Deleted

[Comics] What are your favourite comics?

So I haven't read a comic in probably 10 years, but I'm looking at getting a few of the newer ones as the films based on them or around them have been awesome.

What are your favourite comics and why? And what would you recommend to someone that hasn't been reading comics for the last decade(Notable titles etc)?

My two favorites are The Authority and Battle Angel Alita.

The Authority takes your typical superhero team (you can spot similarities to the Justice League and the Avengers right off) and gives it a bit of a twist. These guys decide that they don't want to just save the world any more, they want to make it a better place and they proceed to lay down the law, executing dictators and overthrowing governments and the like.

Battle Angel Alita is an action manga but a very strange and special one.

Preacher and The Sandman, both are finished.

You can read them all and no waiting for next issues.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I don't read comics that often but I think the The Walking Dead is one and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Conan the barbarian and Preacher
    Mother pus bucket!

The new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" is great. I also really enjoyed "Avengers vs X-men".

Right now I'm reading "Super Crooks". Great over the top fun.

Edit: Also if you enjoy "Firefly" the graphic novels based on the show are really good.

10+ Year Old Account

I have no idea if this exists in an English version as well, but this is the best comic ever created.

This one.
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Crisis

Final Crisis is the last DC story before the New 52 reboot, and it can basically be considered the ending for the 1986-2008 Superman/Justice League. And it's kind of awesome.

Deleted
    The old Transformers G1 comics got a whole bunch of them they are probably my favorite comics and then i also like the Herman Hedning comics (Marwin Meathead) never realy been into comics more then that have a few odd numbers of the old Sonic and old Turtles aswell and loads of Donald Duck comics from when i was a kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    New 52 Aquaman

New 52 Wonder Woman

Two best things ive read since Batman: Hush - which i would also recommend.

Deleted
    Thanks! That lot should keep me going for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sandman: Because Niel Gaiman is a fucking legend and should be given the respect he deserves as an author, regardless of his chosen medium.

Akira: Because it's just.... DAMN, if you've seen the movie, you know how awesome it is. Wanna know the funny secret? The movie takes up about... 1/2 of one book, and there's SIX fucking books, it's insane how much more there is to the series.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

If you like those you would like Hellblazer and Allan Moore's cycle of Swamp Thing. Oh and the Boys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    If you like those you would like Hellblazer and Allan Moore's cycle of Swamp Thing. Oh and the Boys as well.
    Read them all

The Boys made me sad When Butcher kills Frenchie and The Female

Also try out Y the last man

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

These are both great. I am not a huge fan of superhero comics, but for other comics like these two, just about everything I have read on DC's Vertigo label has been amazing. Here is a list of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_%28DC_Comics%29

Some of my favorites are Y: The Last Man, Fables, 100 Bullets, Transmetropolitan, DMZ, The Books of Magic, and The Invisibles. Another comic I recently discovered and really enjoyed is Locke & Key It's a horror/suspense comic written by Stephen King's son and it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The Sandman: Because Niel Gaiman is a fucking legend and should be given the respect he deserves as an author, regardless of his chosen medium.
    Hell yes. He is one of my favorite authors. Have yet to read anything by him that was not phenomenal and think I have read everything of his at least twice. I pretty much read Neverwhere and The Sandman once a year. I cannot wait to see what they do with the American Gods TV series that has been in the works for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye Skiz, HBO + Neil Gaiman is just... fuck yes, gunna be awesome!

I'm actually re-reading Sandman at the moment, just reading "Thermidor" I love how not only are his stories funny, cool and interesting, they're also (mostly) historically accurate
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30