Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I've never had a living steel proc. Anyone else?

Alchemy xmute spec. Feels bad man.

Deleted
    No you are the ONLY one among millions of BS on this game. You are special man.

Out of probably 30 procs. That seems pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I proc'd four living steels off one cool down yesterday. Felt great man!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really low. I don't make it anymore, but when the expansion first launched, I made it every day for about two consecutive months. I had two procs in that time -- once was a x3 and one was a x5. First time I've ever seen a transmute x5 proc.

I'm pretty cynical about the proc rate; if I have to transmute something for myself nowadays, half the time I don't even bother swap to my transmute spec character to do it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not had many procs on living steel either. Most of the real profit sits in transmuting gems I feel. Due to the larger volume you have a higher chance to get those occasional procs. And on my server a 5x proc primal diamond is only slightly worse then a Living Steel one (not taking into account cutting it).

I've had a couple x5 procs. Jizz in my pants moment right there.

Mostly though it's just x2, if it procs at all. It's rare, but that just makes the procs that much nicer.

Yes, they don't happen often, but they're nice when they happen. Especially those x5 ones, I've had maybe 3 of those. Seems like I get more procs on the ghost iron to trillium transmutes, but then I do more of those....

Deleted
    I had 2 2x procs out of 5 transmutes with my Paladin so far. A friend of mine got a 5x proc on his First Transmute.

I've only been xmute master for a few weeks and I've yet to get a proc. I find it a little weird because in cata I got porcs all the time. But eh, at least I still get my 700g worth :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Got one two days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have three transmute alchemists, and I routinely see at least one proc of x2 a day. Between 5 alchemists I routinely get 6+ living steel bars. Proc rate is purely stand alone, what you did the day before doesn't matter, so I can see strings of great luck, and strings of terrible luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few x2 procs. Probably less than a handful, didn't count them, but definitely a very small amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    One x5, one x3 and two x2 on living steel.
    Processing MANY ghost iron bars into trillium as well, hardly ever see anything beyond x2.

Quote Originally Posted by the kins man View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have three transmute alchemists, and I routinely see at least one proc of x2 a day. Between 5 alchemists I routinely get 6+ living steel bars. Proc rate is purely stand alone, what you did the day before doesn't matter, so I can see strings of great luck, and strings of terrible luck.
    This. I do it on 4 alchs a day and usually get 5 procs a week roughly. A few times I've gotten x5. Best money ever btw. Stick it out, it procs. Just remember it's worth 500g when it does so it shouldn't happen often in my opinion.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I've had a few x2 procs and I think one x5 proc before.

I just had my first proc yesterday in two weeks roughly and I never skip a day. It's super flaky because I've also gone several days in a row before with good procs, then weeks without.

Quote Originally Posted by atrophis View Post
    No you are the ONLY one among millions of BS on this game. You are special man.
    Bravo on being accurate in your smartass reply by the way, it's an alchemy thing, not BS.

OT: it'll proc, and I assume you're still doing it because it's still marginally worth it even without a proc?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    The proc rate on large sample is around 20 percent as always. Try transmuting massive amount of ghost iron to trillium - your outcome should be around 115-125% of expected. So if you have 5 alchs doing living steel every day, after 20 days you should be 15-25 living steel ahead - that's couple thousand g.
    Not that much gold, but taking effort into account (almost none of it) it's not too shabby. You can go and grind 5-7k gold per hour on best farming spots but you need to actually farm shit for 60min, here you just log character and press a button.

Deleted
    Had two 4x already. Even back at the start of the expac when they still went for 3k each on my server. Nowadays it kinda feels like not even worth it using the cd at 200g each...