Item Upgrades Removal

I am pretty annoyed that they are getting rid of the item upgrades in 5.2. For the most part it won't matter, but sometimes it will and I find it annoying. The part that gets me the most is that they are not introducing additional Sha weapons so many of the heroic sha weapons will likely still be BiS for offhand weapons.

They didn't make everything in 5.1 upgradeable, so why not just make 5.2 gear non-upgradeable and leave everything else the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    I am pretty annoyed that they are getting rid of the item upgrades in 5.2. For the most part it won't matter, but sometimes it will and I find it annoying. The part that gets me the most is that they are not introducing additional Sha weapons so many of the heroic sha weapons will likely still be BiS for offhand weapons.

They didn't make everything in 5.1 upgradeable, so why not just make 5.2 gear non-upgradeable and leave everything else the same?
    Everything in 5.1 is upgradeable as far as I know, I think some sites don't have it written correctly.

But why would you spend your VP to upgrade an i509 item to i517 when you can buy i522? I understand that sha weapons are different, but those are typically the first items upgraded.

Regardless, you have more than two lockout periods before the patch. Plenty of time to upgrade any sha weapons.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

They said that because 5.2 is a raid content update that they want you focused on getting that tier valor gear and not having to choose between getting new gear and upgrading gear. Then when 5.3 comes out, a non-raid update, the upgrade vendor will return and you can upgrade gear you have bought. Personally I have only used valor to upgrade my DMF trinket and bought valor gear every week. If I had a Sha Touched weapon I would upgrade that but that is it. I have valor capped every week on 2 characters since MoP started and the valor gear is hands down better to buy with very few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Everything in 5.1 is upgradeable as far as I know, I think some sites don't have it written correctly.

But why would you spend your VP to upgrade an i509 item to i517 when you can buy i522? I understand that sha weapons are different, but those are typically the first items upgraded.

Regardless, you have more than two lockout periods before the patch. Plenty of time to upgrade any sha weapons.
    Nope. They are removing the vendors. Once 5.2 hits nothing will be upgradable.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

That is assuming that you are have downed the heroic boss that your Sha touched drops from and that the RNG gods have been good to you.

I haven't seen any i522 gear that you can buy with valor in 5.2. Can you provide me the link, because I have been thinking it was a mistake on Blizzards part not to include additional VP gear with higher ilvls.

Maybe that is part of what is rubbing me the wrong way. If they do not include higher level gear that you can buy with VP and you can't upgrade gear with VP, then what are we going to spend VP on? Capping VP each week becomes irrelevant because there is nothing to spend it on...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They want to make heroic gear superior to normal gear. upgrading normal gear to heroic ilevel would negate that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I just found the information on the new reputation VP gear. Apparently, most of it hasn't been added but they are adding it. Still, my point is valid about heroic sha-touched weapons. They will likely still be BiS for offhands and I find that annoying unless they allow us to add the slots to new weapons...

I don't think heroic Sha-touched weapons will be BiS for anyone, they're already nearly outstatted by Elite Protectors Heroic weapons (and were outstatted before 5.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Nope. They are removing the vendors. Once 5.2 hits nothing will be upgradable.
    I didn't say they weren't?

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 01:26 PM ----------

That is assuming that you are have downed the heroic boss that your Sha touched drops from and that the RNG gods have been good to you.
    Fair point.

I haven't seen any i522 gear that you can buy with valor in 5.2. Can you provide me the link, because I have been thinking it was a mistake on Blizzards part not to include additional VP gear with higher ilvls.
    The new Shado-Pan Assault faction has i522 VP gear at various rep levels.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...rs=-2323;crv=0

EDIT: I still have to think that i535 gear will still be better than i517 (i509+2 upgrades) gear even without the Gem/Socket. Won't know until they're added tho.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 01:30 PM ----------

I just found the information on the new reputation VP gear. Apparently, most of it hasn't been added but they are adding it.
    I think they're done adding it; the only slot they haven't added is Head, and my guess is because they don't want the Wrathion item to go into a VP item.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-02-07 at 06:28 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't think heroic Sha-touched weapons will be BiS for anyone, they're already nearly outstatted by Elite Protectors Heroic weapons (and were outstatted before 5.1)
    The latest update to the Wrathion chain says Thunderforged* gear will be able to use the legendary content. So seems 5.2 will bring a new crop of "legendary" weapons.

*May be a different header, but I know Thunder was in it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They will bring it back in 5.3 i don't know why people are worried, you have known about it for over a month now upgrade your shit already and stop complaining.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal