Poll: Which one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I chose nuclear fusion. Basically if nuclear fusion were practical, many things could be discovered due to it. With such a harness on energy, mankind could do SO much.

Eternal youth would be nice. Sure the world would overpopulate even more, but we'd have the (current) world's greatest minds with a lot of time on their hands. Already talk of moon bases, so I think we can manage moving people around.

Give people long enough to live, and they can probably do some amazing things for the progression of mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Other: Zero Point Module.

Stargate watchers/fans will know what i'm talking about. ^_^

It's a device that draws vacuum energy from an artificially generated pocket of subspace, providing massive amounts of clean energy for an exceptionally long time.

Best part? They're disposable! They're the universes most potent double A battery! XD
    ZedPM all the way, baby!

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    something that would allow for life on other planets earth is so droll :P
    off topic: is ur avatar Drizzt? It looks an awful lot like him...

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    flying machine? don't we already have these things called planes?
    Beat me to it...

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Data jack like from Cyberpunk or Shadowrun. Don't know about something? need to know how to do something at an expert level, jack-in, or slip a data chip in your data slot and "know it".
    This times 1,000,000

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holes View Post
    Eternal youth would be nice. Sure the world would overpopulate even more, but we'd have the (current) world's greatest minds with a lot of time on their hands. Already talk of moon bases, so I think we can manage moving people around.

Give people long enough to live, and they can probably do some amazing things for the progression of mankind.
    Off topic: Your avatar made me squirt booze out of my nose!!

Teleportation would be awesome. No expensive flights, no traffic jams, eating sushi in Japan instead of buying it in a bad local restaurant... *sighs*

Deleted
    Voted for eternal youth elixir. I happen to be wanting eternal life. Aside from that, i guess i'd want teleportation or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teleportation
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of would like a combination of time travel and eternal youth that would allow one to travel to different eras of history/regions of the world and live through life as a member of a society of your choice during a particular era. Nothing involving major alterations to history for personal gain, just the ability to be able to experience different cultures and time periods over and over again.

Also I guess in the A.I. area I want a virtual reality RPG where you truly are the main character in an open world that contains NPCs with their own lives and minds and being able to form a party with them and interact with them as if they were real living entities, and no I don't mean a MMO.

As for something not on the list: a pocket dimension. Both as a way to store your loot and also as an alternative to owning a house, being able to travel the world but never having to give up your personal comforts.

As much as I'd like an eternal youth cure-all, I think nuclear fusion would make our world substantially cleaner and more environmentally sound. Of course you run the risk of X country using it against Y country for Z purposes, but one can hope right?
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Something that could take us to other galaxies fast enough for me to visit them.

I'd have to go with current age Alchemy, as in the ability to change one element/substance on a molecular level into another element/substance. While this could cause a problem with the economy and lower the value of many things, it will also be completely necessary in the future in my opinion. At some point we will run out of necessary resources on Earth because of how mass is converted. At some point in the distant future we WILL run out of resources such as water, gasoline, etc. If we manage to create an easy way to transform one element into another without a large amount of energy we would be able to do a lot of things to advance society.

Caught up between Artificial intelligence, Teleportation, and Nuclear fusion.
    I'll go with AI. Would love to have real conversations with my computer as a companion when playing games.

Hover board, seriously, where the hell are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    chose for other, some sort of warp drive or multiple times speed of light drive would be good, preferably shortly followed by that elixir of eternal youth or some sort of perma-anti-aging thingy

10+ Year Old Account
    me want my own heartstone.

Deleted
    Eternal youth.

That way i can live long enough to see the other inventions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Youth OFC! I i can live forever i most likely will get my hands on the other stuff in due time!
    And yeah i would drink it, steal the rest and kill the inventors and hide the recepie!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Interesting question))

- - - Updated - - -

I need a time to think....

- - - Updated - - -

I wiould like to see a lot of inventions..

- - - Updated - - -

time machine))

- - - Updated - - -

teleportation is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Eternal Youth Elixir only for people without kids. Only 2 kids allowed. Solved that problem quickly.
    No one dies. And i would imagine kids would want to be atleast 25-30. That means everyone stays at 25-30 years of age = they can reproduce. And if every couple has 2 kids population would dubble every 30 years. 2 kid policy only work if people then dies aswell.

- Neuro Linker (Accel World)
    - Ansible
    - something to control dreams. for the most part i can manage lucid dreaming but only once the dream has been triggered.. i have no control over what the brain decides to dream about -- with the exception of 2 times which is not really very good stats

full dive virtual reality, transferring your consciousness into a game/simulation for playing, vacations, reliving better times in your life.

it'd truly be one of the greatest things. i'd completely leave my body and live in a virtual hub, where i could go into different games and simulations whenever i wish.