Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People dislike conquest as a PvP game mode because the way it is implemented in GW2 encourages focusing on the objective and not engaging other players. The format also prevents anything more than 3v3 skirmishes. It promotes defensive/bunker builds over offensive or supportive builds due to these things. It's also typically very snowbally for the entire game. Unless the winning team makes an extreme blunder like losing all three nodes, you can typically decide the outcome of the fight within the first third of it.

Some people dislike this reality. There's also very little actual coordination in group fights, it's basically "Target X until X dies." But that's a bit more complex of an issue than just conquest.

And frankly, the way CTF was implemented in the newest map just further encourages tank builds. 40% movement speed, not being able to utilize speed buffs, and not being able to teleport make bunker guardians and d/d bunker eles the optimal choice. The logic behind this could be that what's the point of chasing the flag carrier if we know we'll never catch them? Well, what's the point of chasing the flag carrier when you need two or three people to actually kill them?

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Blah blah blah your needs, i like how they are keeping everything conquest with an added thing to it, it seems a hell of a lot more interesting and face it, a CTF mode would just be fucking boring because it'd probably consist of a meta of 3 bunkers and 2 burst profs.
    Compared to a meta of 5 bunkers or 4 bunkers and 1 mesmer?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-02-16 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preview stuff on the trading post!

Best news ever!
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    Colin is posting some info on Twitter about some of the changes we'll see in the February patch.

Colin: There will be 5 types of guild missions built with influence. Bounty is one of them, available in different difficulties #foodwars
    Colin: Modifications to the commander book are coming, with more features. Will remain character bound #foodwars
    Colin: Looking at new player experiences and continually making the game accessible for them as it launches in new regions #foodwars
    Colin: WvW updates will not introduce new skills. Will bring passive abilities aimed towards group play eg. Extra supply #foodwars
    Colin: All the bosses in AC have been completely rebuilt for the February release. Some of the open world champions will be too
    Colin: Orange swords in WvW won’t show if there are less than ~25 people after February’s update (unsure exact number) #foodwars
    @PoisonedAce Nope, just more interesting and less boring. Think of fractals encounters. ~Tilion [regarding AC]

Source :
    https://twitter.com/DragonSeasonCom
    Valar morghulis

We'll see how much the peak will be this time. With the last update it was ~25% of people who bought the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We'll see how much the peak will be this time. With the last update it was ~25% of people who bought the game.
    Lol, where did you get that number?
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lol, where did you get that number?
    His imagination I would say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    no it was 125.45% of people who bought the game

Source: My yellow duck

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You mean a feature people have been asking for since beta, that at one point was in beta if I recall correctly, then disabled again until now?

5 months to get guesting, 6 to get the second half of their preview function. Now I'm curious how they're going to pretend to release a functional Matchmaking system.
    It's a nice feature but you say it like they owed it to us. I haven't paid a cent more to A/Net since I bought the game and I have certainly got a lot of value. Both from the initial release, and from the patches and holiday events since then. Your post just looks like you are out to pick a fight.

Another underwhelming patch, sigh. Let's wait another month and hope march will change this...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Another underwhelming patch, sigh. Let's wait another month and hope march will change this...
    How so? Looks like a good patch to me, especially for guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or did guesting (or what was left of it) disappear from the patch features preview?

i know i saw it somewhere a month ago or so, but it's not listed here (anymore?) at least.

guesting was put in january

So much for the price of 100 gems going back below 2g. x_x I wonder if those backpacks from the chests can be traded. And I'm more than a little annoyed that the new hair and eye colors are not available for new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of nice features and activities coming, so it looks just fine to me.

Also this has me interested, I wonder if they are actually new or just ones that are floating around on NPC's that were not available for players.

Nine new hair colors and six new eye colors are now available through the Total Makeover Kit and the Self-Style Hair Kits. These new hair and eye colors are winter-themed and are available only through these kits, which can be acquired from the Gem Store in the Services category. The new colors are marked with a star and can be applied to any race’s hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    guesting was put in january
    that would explain it, thanks

The only things which they actually did right:
    Overdue necro/engineer fixes
    Preview from TP(finally)

Adding new haircolours for purchase but not for char creation isn't fair.
    Backpacks aren't important, they're novelty items I'd prefer them fixing the game some more.
    No PvP balance at all.
    Buffs to healing (which is and shall always be fail)

that's a pretty narrow view Mel

I can expand on why I see things that way but I doubt anyone is interested in that.
    Definatly a good idea of mine to wait with lvling my necro till now though

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Seems that Daily stuff just got worse. Many of the stuff we had before has been removed, but you can now run fractals for it or kill others in WvWvW /:
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a pretty narrow view Mel

This patch is pretty bad. They have completely neglected PvP and still continue to do so with this patch. They are literally letting their PvP die. Wasn't it suppose to be a paid expansions worth of content? Where is this?! Small balancing is nice, but they are so far from doing what is right.