Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Those who Claim People in the Military are Fighting for our Freedom/Defending Us

What are your thoughts on these people? Every time I hear someone talk about the military and how thankful they are for them for fighting for our freedom and defending our country, I just die a little inside, and seriously want to punch a hole in the wall with my head. No they are not fighting for our freedom, and no they are not defending our country. No country in the Middle East is a serious threat to the United States. Their response: "But we're over there to combat terrorism". Wake the fuck up, terrorists are everywhere. That guy that shot a bunch of kids in that Sandy Hook elementary school, terrorist. That guy that shot all those people in that movie theater in Colorado, terrorist. That guy that shot a crap ton of people in Norway, terrorist. You can not go to a specific part of the world in hopes of combating an idea. It's simply propaganda.

The only time they are defending us is if our country is in danger like when Japan bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor in WW2.

Deleted
    Are you just posting this to insult serving members of the forces or veterans that visit this forum?

Rage much? The military may not be actively staving off an invasion at this very second, but that is sort of their primary directive. Just, nobody's trying it at the moment. Your opinion on the war and terrorism is noted. I feel differently. But either way, there's no reason for so much hostility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

They are defending/fighting for the country's interest, Oil.
    Never really been about freedom or a war on terror, just Oil.

In my eyes (Im not from US btw) they are just makeing sure that other cant have freedom.. or money.
    ----+----[BOSS]++++++
    Just because you're special, it doesn't mean you're useful

Everyone I know who went into the military did it to pay for college, or because they wanted the structure in their life. None of them did it because they wanted to go to war, or be put into a combat situation - even though that was a 'risk.' They also did it because on some level it IS considered an 'honorable' thing to do.

I don't believe our country is any 'safer' because we're going to war. I also don't think that most of the military command structure wants us to be at war. You seem to be linking the two together as if those who join the military are responsible for us being at war, which is obviously ludicrous. Respect the people who join the military; hate the politicians that send them overseas to die.

Without the US military, its economy would be a joke.
    Those three meals you can afford every day? You owe that to the military. You might not like it, but you do.

Have a nice meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonnica View Post

In my eyes (Im not from US btw) they are just makeing sure that other cant have freedom.. or money.
    What a new and fresh opinion. But wouldn't it be cheaper for us to just drill for oil on our own land?
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Yes I'm more mad at the politicians, but at the same time if less people joined the military, maybe they would get the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Without the US military, its economy would be a joke.
    Those three meals you can afford every day? You owe that to the military. You might not like it, but you do.

Have a nice meal.
    I would like further explanation on this comment... If this were just after WWII, I'd get it. This day and age, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Are you just posting this to insult serving members of the forces or veterans that visit this forum?
    Let me answer this for you; Yes.

Whatever your opinions and views are, generally people who serve in the Military are good, honest people who want to do nothing more to serve their country in one of the most dangerous, and courageous ways possible. To hate people who are in the Military, on the basis that they advocate war is childish and pathetic.

Like it or not, we live in a world where everyone has a big stick. I'm not going to put mine down until everyone else does!

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Yes I'm more mad at the politicians, but at the same time if less people joined the military, maybe they would get the hint.
    Know what I'm mad about? Speed traps. If those bad ol' people would stop being cops...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I would like further explanation on this comment... If this were just after WWII, I'd get it. This day and age, I do not.

i was stuck on this comment as well. would like an explanation

10+ Year Old Account
    What are your thoughts on these people? Every time I hear someone talk about the military and how thankful they are for them for fighting for our freedom and defending our country, I just die a little inside, and seriously want to punch a hole in the wall with my head. No they are not fighting for our freedom, and no they are not defending our country. No country in the Middle East is a serious threat to the United States. Their response: "But we're over there to combat terrorism". Wake the fuck up, terrorists are everywhere. That guy that shot a bunch of kids in that Sandy Hook elementary school, terrorist. That guy that shot all those people in that movie theater in Colorado, terrorist. That guy that shot a crap ton of people in Norway, terrorist. You can not go to a specific part of the world in hopes of combating an idea. It's simply propaganda.

The only time they are defending us is if our country is in danger like when Japan bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor in WW2.
    First of all learn the definition of terrorist before you go around spreading misinformation, as others have said insulting the people that have given their lives so you can post this garbage shows what kind of a person you really are !!!!

It's more like, that's what they set out to do but they have no control over where they are sent. Are you going to blame the soldier for the actions of his commander when the soldier signed up in order to defend the country (even if that isn't what he is directed to do)?

Wrong. Remember how its ILLEGAL for you not to sign up for selective service at age 18? If less people joined the military, the government would re-enact selective service to refill the ranks. And seriously, do you feel the need to insult people who have been in the armed services? These people give up their lives for what they believe is right and just and you are one of the people that would spit in their faces for their services? Its alright to question the government, but don't sit there and blame the people who sign up for the military and than get screwed by political decisions. Their sacrifices deserve some amount of recognition.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    They would start drafting again, meaning its people like you that would be forced to fight those wars or there would be a civil war at home. Either way you will have no choice but to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonnica View Post

Please name a country that we are ruling over and taking all their oil???

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    They would start drafting again, meaning its people like you that would be forced to fight those wars or there would be a civil war at home. Either way you will have no choice but to fight.
    I would choose the latter.

10+ Year Old Account

In my experience, people who use the phrase "wake up people" or it's equivalent generally think they have some insight better than others which is nonsense in reality.

I'm glad we have a military to look after our interests in the world, and to lend stability to the world in general. Thank you to our men and women serving in uniform.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You're watering down the word "terrorist" to where it really doesn't mean anything anymore. The shooters at Sandy hook/Colorado weren't part of an organization that is behind significant attacks all over the world, at the very least weekly, with a burning hatred for everything western and actual planning behind what they are doing.

Those shooters were mentally unstable people who just went off the deep end. There was no planning, probably very little thought involved. They had weapons, they wanted to hurt people, and probably wanted to become infamous. End of story. They didn't have a history of it, an organization behind them, etc. The military can't combat them, it doesn't make sense. It's not predictable enough or "big" enough to warrant military involvement. I can understand people disagreeing the reasons for why we are there, but the way you are putting it is just silly. Sure they cause "terror", but not in the sense in which that word was originally intended.