Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Ridiculous.

The way schools are going overboard, they might as well strap kids to chairs with duct tape on their mouths.

Every young kid, or boy at least, does play fighting. Let kids be kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I might ask if he knew what he said or where he learned the word..But calling too much attention to it would likely backfire and may even result in the kid actually becoming something of a bigot. I've found we call attention to things in such big ways that we then make a bigger problem than it could/should be. Thus why i say have to be careful..If anything talk to and ask his/her parents to figure it out...Those these days he probably heard it on Xbox Live and so i'd just tell him that's a very very bad word and he shouldn't use it if really young and if older explain that using it in the wrong place could get him killed(assuming something like the N word).
    Yeah, sorry i am going to disagree, again as i said i wouldn't want to ruin this kids life, and I am very sure he MIGHT not have had any real appreciation for that but unlike you some things are not about being cruel or kind, sometimes a Zero Tolerence is simply that, you have to address it, you can't just say well ok, and we never know this might not have been the first incident.

At some point there has to be measures that say yeah we gotta do something, KEEP this in mind millions of kids get suspended ALL the time, while 1 month is a long time, and i am not sure why it wouldnt get him expelled, and I am not saying expell him, but if this is or Was that big of a deal then yeah, it is going to stick out, but then again kids get expelled all the time too nationally, so what made THIS grab headlines, My guess is there is more to it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, sorry i am going to disagree, again as i said i wouldn't want to ruin this kids life, and I am very sure he MIGHT not have had any real appreciation for that but unlike you some things are not about being cruel or kind, sometimes a Zero Tolerence is simply that, you have to address it, you can't just say well ok, and we never know this might not have been the first incident.

At some point there has to be measures that say yeah we gotta do something, KEEP this in mind millions of kids get suspended ALL the time, while 1 month is a long time, and i am not sure why it wouldnt get him expelled, and I am not saying expell him, but if this is or Was that big of a deal then yeah, it is going to stick out, but then again kids get expelled all the time too nationally, so what made THIS grab headlines, My guess is there is more to it.
    Maybe but i also have just noticed how when you make a deal out of something it becomes a deal even if it shouldn't...Thus why i say try and solve it as quietly as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Yes, and when kids arent accountable, and haven't had any instruction even from those who's jobs it is to monitor that, the rest of the world cries when it gets out of control, and my answer to that is not to tell people, well shit happens suck it up we will sit on our hands. Sorry I don't care what is a tradition and popular just because it is. Some behavior can lead to very habbits and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Enjoy your free money from lawsuit. When I was growing up we played "War" all the time. We all had fake plastic guns and dressed up in full Camo and played in the woods in our neighborhood. Sometimes we would have 20-25 kids playing. Now everyone just plays video games. Does society today just want us all to be pussies?

Same with all the kids in my neighborhood. All of our parents hunted so we grew up around guns. We all played War and built ridiculous forts in a 20 acre area of woods in our neighborhood. We held down our forts like we were Delta from Ft Bragg. We all had the coolest looking toy guns. This was before paintball and also before those lame ass laws that forced toy companies to make fake guns be painted all retarded so they didnt look real. Ours were all black and looked real. We had a blast playing and a lot of times the girls would play too. We would try to take each other's forts and it was a lot of fun. Now kids all sit inside 24/7 playing video games. I guess kids just dont wanna have fun anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Ridiculous.

The way schools are going overboard, they might as well strap kids to chairs with duct tape on their mouths.

Every young kid, or boy at least, does play fighting. Let kids be kids.

Kids being kids leads to kids going to school at 7th grade and trying to shoot classmates, or trying to lock a teacher in her class in 4th grade and intending to tie her up and injure her.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Maybe but i also have just noticed how when you make a deal out of something it becomes a deal even if it shouldn't...Thus why i say try and solve it as quietly as possible.

Yes, my point is sometimes you can't and we don't know how many incidents like this happened before or what they tried, quietly as possible alright, but can't pretend it didn't happen either especially onces its crossed a point.

Deleted
    Ahhh, it's like watching a South Park episode with Butters as the main character.

"Postman Butters is on the job! Inspector Butters is on the case!" = "Your son is suffering from multiple personality disorder."
    "Eric Cartman tries to un-gay himself by putting Butters' wiener in his mouth, which Butters' father sees." = "Your son is bi-curious because he is confused."

There are probably many other but these two are the most memorable in my head.

so what made THIS grab headlines, My guess is there is more to it.
    Yeah maybe they found out the 5 year old is actually part of a terrorist cell group now operating within elementary schools. Next thing you know those absolutes will also include "No pretend aeroplane flying" for fear of them crashing into school structures. The only issue here is parental failure. Kid brought a gun to school... why because of irresponsible parents, why did the kid wanna bring the gun to school to solve a problem.... cause parents failed to equip them with life skills to cope with problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Yeah, obviously that's because people used to play war, cops and robbers when they were kids. I don't even know how to call this logic without getting an infraction.

And what the hell? Who are those people to lecture and tell other people how to live? If you're afraid of imaginary guns and grenades, and you're sure it leads to real violence - doesn't mean everyone else should suffer this stupidity.
    I think Mall Security was born a 30 year old adult.

Because clearly he's never been a child.

Kids have been playacting violent games with other kids since . . . forever. It's only been this "massive problem" in the last decade or so. I remember playacting violence as a 7-8 year old. Did I turn out to be a violent fiend?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Kids have been playacting violent games with other kids since . . . forever. It's only been this "massive problem" in the last decade or so. I remember playacting violence as a 7-8 year old. Did I turn out to be a violent fiend?
    I didn't even always play act and yet i despise hurting ANYTHING living for no reason...Don't even like killing mosquitoes or spiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids being kids leads to kids going to school at 7th grade and trying to shoot classmates, or trying to lock a teacher in her class in 4th grade and intending to tie her up and injure her.
    No it fucking does not. These games lead to nothing.

It's just like the video game controversy, in fact it is exactly like that, where normal kids can play these games (whether on the playground or on an Xbox) and be perfectly normal. Every kid I've ever known has played such games and NONE of them have turned out to be violent. The only ones who turn out to be violent are the mentally disturbed kids. It's not the games that drove them mental, its whatever malfunction is in their brain.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy christ.... Everyone I knew and including myself did all of the shit in those other articles and much more and we were never suspended/expelled for it..... Seriously, what the fuck is the world coming to? Why not just ban all toys and childhood games and get it over with already?

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:12 AM ----------

Kids being kids leads to kids going to school at 7th grade and trying to shoot classmates, or trying to lock a teacher in her class in 4th grade and intending to tie her up and injure her.[COLOR="red"]
    Games (including video games) do not cause children to grow up to massacre their entire school. This has been proven over and over for years now. The fact that some people are STILL using that defense is just plain sad
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2013-02-08 at 01:13 PM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

What? Are you serious? I didn't know any boys that didn't play with pretend or actual toy guns growing up (I'm in my 30s now). None of us committed any violent crimes.

It's sad that there are people that are so afraid of the world that they actually believe absolutely everything needs to be controlled, including the imaginations of children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would hate to see what would happen to my friends and I back in school these days, we used to play fake war games which resulted in many imaginary grenades being thrown!

It's in the schools rules though, so that's why he got suspended. Sounds like a fun school to go to.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-02-08 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Seriously agreed, he's on a damn crusade against kids well being able to be kids. The funny thing is that now these schools are trying to suppress imagination/creativity and later on when they are older they might act out differently since they didn't get to have a decent childhood. It also creates people who can't think for themselves and only follows what they are simply told to do. I don't know about others but I like being creative and doing my own thing.

I think all of this argument over children carrying on the "play" Cops/Robbers into real life is kind of nonsensical. I think that if a child has a problem learning right from wrong it is the parents fault not the kids. You can't learn morals in a vacuum, you learn them through direct teaching or observation. If a kid never sees his parent/s practicing good morals or is never told what is acceptable/isn't they won't learn from them, and then all of a sudden the "play" fighting becomes okay. If you are never taught there is a difference between "play" fighting and actually harming someone then there is a problem, but hopefully most kids do learn the difference.

I may be saying all this because I grew up with decently good morals but I remember as a kid I loved destroying things, anything really (as long as it was mine). I'd take hammers to my Hotwheels and strap fireworks to my army men. I sword fought with sticks and wrestled with friends, I shot real guns starting when I was 10 and own a BB and paintball gun since I was 8. I had lots of bullies through middle school and at first never struck back, then in 8th grade i kicked one's ass and he stopped, so thats how the rest were dealt with. I'd say my parents were successful parents and taught me correctly.