Page 1 of 2
LastLast

anything new about DOTA bg?(defense of the alehouse)

anything new about DOTA bg?(defense of the alehouse). it was said to be with 5.2 has blizz confirmed this or are they keeping it quite like it never existed
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    anything new about DOTA bg?(defense of the alehouse). it was said to be with 5.2 has blizz confirmed this or are they keeping it quite like it never existed
    All we have is some datamined files of the bg, no art, nothing other than a name really. Blizz has stated they want to put a DoTa style BG in but that they don't currently have the technology.

Assume it doesn't exist until they announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    All we have is some datamined files of the bg, no art, nothing other than a name really. Blizz has stated they want to put a DoTa style BG in but that they don't currently have the technology.

Assume it doesn't exist until they announce it.
    ugh that the most Bull S^%# excuse ive heard

How could you possibly know what their engine can or can not handle?
    You have no clue.

If it was possible and they wanted to, Blizzard would hook us up.

They've publicly stated they don't have the tech for that type of bg, dunno what else to say.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You have no clue.

Um, PUBLICLY STATED that they don't have the tech for it right now, meaning they have to write a new program to work with WoW and operate the BG the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    They've publicly stated they don't have the tech for that type of bg, dunno what else to say.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:05 AM ----------

Um, PUBLICLY STATED that they don't have the tech for it right now, meaning they have to write a new program to work with WoW and operate the BG the right way.
    Woah, down cowboy.

Look at who he is quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Woah, down cowboy.

Look at who he is quoting.
    Yeah, I guess i misread, lol

if they once upon a time said that a dota bg would be added in 5.2 that means they do have the tech for it otherwise they wouldnt have brought it up. that would be like saying "i am going fishing in a fishless pond". they probably just not getting it right yet. they have also said that with all the new tech they have they can push out bg in a faction of the time it would have took to create a bg previously. only thing that makes sense is that they are being perfectionist with this and wont settle for anything under perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they once upon a time said that a dota bg would be added in 5.2 that means they do have the tech for it otherwise they wouldnt have brought it up. that would be like saying "i am going fishing in a fishless pond". they probably just not getting it right yet. they have also said that with all the new tech they have they can push out bg in a faction of the time it would have took to create a bg previously. only thing that makes sense is that they are being perfectionist with this and wont settle for anything under perfect.
    I disagree. Why not set goals for yourself, even if you don't have the means to do them currently?

They said they wanted to do a DotA style BG, so the possibility that their technology simply can't handle such a thing isn't that "bulls#!t". Setting goals, and then going abouts to achieve that goal is what everyone, I hope, is doing. It makes perfect sense.
    Currently Procrastinating

They never said they would add it, it was datamined, that's it.

sorry, they never said they would add it in 5.2, the bg name was datamined, nothing more.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I though GC said not everything that was data-mined would be in 5.2

From what I've gathered we might be seeing 2 new BG's in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post

This is possible, but, again, they never said that DoTa would be in 5.2. that's the end of it, it's just a datamined name.

they never said it will be in 5.2. maybe next expension. we need to wait till blizzcon this year to find more info about it.
    and if they say its imposible to do atm it is. unless you work/worked for blizzard. and got it fully working on your private server.

because because its tech imposible atm doesn't mean it will never come. we just need to wait.

I think its a shame that its tech limited. I mean.. (and I'm certainly no designer!)

10 v 10

so you'd have standard 3 lanes, meaning one lane has 4 or a jungler. instead of items which would be silly, just have it be a buff/debuff. whenever you get a kill. you get a 3% damage/hp buff. representing the growing power of that character. not enough to be ridiculous, but if it gets stacked too high, itll start to hurt! towers mechanic cant be that tricky similar to AV archers.

AI cant be that hard either.

seems like it really isnt THAT tricky to me*

*I have no knowledge of coding, I'm just suggesting a way they could work around it with features we know are in the game already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post

Just curious: I assume DotA is one of your two supposed BG's to be introduced with 5.3, but what would the second be? I've heard no indication or news on a second BG in the works. Could you clue me into where you are getting the second BG from?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I think its a shame that its tech limited. I mean.. (and I'm certainly no designer!)

10 v 10

so you'd have standard 3 lanes, meaning one lane has 4 or a jungler. instead of items which would be silly, just have it be a buff/debuff. whenever you get a kill. you get a 3% damage/hp buff. representing the growing power of that character. not enough to be ridiculous, but if it gets stacked too high, itll start to hurt! towers mechanic cant be that tricky similar to AV archers.

AI cant be that hard either.

seems like it really isnt THAT tricky to me*

*I have no knowledge of coding, I'm just suggesting a way they could work around it with features we know are in the game already
    This is a fine way of doing it but I don't think it would be up to player's standards. Especially players that are familiar with the MOBA genre.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Just curious: I assume DotA is one of your two supposed BG's to be introduced with 5.3, but what would the second be? I've heard no indication or news on a second BG in the works. Could you clue me into where you are getting the second BG from?
    I would also like a source to support the claim of 2 new BGs in the works.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You have no clue.

its a common cop out from blizz, look at the arena spectator feature many have been asking for, blizz says they don't have the tech for it but self proclamed "basement programers" made one for the private arena tournament servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its a common cop out from blizz, look at the arena spectator feature many have been asking for, blizz says they don't have the tech for it but self proclamed "basement programers" made one for the private arena tournament servers
    Maybe the development of necessary technology isn't worth spending dev time on when juxtaposed with new Raids and Scenarios. Maybe when they say, "We don't have the tech yet, but we would love to introduce this BG ASAP when we can", maybe they are currently working on making the technology work, and would love for it to already be finished so they can put it into the game and satisfy their paying customers. Just maybe.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Look, just think for a second; why in the world would they NOT put out features that people want if they have the tech? There are only 2 possibilities, they don't think it's good for the game, in which case they normally tell us, or they genuinely don't have the resources at the moment.

Or, and this is the stupid possibility, they're lazy and don't care about making money and would rather not please their customers. This is your answer, and it is fucking retarded.

Now, it is reasonable that they are being perfectionists about something, or that they have more important things right now, or that they don't like a feature, or any number of things. It is FUCKING RETARDED to think that they don't do something that is easy just cuz.

As for the "basement programers [sic]" making stuff: do you know if it was secure? secure enough to go on the 10-12million computers that are running WoW? I don't, and I don't trust them to make it so. Do you know if it was capable of handling the traffic of a server like KJ USA or Tich USA? I don't. I assume that there is a good reason that Blizz isn't using this arena spectator feature, i don't know what it is, but it isn't a stupid cop out, it's them knowing something that you don't.

Your entitled whining, saying "I want something and if i don't have it it's cuz people are being mean to me," is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    This is a fine way of doing it but I don't think it would be up to player's standards. Especially players that are familiar with the MOBA genre.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:59 PM ----------

I would also like a source to support the claim of 2 new BGs in the works.
    I see your point, I play Smite/LoL/DOTA2 myself, but quite honestly, this is WoW.. not a moba. in the same way we got a quest in hillsbrad which was similar to plants vs zombies. a dota type bg, is just that, dota type. It would be a ridiculous amount of work to start adding in items etc just for one bg. It's simply not worth the development time in my eyes.

Perhaps instead of the idea I said, you get rewarded with currency (specific to THAT bg, not inbetween them) - and you can then buy tokens that upgrade your stats how you choose.

so lets say you get 'Ale tokens' - 2 per creep, 10 per player.

100 ale tokens is an upgrade.

5% crit
    5% Mastery
    5% stam

and so on.

this would allow people to have some degree of customisation within the bg. rather then a static buff. and again, shouldnt snowball TOO heavily. maybe implement a stack limit of say.. 6? so the max you could do is 30% extra haste or so before you need to upgrade another stat?

EDIT: All in all for a Horde vs alliance expansion, I'm thus far incredibly dissapointed. I see very little love for pvp.