Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[RESTO] How to rank on WoL at Tsulong

Hello fellow resto druids. I'm raiding with a casual guild at the moment, and today we stepped into TOES. We had a decent run, even if we did not kill the Sha yet.

Without boring you with irrelevant information, I want to know how you guys manage to push the big numbers at Tsulong. Today was my first time on this boss, so I am pretty sure I messed up a bit, either by not having optimal uptime on LB, or by using the wrong combination of spells to heal him up. Here's my armory and the WoL logs for TOES(I did 111k hps or so.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hadris/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...uj1q/rankinfo/

I did not run into mana problems, so I can probably squeeze some more heals on the raid. What's your spell priority after receiving the sun breath? I keep 3x LB on Tsulong and precast regrowth to refresh LB with the additional spell power. Then I hot him up, SM, WG to assist with raid heal, and regrowth until the buff expires.

Also, can you please tell me if consecutive tranquility ticks benefit from Sun Breath if it is cast at about 1 sec left of the buff?

From the few things I've read (so let someone else confirm/deny this):

• You'll want to Swiftmend before the breath as Efflorescence updates on the fly, and saves you a GCD during the buff.
    • Have your 3 stacks of LB on the boss before, and refresh it during.
    • Apply Rejuv just as you get the buff.
    • Spam Glyphed Regrowth otherwise during the breath buff.
    • Do not overwrite any HoTs AFTER the buff falls off, including LB with Regrowth after the breath buff falls off. That also applies to Tranquillity too, I believe.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-02-07 at 01:19 AM.

Hmm, why SM before the breath? The instant heal portion is quite good, and the efflorescence is more of a bonus. I'm already doing everything you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Hmm, why SM before the breath? The instant heal portion is quite good, and the efflorescence is more of a bonus. I'm already doing everything you said though.
    I assume better HPCT from the other things. As I said though, I'd let someone else confirm/deny the above, I don't know all that much about Druids and Tsulong.

Deleted
    this is the fight to spec natures swiftness (we do that anyway but that 50% bonus is great here) couple it with incarnation and natures vigil. (i normally do not spec either of these). stack all 3 on 1 breath. if the raid needs healing at this point try wild growth with incarnation and NV up. 100k ticks ftw and the adds your dps are killing will drop like flys lol.
    On a side note i usually don't use tranq this phase as i use it in night phase's to preserve both my mana and my fellow healers mana. This is a group effort after all .
    I do about 125k hps in this fight but we only have 1 day phase as it dies so fast.
    with NS and outside of breath buff i tend to spam HT instead of regrowth as you would hope any living seeds aren't being used as the debuff should be dispelled instantly and the adds should never reach the boss.
    This is about the only fight this tier i use HT.

It highly depends on RNG crit if you want to look nice on WOL. Tranq shouldn't be used to heal Tsulong, a waste of raid healing CD.

Tsulong is a boring fight for healers once healing rotation for Breath is being figured out. You just need to know what "heals" needs to be inside the 6sec window.

Ohh felis, I'm so glad you posted here. Since it was my first time in toes, I totally ignored the other talents. I may still continue to do so with Incarnation, as I don't really want to trade a smooth night phase for some extra healing on day phase. Nature's vigil sounds awesome for this fight. I'm a fool for not considering it before you pointed this out.

I don't use tranqulity during day phase either, but I was just curious if it is worth it. The night phase is not that healing intensive, and resto druids get to shine compared to other healers. It's a shame those other healers tend to do much better at healing tsulong though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    I don't use tranqulity during day phase either, but I was just curious if it is worth it. The night phase is not that healing intensive, and resto druids get to shine compared to other healers. It's a shame those other healers tend to do much better at healing tsulong though.
    To be quite honest druids are quite good at it because of lifebloom and rejuv. Just the act of not refreshing lifebloooms after a breath makes it heal for insane amounts. When I healed it I basically did heal tsulong until the first breath where I spam all my stuff and apply my HoTs. Then I heal the raid until my lifeblooms expire. (I put rejuv on tsulong when it expires). I then heal tsulong until the next breat is done.
    What I was wondering however, was weather using wild growth with the breath buff is worth it? The whole raid is pretty much at 50% and wild growth would heal that?!

Yes, it does. I always use WG after SM(I'm using soul of the forest), and that thing tops off the raid in no time. Even if it costs a GCD that may be spent on tsulong, I definitely find it worth the cast. Some misplaced fears may even kill people if they're not healed quickly.

Deleted
    Little tip for when you guys take on the heroic encounter:

There will always be a breath just before you transition from day phase back to night phase. This transition can be a bit hairy because there will probably be adds everywhere.

During the last tick of the breath transfer your 3x stacked Lifebloom to your tank and be careful to not overwrite. (Nothing is killing him whilst he has a zomfgwtf lifebloom up) This will also alleviate the problem of Tsulong being healed during a night phase if you aren't able to purge.

And as has been mentioned above you always want to be casting Wild Growth on Tsulong during the breath to stabilise the raid. iirc you can use WG 2 times in between breaths as well if you use it on cd.

GL

Always be casting wild growth on Tsulong during Breaths to top up the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to rank on Tsulong you should be using SotF with Rejuv during breaths. Here is a log where I ranked 78 using this strategy.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=1779#Juvenate

SotF + LB does not work. LB does not carry over the increased healing after you lose the Sun Breath buff. I gained 20k hps using SotF with Rejuv vs using it with LB or even WG.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    From the few things I've read (so let someone else confirm/deny this):

• You'll want to Swiftmend before the breath as Efflorescence updates on the fly, and saves you a GCD during the buff.
    • Have your 3 stacks of LB on the boss before, and refresh it during.
    • Apply Rejuv just as you get the buff.
    • Spam Glyphed Regrowth otherwise during the breath buff.
    • Do not overwrite any HoTs AFTER the buff falls off, including LB with Regrowth after the breath buff falls off. That also applies to Tranquillity too, I believe.
    Seems strange to me that unglyphed Regrowth is worse for ranking than glyphed seeing as the HoT portion doesn't drop until target reaches 50%+ hp. Only thing that occurs to me would be that whenever Regrowth refreshes itself it's based off your current status and not its original application.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenate View Post
    If you want to rank on Tsulong you should be using SotF with Rejuv during breaths. Here is a log where I ranked 78 using this strategy.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=1779#Juvenate

SotF + LB does not work. LB does not carry over the increased healing after you lose the Sun Breath buff. I gained 20k hps using SotF with Rejuv vs using it with LB or even WG.
    What i wrote earlier was incorrect and i apologise. Some guy has been doing serious maths on this and juvenate has it right. SoTF is better and used on rejuev. Also apparently i should stick with HoTW as i usually do as the 6% across every breath> 20% accross one breath.
    In addition because of the way that lifebloom behaves the bloom part always used your current stats. Thus you should allow the lifebloom to actually fall off during the breath.
    I will try these things this week and report back.
    Again i am sorry for the misinformation earlier.

I'm ranked 49th on tsulong for 10 man and all I did special my breath rotation. Have regrowth precasted, then swiftmend and mushrooms, rejuv, NS+RG, RG, RG. Keep LB and RJ ticking always. I did it with ToL and HotW and used ToL for night phase. I'm sure there's better ways to do it but that's enough to get a parse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Seems strange to me that unglyphed Regrowth is worse for ranking than glyphed seeing as the HoT portion doesn't drop until target reaches 50%+ hp. Only thing that occurs to me would be that whenever Regrowth refreshes itself it's based off your current status and not its original application.
    This is correct. The Regrowth HoT recalculates every time it refreshes. It acts the same as refreshing LB or refreshing Renew with HW:Serenity.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:01 AM ----------

For further research, I highly recommend that anyone looking to maximize their output for Tsulong should take a look at Dayani's guide for Druids. It comes complete with math, strategies, and talent recommendations.

http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...id-strategies/
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenate View Post
    This is correct. The Regrowth HoT recalculates every time it refreshes. It acts the same as refreshing LB or refreshing Renew with HW:Serenity.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:01 AM ----------

For further research, I highly recommend that anyone looking to maximize their output for Tsulong should take a look at Dayani's guide for Druids. It comes complete with math, strategies, and talent recommendations.

http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...id-strategies/
    Bleh, guess I'll be respeccing for Tsulong in the future. Thanks for the guide as well.

Haven't had much a chance to try out the guide's recommendations until today and just now realized I forgot to ask in the last post:

Is there a special Haste threshold worth getting for Rejuvenation or is it so high that even with the current 50% haste buff from Swiftmend that it's not feasible to get?

I've ranked top 3 or so on this fight, though that was awhile ago and the Asian guilds probably own all the top rankings now. Ranking is dependent on how long it takes you to kill him. If the fight ends right after a full day phase, you will rank. Less time in a day phase means more of your hps is tied to the night phase.

Regardless of ranking, its still good to do max healing, obviously. I found sotf better than inc, but that may be wrong. I like it because it boosts rejuv for every sun breath and its better for night phase. The rotation I use is 3 stack LB, precast RG, SM, Rejuv, RG, WG (if your precast is good, the theres just barely enough time for an instant cast). Then avoid casting anything on him until your Sotf-d Rejuv and boosted LB fall off. You'll need to reapply them as soon as they do, to prepare for the next breath. Also might want to use NS and NV for the first breath, esp if theres a GS or LC (NV also insta-kills a lot of stuff). Someone else might know the optimal talent/rotation, but I've had success with this one.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-02-15 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Haven't had much a chance to try out the guide's recommendations until today and just now realized I forgot to ask in the last post:

Is there a special Haste threshold worth getting for Rejuvenation or is it so high that even with the current 50% haste buff from Swiftmend that it's not feasible to get?
    Hey Trubo, the amount of haste you need to get 3 extra ticks out of Rejuvenation under SotF (which is what I assumed you'd have in all my calculations over in the article we're discussing) is 1345 so long as you have a source of 5% haste in your raid (e.g. shadow priest, boomkin, ele shaman). I'd imagine most Resto Druids who are raiding already have that much haste.

To get yet another tick it'd take 8080 haste or thereabouts, which I reckon is not worth giving up the Mastery for. I mean, on normal mode, each tick of Bathed-in-Light-boosted Rejuv will tick for around 100k, so getting that one additonal tick on each breath is only like 300k healing, and it's easy to see how dropping a lot of Mastery would result in losing more than 300k healing over the course of all your spells.

One thing I should do is figure out whether it's worth it to add WM:Bloom in since I believe the detonation is off the GCD. I really need to go back and revise some of my strategies now that I've got a better understanding of how the fight works on Heroic mode anyway

~Dayani@Healiocentric
    Last edited by Dedralie; 2013-02-16 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedralie View Post
    Hey Trubo, the amount of haste you need to get 3 extra ticks out of Rejuvenation under SotF (which is what I assumed you'd have in all my calculations over in the article we're discussing) is 1345 so long as you have a source of 5% haste in your raid (e.g. shadow priest, boomkin, ele shaman). I'd imagine most Resto Druids who are raiding already have that much haste.

To get yet another tick it'd take 8080 haste or thereabouts, which I reckon is not worth giving up the Mastery for. I mean, on normal mode, each tick of Bathed-in-Light-boosted Rejuv will tick for around 100k, so getting that one additonal tick on each breath is only like 300k healing, and it's easy to see how dropping a lot of Mastery would result in losing more than 300k healing over the course of all your spells.

One thing I should do is figure out whether it's worth it to add WM:Bloom in since I believe the detonation is off the GCD. I really need to go back and revise some of my strategies now that I've got a better understanding of how the fight works on Heroic mode anyway

~Dayani@Healiocentric
    Thanks for the head's up on that. Still need to work on the SotF rotation as my performance worsened from my LFR test to our normal kill this week by about 15k. Still, even with me doing a sub-par rotation I was doing slightly better than I was with Incarnation.