Deleted

Frost questions for Garalon NM

Hi guys,

With my guild we are progressing on HoF and i have some questions about the Garalon's fight cauz last trys we put him at 1%, so i would like to know if there are something i can do to improve my DPS a bit on Frost spec.

I'm currently 486ilvl and able to make around 80K DPS with pheromone duties (lowering my DPS by a large amount).

Here is what i do on this fight :
    - At pull downing one leg then help others on any legs left.
    - Focus Garalon's body when no leg or just one leg up.
    - Help my raid on legs if there are more than one leg up.
    - Go on pheromones.

Glyphs and talents :
    - Temporal Shield
    - Scorch
    - LB (cauz of Lotc, it sucks)
    - Evocation

- Glyph of Evo
    - Glyph of IV
    - Glyph of Ice Lance

Armory and Logs :
    - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1477&e=1725
    - http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...upavz/advanced

Is there something i'm not doing that would help me dps more ???

Thanks !

PS : Would i make more dps with respecing Fire for mass cleave ?? Pls do not tell me to respec Arcane cauz raid is tonight and never played Arcane.

as mage just do dps on the body. pheromones and arcane is not performing well on this boss, without pheromones it is best.
    are you using the shield before the crush?
    im can't see the spell in the logs, but your hunter has very low dps

Deleted
    My experience comes from Garalon Heroic, although it is pretty much the same fight as Normal, just a bit higher numbers needed.

Firstly, keep using scorch and Evocation, but make sure you have evocation renewed right before taking any Phermones. It's a pain to refresh it during.

Secondly, i'd suggest changing to Nether Tempest than Living Bomb, because throughout the majority of the fight there will be either Garalon, or Garalon +1 leg, in which case I found NT to be the best as it's higher single target damage on Garalon.
    I've also never been a great fan of Temporal Shield on this, a flat damage reduction from Crush and Phemones is what I chose, remmeber that Temporal Shield doesn't save you from death, so using it at 15% health when he's about to crush can prove fatal, whereas Ice Barrier is a 70k ish shield, which does help a lot.

Try to keep Frostbolts debuff and NT up on Garalon at all times, even when kiting the pheremones. If you need to stop and cast and take a little damage, Ice Barrier helps here as well as taking Cold Snap which atm is a free 30% heal and resets Iceblock (Which you can also use on crush I believe to mitigate some damage and make raid healing easier).

I would help your raid on the legs, but only if they need it. The Ice Lance cleave is very useful as frost and even when nuking Garalon cleaves are passed to the legs, just at a damage loss (for not directly attacking the leg).

Thats pretty much my opinion and thoughts. Hope it helps, and good luck!

Deleted
    With 3 healers, have the healers kite + the two tanks or 2 heals and have 3 dps kite

You have cast exactly 0 scorches...

Biggest win though, have the healers kite and the dps ... dps

Deleted
    I strongly recommend ditching Invocation and taking Incanter's Ward instead on Garalon. Because of the Pheromone damage, you will trigger the buff almost instantly. And it is a huge QoL imporvement, especially if you are kiting
    I also believe Ice Lance cleave don't happen on Garalon since the centre of the body is too far from the legs. Someone could confirm this, I am sure

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers.

- Didnt think about Cold Snap heal + refresh Ice block which can be useful.
    - I am effectively using Temporal on crush and when pheromones.
    - When i'm doing pheronomoes i sometimes (50% of time) are not able to reach the boss with spell cauz of range meaning no DPS at all during this period.
    - i'll give a try at Ice Barrier and NT
    - I'm not gonna dps legs anymore
    - i have to agree that some members are not doing the DPS they should be so i'll just try to dps more..
    - as for IW, i've never used it. if i try i have to cast it when crush happens right or when pheronomes and i able to reach the boss right ?

Would like to be sure that Ice lance cleave not working so i can take Glyph of Pet...

Nothing i can do but btw LFR and Sha suck for me, i'm still sitting on 1 token............
    Last edited by mmoc7e810d7a97; 2013-02-07 at 02:05 PM.

use IW before taking dmg, IW takes about 28k dmg in 8 seconds for the maximum buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    I strongly recommend ditching Invocation and taking Incanter's Ward instead on Garalon. Because of the Pheromone damage, you will trigger the buff almost instantly. And it is a huge QoL imporvement, especially if you are kiting
    I also believe Ice Lance cleave don't happen on Garalon since the centre of the body is too far from the legs. Someone could confirm this, I am sure
    It cleaves from the legs to the body, so surely it cleaves the other way too. Or my 40k dps gain during that fight from cleaves is just random

Edit: Also, at OP, make sure to pop Frozen Orb when there is a leg up, more procs that way!

Deleted
    I would take IW too, kiting with evocation isnt great on the QoL side of things.
    Ice barrier too, because crush doesnt hit that hard, but there's constant damage due to pheremone, so I think Ice Barrier wins right there.

Maybe you should see if you could two heal it, at first, we thought it couldnt be done for us since some people died when we tried to 3heal it, but its not that hard. We even 2 heal it with one heal kiting the boss, so.. doable.
    This could mean one dps could be able to turret dps the boss and not kite, so great dps gain.

Anyway, if you did 1%, he should go down fast, thats just a matter a few trys max, you are doing great dps for a kiter, the other should just focus on doing more .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wupavz View Post
    - When i'm doing pheronomoes i sometimes (50% of time) are not able to reach the boss with spell cauz of range meaning no DPS at all during this period.
    Then you are too far out of range of the boss which is bad, just double back towards the boss in time so you can keep dpsing. Better yet, dont kite

- i'll give a try at Ice Barrier and NT
    Downside of Ice Barrier is it is a DPS loss vs Temporal shield... If you need dps using Ice Barrier is simply going to stress that dps restriction even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windchilll View Post
    It cleaves from the legs to the body, so surely it cleaves the other way too. Or my 40k dps gain during that fight from cleaves is just random

Edit: Also, at OP, make sure to pop Frozen Orb when there is a leg up, more procs that way!
    I think it only cleaves to the front legs. Just remember to use the glyph since you shouldn't be using it for the first 2 bosses in HoF.

Frozen orb and freeze both give extra FoF charges from the legs so make good use of them while you can.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

If your tight on dps this is what i suggest, as it worked for us here's the log (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=807&e=1216)

Your 2 swipe tanks and the warlock do pheromones
    Your dps only kill the rear 2 legs then switch to the body, now they don't have to run around like headless chickens the entire fight trying to get into the weak spot zones
    This leaves the front 2 legs to be dps'd by all 3 pheromone kiters, increasing their dps since they can't move from in front of the boss, downside the boss will be moving slightly faster sometimes so you really can't let him get too many stacks of fury.

p.s. Your kiters might want to run the pheromones about 5yrds from the walls so the legs and weak spot zones done go through the walls

p.p.s. At 490ilvl i ranked 42nd frost mage at the time on that fight, down to 50 something now, not to mention having to carry a crap pug MS warrior as our rogue had connection issues

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, Glyph of Ice Lance is completely useless. None of the lances cleave to anything.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for your answers, we finally did it !

The few things i changed :
    - When i was on pheronome, i no longer do a beautiful line and no dps on the boss, i just make sure i can reach it with scorch and make an Evo before beginning Pheromones.
    - i went NT.
    - i keep using temporal shield for crush and pheromones.
    - i kept glyph of Ice lance but dunno if it cleaves..

Basically thats it, but as you say without pheromones duty i could be able to reach 100K dps which would have been much more useful.....anyway he went down