Why leaders of Kirin Tor are always Caucasian looking human?

Have you ever noticed the leaders of the Kirin Tor are always European-looking Human even though there is no Europe in warcraft? why?

Note: The Wastelanders are dark skinned.

Is this some form of trying to troll or something?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-always-human

There is a distinct difference, but it comes down to being the same troll/human with dark skin/human with yellow skin/Orc/Night Elf/etc.

Please stop these senseless topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Have you ever noticed the leaders of the Kirin Tor are always European-looking Human even though there is no Europe in warcraft? why?

Warcraft is mainly based on western fantasy. That is not to say there are not other skin colours in the game, but the kirin tor is based just outside hillsbrad and near alterac which is temperate/cold so you are more likely to get white people in those areas from a logical point of view (assuming the ranks of the kirin tor are from the local population)

*edit* that aside its not a case for skin colours being an issue in wow, there are skin colours of all types and races as well (trolls orcs etc) so it shouldnt matter who or what is in charge imo.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-02-07 at 12:55 PM.

show me a city in the real world that compares with the splendor of dalaran that was built by dark people and I think I might shut up. The reason in my opinion is that even though this is a fantasy game that in the end it at least needs to be believable on some front...

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    show me a city in the real world that compares with the splendor of dalaran that was built by dark people and I think I might shut up. The reason in my opinion is that even though this is a fantasy game that in the end it at least needs to be believable on some front...
    Indian during the reigns of the Moghuls, Middle East, North Africa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I give you no points for creativity, that's for sure. I suppose to not be that far off topic, probably because their parents made them that way. If that doesn't work for you, then because the model design team said so.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Take two seconds to examine the skin colors of humans and where each race is from. Now look at them in WoW. I wonder if there's similarities.

Note: Why does it matter? Unless you're trying to imply that blizzard is being racist because of the exclusion of a minority, a stupid implication, then asking the question is about as substantial as farting in the wind.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Because any dark skinned humans in Azeroth as a whole are unusual exceptions. When 99% of the population are caucasian looking, it's very unlikely you get something different as you leader.

Indian during the reigns of the Moghuls, Middle East, North Africa.
    no where close. There is no place in Africa or the middle east except Dubai that could ever be considered to have splendor.

Deleted
    I believe diversity should be promoted!

Maybe we should get Reverend Al Sharpton or Spike Lee involved in this? Or that group that got the ESPN writer fired for making a dumb slur about Jeremy Lin?

Going to close this because there isn't a whole lot of discussion that can be had on that topic and it can end in a flame war, unfortunately.