Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    arcane explosion glyph for better aoe. and combustion glyph is 0 dps increase so it's optional. i dont see why you would need water elemental glyph, definitely not needed. nether tempest is the best bomb for frost.

arcane > frost > fire
    ... Who the fuck uses Arcane Explosion significantly if you're not Arcane?

Frost will use Orb and Blizzard and Fire uses DoT cleaving.

Also, Combustion glyph is a huge DPS increase when lined up with Alter Time, PoM, and Trinkets, something that is MUCH easier to do being a 90s cooldown instead of a 45s cooldown.

Don't need Water elemental glyph? NT is best for Frost? Ffs, don't BLINDLY follow Noxxic!

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    No offense, but i'm starting to wonder if you even know the mage class.
    I think he's just quoting Noxxic to toy with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Those points are nice and all. But do you remember that Fire still has a crapton of RNG? And while at higher levels you could theoretically outdo Frost this rarely happens because they lack the lucky streaks you need for those WoL rankings. Frost provides much steadier dps.

But there is no good reason to pick Fire over Frost at the moment.
    Okay, but RNG is never going to go away.

Other than it being too hard for the player. Frost can definitely get you flustered. Also, at higher levels, Frost will do nothing but be held back by caps because Crit soft-caps at 28% and Haste will soft-cap pretty soon too, leaving only Mastery, which isn't that great for non-freezable bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Arcane 117,421 DPS/ Frost 111,118 DPS/ Fire 98,872 DPS.....SimulationCraft numbers in like item level gear....as always, knowledge and comfort of a spec will almost always out DPS the others, min/maxers that can actually perform top sim'd DPS aren't here reading about it. Long story short...play what you know/like
    Fire is unsimmable because of how ridiculous RNG affects it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Other than it being too hard for the player. Frost can definitely get you flustered. Also, at higher levels, Frost will do nothing but be held back by caps because Crit soft-caps at 28% and Haste will soft-cap pretty soon too, leaving only Mastery, which isn't that great for non-freezable bosses.
    Mastery affect BF-FFB and FOF-IL so with an increase in haste indirectly leading to an increase in procs (not to mention the 4 piece increasing procs as well), shouldn't Mastery start becoming quite important as we gear up more?

Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    Mastery affect BF-FFB and FOF-IL so with an increase in haste indirectly leading to an increase in procs (not to mention the 4 piece increasing procs as well), shouldn't Mastery start becoming quite important as we gear up more?
    Haste only affects FoF through Frostbolt (and Blizzard for AoE), which is coming close to the cap during Heroism; Frozen Orb is unaffected from Haste. Mastery doesn't affect enough to be worthwhile. Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, and your Mage Bomb are all unaffected by Mastery, which is why Haste and Crit are more ideal. On some specific fights (like Will of the Emperor) Mastery definitely shines though.

The only way they could fix Mastery without making it further OP in PvP is to completely change it. "Frozen Damage" doesn't work well in PvE, and it works TOO well in PvP. There needs to be a healthy balance.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I agree with your points Dragon. What I meant was that when we gear up enough to reach soft caps for haste and crit, our mastery weight would have gone up further due to an increase in procs (due to 4 piece, as well as higher haste implying higher number of frost bolts leading to more FoF, adn also higher haste leading to more ticks on NT, which leads to more BF procs). Hence mastery would affect a higher proportion of our single target damage due to more procs. Not to mention, I think I read about pets dynamically scaling with our stats, so higher intellect would further scale mastery's contribution to pet damage (not sure whether higher haste would reduce pet's cast time). Whether the scaling is enough or not will only be clear after 5.2 is out and all the changes are finalised of course

Must say of course, that I am extremely peeved with the removal of freeze, and sincerely hope Frost is in a good place after 5.2 is out and the inevitable hotfix hits 3 days after patch (as we mages are accustomed to) since Frost is my favourite spec. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    Must say of course, that I am extremely peeved with the removal of freeze, and sincerely hope Frost is in a good place after 5.2 is out and the inevitable hotfix hits 3 days after patch (as we mages are accustomed to) since Frost is my favourite spec. Fingers crossed
    Said 3-days-after-patch-hotfix won't be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    ... Who the fuck uses Arcane Explosion significantly if you're not Arcane?

Frost will use Orb and Blizzard and Fire uses DoT cleaving.

Also, Combustion glyph is a huge DPS increase when lined up with Alter Time, PoM, and Trinkets, something that is MUCH easier to do being a 90s cooldown instead of a 45s cooldown.

Don't need Water elemental glyph? NT is best for Frost? Ffs, don't BLINDLY follow Noxxic!

I think he's just quoting Noxxic to toy with us.

Okay, but RNG is never going to go away.

Fire is unsimmable because of how ridiculous RNG affects it.
    frost mage not using nt? maybe thats why your dps is low. combustion glyph is 0 dps increase. water elemental glyph is not needed.

as i said before: arcane > frost > fire