Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

We need to ban Valentines Day

As the topic states, we need to ban Valentines day. Its a crappy holiday invented by candy makers and florists as yet another way to make the sheeple fall for another reason to waste money on useless baubles and treats, and it is discriminatory against single people. People who are in love dont need yet another reason to waste money on their significant other and it makes single people feel depressed by reminding them of their singleness.

I wouldn't miss it if it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can remind you that you're single every day if that will make you feel better about Valentine's Day.

This sounds like some kind of petty revenge plot by a supervillain to get back at some kind of couple that defeated him previously.

"And they shall NEVER LOVE AGAIN! MWAHAHAH!"
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Wahhh I don't like it so it should be banned.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why ban it, other than the fact that it pisses you off. If you don't like it, ignore it like my wife and I do. We just spread things out over the year rather than spending money for a single day when margins are increased by an insane amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    As the topic states, we need to ban Valentines day. Its a crappy holiday invented by candy makers and florists as yet another way to make the sheeple fall for another reason to waste money on useless baubles and treats, and it is discriminatory against single people. People who are in love dont need yet another reason to waste money on their significant other and it makes single people feel depressed by reminding them of their singleness.
    This is completely absurd. Get out, meet some people, find a good girl and start dating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this real? Valentines day is discriminatory? Is that a real statement?

While were at it, let's ban fathers day, as it discriminates against people that are not fathers.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Single's Awareness Day

...These posts also point out the socially inept or those just plain fed up with buying more crap

Personally i dont mind the idea of a day dedicated to expressing your love to your partner, what ticks me off is all the comertialism thats stacked ontop of it. "show you partner you really care with these gifts for valentines!" , im mean really?

Maybe you should be less concerned about how people tell you how you are supposed to be/feel?

Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    Personally i dont mind the idea of a day dedicated to expressing your love to your partner, what ticks me off is all the comertialism thats stacked ontop of it. "show you partner you really care with these gifts for valentines!" , im mean really?
    but i really do cake
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anytime someone uses the word "sheeple" in the OP, you know the thread is going places.

No thanks, I like vday. And if you took more than 5min to search, you'd find out that Vday was NOT created by candy makers and florists. Nice try though, even funnier since you put the "sheeple" remark in there while you're following a regurgitated and invalid talking point.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

INB4 OP is Forever Alone Guy

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be more concerned with the naked midgets who arm themselves with bows and stalk single people.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I can remind you that you're single every day if that will make you feel better about Valentine's Day.
    Nobody needs to remind me.

Yeah, the holiday sucks, but you're not gonna see it go anywhere anytime soon. No matter what Lewis Black had to say about it (NSFW language)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This sounds like some kind of petty revenge plot by a supervillain to get back at some kind of couple that defeated him previously.

"And they shall NEVER LOVE AGAIN! MWAHAHAH!"
    Wasn't that a plot of an episode of Phineas and Ferb?

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree ban this horrible holiday. it is discriminating against single people.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't have a girlfriend, Valentines to me means to celebrate any love, even that to your family. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valentines day is a great excuse to take a single girl out for dinner. Maybe buy her a box of chocolates while you're at it.

You should try it, Orlong. Girls like that shit.