Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I might give up my own life to prevent a nuclear war since one would most likely kill me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    These forums have too many threads started by a guy with "Jay" in his name. Holy shit.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Depends on the circumstances. How old is she and how is giving her up going to stop the war exactly?

If she is a terrorist who set of a nuke in Russia and the Russians want her otherwise its war, sure.
    If she is an innocent girl that Kim Jong Un wants for a slave otherwise he will set off the war, the world will burn.

Circumstance is everything (with those being extreme examples of course).
    It kind of isn't at all relevant to the outcome. Too many crazy people in this thread who would watch the world burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I think I should be grateful this thread doesn't have a poll. If it did, I imagine it would be one of those that would cause me a week-long depression as a result of half of humanity not being able to think critically and properly.

I'd sacrifice the kid. In this kind of scenario, the billions of lives aren't only objectively worth more to humanity, they should also subjectively be worth more to a person than their own child. That is, if you aren't a misanthrope who thinks humanity deserves to die. A viewpoint I'm getting so sick of that it's beyond words.

I don't have children, so this process would very quickly result in me getting laid.

I approve on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I think I should be grateful this thread doesn't have a poll. If it did, I imagine it would be one of those that would cause me a week-long depression as a result of half of humanity not being able to think critically and properly.

I'd sacrifice the kid. In this kind of scenario, the billions of lives aren't only objectively worth more to humanity, they should also subjectively be worth more to a person than their own child. That is, if you aren't a misanthrope who thinks humanity deserves to die. A viewpoint I'm getting so sick of that it's beyond words.
    Doesn't it make you think humanity deserves to die?

Deleted
    How old is the first born? If I were the first born I would sacrifice myself wether my parent(s) agreed to it or not.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You are being to optimistic. If we look at the poll results from threads similar to this one I would guess it will be more like 80 - 90%
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-02-07 at 09:03 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    No let us all finally die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would in a heartbeat...... Yes, I hate kids/babies that much, sue me
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sparing billions likely includes bankers and lawyers, so that would be a big no. Also, you get ahead in life by being selfish, so no. If you remove guilt from the equation then I don't think there is any reason why you would actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works a lot like this, forced by World to sacrifice your firstborn, later judged and spoken negatively of by quite a lot of people, shunned by the society you live in. Sure it sounds like you're doing the world a favor at first but after that? Hypocrisy ensues.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The world hasn't done much for me.

These hypotheticals always piss me off on MMO-C threads because you get 3 types of people:

1) people who don't understand what hypotheticals are
    2) people who bring in their own agendas and rant behind them
    3) the few who get it

Fuck.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    No, wouldn't sacrifice my child to save humanity. Rather give him a fighting chance of trying to survive a nuclear war and hope that we survive.

Deleted
    Mankind wouldn't survive a nuclear war at all, so my child wouldn't survive either.

It does not matter what I'll do, my child dies.

Deleted
    No never.
    Thought would not even cross my mind.

Wouldn't people just come and take your kid by force anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It kind of isn't at all relevant to the outcome. Too many crazy people in this thread who would watch the world burn.
    Doing what is right isn't simply a numbers game.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would round up 10 poor kids in trade.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

My firstborn wouldn't enjoy being raised in a bunker and living there for 25 years with just me for company so I think I'd have to go with yes