Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who buy into that shit are stupid..it's silly. Oh..I need to buy you something today just cause..? Oh well...

I was going to quote it but someone already posted the video for it, here it goes anyway though. "We don't have a fucking right to not be offended!" No one, not a single person has the right to not be offended. So just shut up and leave the holiday alone. Everyone knows that they don't HAVE to do something on that day but many people decide to anyway. I would say everyone but seeing statements in this thread I'll have to say now that MOST people know that florists, card and candy companies didn't invent the holiday, they simply capitalized on it.

Also as stated before, if we're going to move to ban a holiday then we should simply ban them all. On every single event that we celebrate there is going to be people on either side of the fence on it. Veteran's Day? Maybe I'm offended because I think war is a terrible thing and that they should have refused to serve. Independence Day? Perhaps someone thinks that we would have been better off as a nation if we hadn't split from Great Britain. Personally I'm offended that some people take so much time to bother cobbling together such nonsensical ideas and then spew their idiocy all over the rest of us on the Internet.

Ya know it's easy for some of you to say keep the damn holiday when you all probably have a wife or at least a g/f... What about the single folks who have to walk around seeing hearts, cupids, and all that lovey dovey crap EVERYWHERE?! You think they want to be reminded about how crap of a love life they have? NO! And don't tell me to ignore it because it's impossible to ignore when it's bloody everywhere! I can't even go to the damn gas station without being reminded of Valentines Day with those god forsaken giant plush roses they sell! And forget about World Of Warcraft since Blizzard has to be a bunch of pansies and jump in on the propaganda creating the Love Is In The Air event... Yeah I can't even play WoW without this holiday being shoveled onto my doorstep like a pile of manure!

Deleted
    The problem with such Holidays is how they've been warped. Valentines Day was about the love it symbolized, and not the presents. Now, it's about the presents. It's kinda like an unwritted agreement that you spend excessive amounts on crap on Febuary 14th. I'm guessing we'll see some profit into the economy this month because of it . At the end of the day, it's the the Holiday that's the issue, it's the people who make the most out of it. And guess what? Even that's not an issue.

And Cerebrate, I'm sorry, but seeing as how America is the only country in the world that celebrates Thanksgiving - You really shouldn't be using that line in your argument. Because I'm British I have nothing to be thankful for? xP

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread.....why does it exist?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why not just ban all the holidays then?
    They're all based on buying material stuff to someone else.

Imho, OP is just a lonely guy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    As the topic states, we need to ban Valentines day. Its a crappy holiday invented by candy makers and florists as yet another way to make the sheeple fall for another reason to waste money on useless baubles and treats, and it is discriminatory against single people. People who are in love dont need yet another reason to waste money on their significant other and it makes single people feel depressed by reminding them of their singleness.
    Or, ready? Just stop celebrating it. Why do you have they have to remove something from everyone just because YOU don't like it?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

- What are you doing on Valentine's Day?
    - Chest and Triceps.

OT: Srsly? I don't give a fuck about that day, and "love" stuff all around and so I can simply ignore this. Doesn't matter if you have GF or not. Nobody forces you to buying the stuff and celebrating.
    S.H.

Oh no, a certain day of the year offends you? LETS BAN IT. This society is too concerned with pleasing everyone as is. Not to mention the fact, if someone else being in love or even caring about another person upsets you, then you need to readjust your priorities in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandore View Post
    Ya know it's easy for some of you to say keep the damn holiday when you all probably have a wife or at least a g/f... What about the single folks who have to walk around seeing hearts, cupids, and all that lovey dovey crap EVERYWHERE?!
    The better question is why does it really bother you? When I drive by a light Menorah during Hanukkah I don't get all angry because they're getting to celebrate and shit and I'm not. Well ya know what? I don't like walking around and hearing people thank god or blame God for shit that happens, so lets ban God. Guess what though? My personal opinion doesn't mean jack shit, neither does yours. Grow a pair of whatever genitalia you're supposed to have and suck it the hell up. Does it really gets to you that badly to have to see hearts and flowers for like a week or so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    Personally I'm offended that some people take so much time to bother cobbling together such nonsensical ideas and then spew their idiocy all over the rest of us on the Internet.
    Welcome to GenOt, may I take your order?

OT: Honestly, can't see why people are so pissed off about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandore View Post
    It's also a holiday that reminds all the single people how depressing it is to be alone. All this love crap is enough to make me want to puke. You ever get so angry just because other peoples' happiness pisses you off? Yeah that's what Valentines Day is to me. Certain things in this world need to die off like Disco and Justin Bieber... This Holiday just needs to die and become forgotten. I guarantee it would lower the suicide rate in the USA!
    Some people might use that as a trigger to boost their resolve to find a partner. A lot of people look down upon dating websites, but I know a total of 2 people now that found someone using them. It's worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why people dislike the holiday, however, why do people being happy and expressing their love have to give it up because it offends you? And why does it have to be about a gf/wife or bf/husband? My mom and I buy each other candy and a flower every year because we love and appreciate each other.

valentines day is a commercial holiday - all the gifts and cards and other crap is ridiculous and it's all driven by consumerism.

i'm in a long term relationship and all me and my partner will be doing is ignoring the day completely - everywhere charges double prices for valentines day, as some poor lovestruck schmuck will pay it, but not me.

we tend to celebrate it a month later - make your own valentines day on march 14th... actually, that may just be national blowjob day.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    As the topic states, we need to ban Valentines day. Its a crappy holiday invented by candy makers and florists as yet another way to make the sheeple fall for another reason to waste money on useless baubles and treats, and it is discriminatory against single people. People who are in love dont need yet another reason to waste money on their significant other and it makes single people feel depressed by reminding them of their singleness.
    Valentine's Day is actually one of the best days out of the year to meet someone. It's not only for those who are in love, but also and may more so for those who are looking for love. Unfortunately you can not find love as easily sitting in a computer chair.

I heard the other day a spark of brilliance, best place to meet women on valentines day is at the Gym. They will all be single working off their frustration of being alone on Valentine's Day.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    valentines day is a commercial holiday - all the gifts and cards and other crap is ridiculous and it's all driven by consumerism.

i'm in a long term relationship and all me and my partner will be doing is ignoring the day completely - everywhere charges double prices for valentines day, as some poor lovestruck schmuck will pay it, but not me.

we tend to celebrate it a month later - make your own valentines day on march 14th... actually, that may just be national blowjob day.
    Valentine's always falls right around one of my g/f and my favorite Convention. We celebrate there rather than paying silly holiday prices on the 14th.

By this logic, we should ban christmas too. It's the same as Valentines day, just more red and green isntead of pink and doesn't have as big of a religius appeal to it. Even though, christmas is about as christian as Jesus himself was...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

At least ban it until Beef and BJ-day is just as widely accepted

Deleted
    Valentines Day???....aw you mean the renamed Woman's Day? Yea, I'd rather much change it to "Gtfo into the kitchen" day or completely delete it off the calendar.

While I don't disagree per say, you'd also have to ban most holidays along with it.