looks by itself, how it looks when sheathed, and how it looks when wielded by your character.
    < 3

10+ Year Old Account

About damn time imo =P February patch starting to look very good to me personally, Guild Missions, a more substancial Story content with the continuation of Flame & Frost and now a much needed QoL. Nice.

You mean a feature people have been asking for since beta, that at one point was in beta if I recall correctly, then disabled again until now?

5 months to get guesting, 6 to get the second half of their preview function. Now I'm curious how they're going to pretend to release a functional Matchmaking system.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~