Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage: Elementalists get new Fire Elemental Model

Still waiting for the Necromancer to get a new caster pet model, but in the meantime on the PTS Elementalists get this bad boy to replace the fire elemental

Holy mother fart! Nice, a big upgrade from the old one!

Wwwwwhhhhaaaaatttttttttttttt.

Damn their art team moves quickly, that looks incredibly badass.

Drool, it is absolutely gorgeous
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Waaaaaah! Clerics get no love!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omfg....I was just debating whether I should have really leveled a mage b/c I got so into playing a harbinger, only to face the harsh reality that they have no place in the PvE scene aside from solo play. Obv this meant I now have an elly spec, which means I will now have this BAMF in groups with me.

Hmm...maybe my rogue will be put on hold, idk...dwarves look pretty cool in this game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    "Now that they made this model, they're going to have to sacrifice some other content"

Oh, wait...

Sorry, I really couldn't resist :P

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    "Now that they made this model, they're going to have to sacrifice some other content"

Oh, wait...

Sorry, I really couldn't resist :P
    The Dendrome < new Fire Elemental Model! :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my.

Well, might have to make a return to Elementalist when I make my inevitable come-back to Rift.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Needs to be at least 50% bigger

Deleted
    I don't care what my fucking pet looks like i want a new Conquest map and some WF's already...

Such a waste of resources since noone uses the ele fire pet anymore, most ele mages double dip with necro and use the ranged necro pet, its imba aoe dps and st also.
    Wish they would give us new 10man asap instead of also wasting resources on hardmodes with 2.2 which only a minority of the player base will kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Such a waste of resources since noone uses the ele fire pet anymore, most ele mages double dip with necro and use the ranged necro pet, its imba aoe dps and st also.
    Wish they would give us new 10man asap instead of also wasting resources on hardmodes with 2.2 which only a minority of the player base will kill.
    Not sure how long you dealt with other developers but the Mage dev and art team can make a new pet while also making new content at Trion. I know it is hard to believe, but they sort of have a record to stand on here.

I have yet to hear Trion say "well content was delayed because we made a new pet model" unlike other devs who are famous for looking for any excuse as to why they are lazy.

Didn't they finish fixing double dip yesterday?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's an abundance of fire ellies in every event I go to...Many of which are topping the dmg on my meters.
    The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive. People do have different jobs up there.
    BAD WOLF

Now they just need to change the earth and water elemental pets. But this looks pretty awesome.

Such a waste of resources
    Why? What is an art team for if not creating new art pieces? I certainly don't expect them to be creating boss fight mechanics, designing new warfronts or anything else you seem to think they should be doing.

And let's be fair the art in RIFT is pretty good, dungeons and raids are amazing, gear looks great, only thing I wish looked better were some of the weapons but it's more of a taste thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Why? What is an art team for if not creating new art pieces? I certainly don't expect them to be creating boss fight mechanics, designing new warfronts or anything else you seem to think they should be doing.

And let's be fair the art in RIFT is pretty good, dungeons and raids are amazing, gear looks great, only thing I wish looked better were some of the weapons but it's more of a taste thing really.
    Gotta love people complaining about the art team not creating new raids or warfronts...

Deleted
    As a raider im more concerned about the absence of info about a new raid. 1.3 brough HK, a raid basically the size (and then some) of both Gsb and RoS (2.x equivalent FT & EE).
    My calculations are by memory and i dont really remember how many days it took for HK to open after the release/start of the 1.3 event, but it couldnt have been more than 5 months post release. So based on that and how small and low boss count the instances have been so far, yeah i expect the same. (not to mention the expert dungeons, half of them are basically just barely 1-2 big rooms)

Anyway that model looks better than half the bosses in ID, so cool :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Gotta love people complaining about the art team not creating new raids or warfronts...
    because new raid bosses don't need artwork......they can just use the green cylinder placeholder, or recycle an old boss.

That said, perhaps they are done with the artwork for the new raids and the rest of the work is not done, so they worked on this.