Poll: Which one?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which invention would you like to see in the close future?

The man always keeps creating stuff to improve his living. From the old stone axes to the computers we use now, I believe the man can do anything.

100 years ago, nobody would have thought the man will create the computer, or that we will land on moon, etc.

I made this pool because I want to know what kind of inventions would you like to see in the close future, and why.
    Last edited by mmoce45982384d; 2013-02-07 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like for Teleportation. I was originally going for invisibility capes, but then I realized other people would be able to creep up on me with those capes

Deleted
    Brain implants that would give you access to new libraries of information or even processing power.

there atm working with linking your brain onto a computer. making you able to read and write data to a computer using your brains.
    this would open up a ton of possibilities.

for example you wouldn't be stuck playing wow behind a computer. you would jump into the world of warcraft! see and cast spells yourself.
    also crime would be allot easyer to solve. seeing the can read your memories directly from your head. can't remember that murderers face? lets have a looky shall we?

still it would also have it's downsides. if you ever watched Swords online you know what i mean with ppl beeing able to hack into your brains.

still i think what the world needs right now is a small yet powerfull type of energy. so my vote goes to the next person thats able to make a mini fusion core or somethingxD
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

The only way an unlimited or extremely cheap and efficient form of energy would ever reach the market would be if someone powerful AND benevolent produced it. You bet your ass every power company in the world would fight to keep that from reaching the public. I'm also for the neural computer link. It would be EXTREMELY powerful for both good and bad but just a general quality of life improvement I would imagine.

Deleted
    Star trek style fabricator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Youth elixir since is the only thing close enough on the list the rest is kinda meh to me do you really want to teleport when a random glitch could easily just rip you to pieces. I doon't understand why flying machine is on there we already have them, time machine also opens up a huge can of worms, a cape of invisibility ? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Youth Elixir would be the end to our civilization. We're overpopulated as it is, if everyone remained young the world would fill up too quickly.

I voted teleportation, easy access around the globe, the risk of being torn to pieces would be worth the instant molecular travel. I was also leaning towards AI but really, we're only a generation away from that so no need to ask for it.

Cold Fusion, yes please.

Deleted
    Warp Drive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Eternal Youth Elixir would be the end to our civilization. We're overpopulated as it is, if everyone remained young the world would fill up too quickly.

I voted teleportation, easy access around the globe, the risk of being torn to pieces would be worth the instant molecular travel. I was also leaning towards AI but really, we're only a generation away from that so no need to ask for it.

Cold Fusion, yes please.
    Eternal Youth Elixir only for people without kids. Only 2 kids allowed. Solved that problem quickly.

A machine that can stop time.

Of those cited, Teleportation, if only because we could then start terraforming/colonizing other planets, set up mining rigs on asteroids for rarish minerals, etc...

And I could finally be Galactic Emperor :3

Cold fusion by far. It would solve a lot of our energy problems.

Deleted
    I was thinking of going for eternal youth... then I remembered this doesn't give immunity to diseases, so meh.

I'll take... nanobots that can be used to fix any disease instead and reverse aging

Deleted
    From the poll options: definitely the dream recording and probably AI.

Other than that, just more technology for space and everything in it.

Hoverboard. Mattel needs to get its act together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Eternal Young Elixir for sure.

Yes Immortality.

Next would be a Holodeck

Eternal Youth wins in a landslide lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones on the list: nuclear fusion. Because any new technology we make requires a power source.

And not on the list? FTL travel.
    Putin khuliyo