Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I don't owe shit to anything or anyone.
    It's this kind of entitled attitude that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:46 am – 10:28 am

I suggest you go look up that date, Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all the service personnel that are on these forums.
    Yes because that attack was one made by a nation, and not a terrorist organization? And although tragic, I don't think it constitutes a serious threat to our country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Army protecting.... such a fairy tale... In 25 years, private armies > all national armies of the world... then you'll see what the defenders of the right justice really are.
    (LMAO)
    Anyone got a translation of this sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Killing people to do so isn't the right way. There are other ways.
    Okay..

First: i don't know what picture you got in your head, but we are not a bunch of trigger-fingers running around killing random arabs. we patrolls the street, speaks with the locals, and most of them actually aprecciate our efforts. I have made quiet a few friends down there.

second: If you think that trying to speak nicely and trying to negotiate with an armed militia firering with AK-47's and planting road-side bombs, blowing up school busses, then you got one twisted mind in my opinion.

I was in Afghanistan for 6 month. I was lucky i wasn't in one of the more dangerous zones down there, but i got my share of it. after i had been down there for a month, a guy from one of the other teams was killed by a road-side bomb, planted by a 12 years old recruit from taliban.

I myself didn't kill anyone down there, and i'm more than happy about that. But i have shot a guy in the shoulder, and another one in the leg, because in most cases, we don't shoot to kill, we shoot to defuse the armed opposition. Shooting to kill is a last resort when you don't have any other choise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The soldiers today do nothing to uphold my rights because we are not under attack by any foreign NATIONS.
    And if tomorrow we were attacked by a foreign nation, who would defend us?

Just because we're not currently under attack by foreign nations doesn't mean that the soldiers currently serving, today, are not prepared for such an action. The deterrence of the US military being what it is, is justification enough to say that they are indeed, today, defending our rights.

Every hour they train, every minute they spend away from their friends and families preparing to defend our rights when necessary, their surrender of basic rights afforded to citizens while serving. All these actions are the actions of the men and women protecting our rights, today.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Yes because that attack was one made by a nation, and not a terrorist organization. And although tragic, I don't think it constitutes a serious threat to our country.
    Terrorism doesn't pose a serious threat to your country? Are you actually out of your mind?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukex View Post
    Yeah, because the military armed personnel are there spoon feeding me every meal. They're just low lifes who choose that route just because they can't afford college or were too dumb to make it to one in the first place.
    Says the punk from Chicago that flips burgers for a living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Pretty tough to call someone a fake patriot behind the safety of your computer screen. I served my country with distinction and I'd do it again. Your sorry ass otoh wouldn't cut it.

The 30% number is highly inflated. Any number of potential symptoms or issues could lead someone to believe they experienced PTSD. If you knew government testing standards or had the intelligence level of anything above a gnat you could have deduced that for yourself.

I don't think that people sign up to serve. I know they did because my ass was out there on the line with them. Sure there were some that wanted the college money. That's great but the vast majority of them were Reservists or National Guard.

Why does anyone offer signing bonuses, investments or benefits? Because it helps recruit genius. It's not just the military.

Damn liberals.
    Serving in the military does not make you a patriot. Funny how you followed government words as gospel there yet scoff at government published data. My father suffers from PTSD and works closely with the VA to help the massive number of folks returning from overseas with mental issues. Problem is that people like you are out there downplaying their illness and many do not seek help. They just swallow bullets.

More opinion by you and no information to back it up. At least you admit that money is a main reason for enlistment now.

And LOL at the last part I just saw. "Damned liberals". I love being called a liberal, just do not call me a Democrat.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Anyone got a translation of this sentence?
    i tried google translate, all it gave me was "DERP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukex View Post
    Yeah, because the military armed personnel are there spoon feeding me every meal. They're just low lifes who choose that route just because they can't afford college or were too dumb to make it to one in the first place.

pretty sure this is troll bait, but anyway its really not true. and no, im not in the military my self, and never have been, neither have any of my family, but i grew up outside a RM base and know a lot of military people, its simply ignorant to say they are all low lives who are too dumb to attend higher education.

Why do you think people on the forum are going to be different? The people you meet on the streets are the same people that visit the forums. A long time ago when internet was complicated and required brains not every 14 yo old was on it and you could see a difference but not anymore.

All the vets who played too much CoD and thought it was going to be the same and joined the military are going to QQ and flame and say they actually did something significant over there. The war has been going on because of money since the U.S. exist, hell, since mankind exists soldiers have been dieing for "freedom".

I respect any vet that says he's been making sure all of the U.S. keep their standard of living up and that he would die for that (oil, money etc.) but all that freedom bullsh*t is honestly getting old and with the amount of information available to everyone I'm really surprised many still fall for that bs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Yes because that attack was one made by a nation, and not a terrorist organization? And although tragic, I don't think it constitutes a serious threat to our country.
    This country is always under the constant threat of an attack. You're a civilian and have never been privy to that type of information. Over a dozen attacks were thwarted last year, several of which were aimed at NY, San Fransisco and other high profile targets.

Keep that head buried in the sand chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Terrorism doesn't pose a serious threat to your country? Are you actually out of your mind?

More people in the US are killed by 2nd hand smoke then terrorism...

Let's shift some of that military spending to our healthcare system!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    Not at all. If they get more oil somewhere else, they can afford to pay to transport it.
    yeah if it only was that simple, while i agree with your opinion about oil, the oil the US actually gets from the middle eastern terretory is ignorable, but the US does a hell of a job to keep the oil being traded in $
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:46 am – 10:28 am

I suggest you go look up that date, Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all the service personnel that are on these forums.
    I suggest you look back on what your country has done in the past 12 years since that event. Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all that are on these forums.

This country is always under the constant threat of an attack. You're a civilian and have never been privy to that type of information. Over a dozen attacks were thwarted last year, several of which were aimed at NY, San Fransisco and other high profile targets.

Keep that head buried in the sand chump.
    And why do you think that is? Why doesn't Canada get so many attacks directed at it chump?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure who's post you are referring to but I would like to know where you are going with this line of thought.
    Sorry, forgot to quote. Somebody used it earlier as a clear case of being attacked as a nation.

I was just trying to get the person to understand that singular events out of context of the time it occured are not very helpful for a debate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    I suggest you look back on what your country has done in the past 12 years since that event. Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all that are on these forums.
    Nah I feel pretty good about what I did out in Afghanistan, actually.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Serving in the military does not make you a patriot. Funny how you followed government words as gospel there yet scoff at government published data. My father suffers from PTSD and works closely with the VA to help the massive number of folks returning from overseas with mental issues. Problem is that people like you are out there downplaying their illness and many do not seek help. They just swallow bullets.

More opinion by you and no information to back it up. At least you admit that money is a main reason for enlistment now.

And LOL at the last part I just saw. "Damned liberals". I love being called a liberal, just do not call me a Democrat.
    Downplaying? I don't downplay shit. I live near a VA hospital here in Central Texas and volunteer all the time. I know what it is because I have friends that suffer from PTSD.

What I am saying and I will repeat this slowly in hopes that it sinks into that thick skull of yours. When military personnel are put through a battery of tests, often times they have symptoms that resemble PTSD or situations. That goes into their file. Numbers can be skewed for any reason.

Your father works with them but do you? No, I didn't think so. Fvck off.

No, I still don't agree that money has anything to do with the enlistment. There are good people out there in an overwhelming majority that sign up because of family tradition, desire to serve or believe in protecting something you would know nothing about. Bottom line. Out in the field. I don't particularly care why they joined as long as they watch my back and those of their fellow soldiers.

Not everyone becomes a doctor for the money. Same could be said for a hundred professions.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Exactly. Toss in money towards school and its why everyone I know signed up. On a side note its funny how the GTFO out of the country people always pop in these threads. This notion that you can't criticize the coutry or troops is such a joke.
    criticize? yes. assume motivation for a very large group of people in the most negative light possible? no
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.