Poll: Christopher Jordan Dorner, Hero or Psycho?

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I'm not sure if I've seen it confirmed yet, but did the LAPD actually release confirmation of this being Dorner who died in the fire?
    Yeah, they said they found a second (or possibly third) wallet with his ID in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Did you.. just try to justify the blatant murder of two civilians that didn't even match the description of the suspect (obviously).. or his vehicle? You honestly think that's an acceptable mistake to make because the police were "spooked"?
    That's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Imagine this scenario.

You get a job as a clerk in a seven eleven. A guy gets thrown out of a seven eleven because his dog snifs a costumers behind and decides he wants to gun down all seven eleven clerks in your country. You own a gun. You walk down the street, you see a car drive slowly behind you, it is of a make that someone on the telly said they maybe saw the madman driving, it pulls ever so slowly closer to you.

Can you imagine your paranoia making you reach for the gun? can you imagine the feel of of the handle, your finger ever so close to the trigger, can you imagine preparing to turn and shoot before the guy gets you?

Can you imagine the car being driven by a Japanese tourist looking for a strip joint?

When you imagined it.. did you shoot the innocent tourist?
    I do see the point you're trying to make, but the analogy (like most) is bad. The make, model, and year was different for at least one of the trucks, and the color didn't match for either. Also, as a citizen with a weapon, I don't believe you're permitted to even draw unless someone's either very close to you or brandishing a weapon, so my first thought would be to find cover. Furthermore, a private citizen does not have to operate under the same guidelines that police do. They are required to warn first before firing with the objective of arresting him. On top of all of that, all the pictures show that the police shot the back of the vehicle and the reports say that they victims were shot in the back, which means that it wasn't even headed towards them. Identifying the people in the cab would have been nice, or maybe they thought the 71 year old hispanic woman looked like a 6 foot, 270 pound black guy.

As someone on another site said: "2 hispanic woman, blue Toyota truck vs 1 black guy, grey (?!) Nissan truck, yeah, simple mistake. Good enough for government work. And the taxpayer gets to pay the real price."

I'm very interested as to what's going to happen now. I wonder if they will continue the investigation into the complaint about that child getting kicked in the head or if the DVD sent to Anderson Cooper will ever see the light of day. I'd like to think he held a copy and is waiting to see if it gets out before airing it. I'm also wondering if the victims of the LAPD will get proper restitution and if they will actually be punished for shooting innocent people as well as nearby cars and homes.

And since this seems to be required for this thread, NO, I do NOT agree with or defend what he did. I understand why he did it, but I do NOT agree with his methods. Because of this, I REALLY want to see what's on that DVD, since if it was proof positive that an LAPD officer kicked that kid in the head, it could have been sent out to many news outlets who would have been more than happy to pick it up. I will also add that I empathize with the police who were shot and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So in other words you have no proof, and are only believing him and automatically punishing those against him because of the past. There is zero evidence that indicates he was telling the truth in his claims. If there was proof he wouldn't have needed to go on a homicidal rampage in order to get justice.
    No, I'm just not doing your homework for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm not saying you can't have your moral. I'm saying don't force your morals onto someone else. You have no right to do that.

As far as I'm concerned calling people disgusting for not believing what you do is worse than murder. It shows you have a superiority complex. You think you are better then other people which could lead to you dehumanizing people. After you do that you can justify anything you do to someone.

Have your morals. Keep your morals and live a good life by them. Don't force them on to other people as you don't have the right to.
    Not calling people disgusting for not agreeing with me. I'm calling them disgusting for praising a murderer. It's not a matter of me feeling superior.

Also, you're assuming that me disagreeing and criticizing others for their opinions regarding murder would turn into me dehumanizing them is an extremely steep slippery slope.

There's a reason why murder is against the law. Society agrees that it is bad. It is depriving people of their right to live. If you think that it's o.k. to do that, well, you're a monster. There's no getting around that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm asking you to back up your claims with proof. That isn't doing my homework it is doing yours. You made the statement and I'm asking you to prove your statement. Why are you unwilling to back up your own statements? You are only willing to talk but not actually willing to stand for your defense of him.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Did you.. just try to justify the blatant murder of two civilians that didn't even match the description of the suspect (obviously).. or his vehicle? You honestly think that's an acceptable mistake to make because the police were "spooked"?
    Until we know what actually happened, people need to stop labeling it as murder. If the police stop you in a vehicle, order you to get out, and you drive at them, they are going to shoot to kill. Your vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. If they were just sitting in their vehicle, and the police rolled up on them and shot up the car gang land style, then yes, it's murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually your homework. You're gave yourself the assignment when you made the claim.

Deleted
    So many trolls on this forum voting hero. Either that or they are insanely depraved. He killed innocent people and for that he is a hero?
    I guess hitler was a hero too then? Im going to restrain myself from what i really want to type since im guessing i will get infracted otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    After you do that you can justify anything you do to someone.
    But that is exactly what those praising him are doing. They are justifying doing anything to someone. They aren't disgusting for being believing differently they are disgusting for justifying the murder of two innocent people because of hatred towards police. That is where the morals are involved and anyone that supports the murder of two innocent people are always morally inferior.

Why do you think that the murder of two innocent people doesn't make them immoral?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Thanks for F.

But in interest of getting a passing grade, there is more evidence that he was a bad cop and a liar than of the great conspiracy to hold the black man down.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    So many trolls on this forum voting hero. Either that or they are insanely depraved. He killed innocent people and for that he is a hero?
    I guess hitler was a hero too then? Im going to restrain myself from what i really want to type since im guessing i will get infracted otherwise.
    Did u just use Hitler as a comparison? lulz

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But that is exactly what those praising him are doing. They are justifying doing anything to someone. They aren't disgusting for being believing differently they are disgusting for justifying the murder of two innocent people because of hatred towards police. That is where the morals are involved and anyone that supports the murder of two innocent people are always morally inferior.

Why do you think that the murder of two innocent people doesn't make them immoral?

Can you show me a post of someone praising the murders?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I'm not going to claim this is 100% factual, as I don't have any sources (you can Google the police academy video though). But you should always consider the other side

He shot himself in the hand in the academy.
    He was regarded as a bully, and his classmates were afraid of HIM.
    He was given several poor evaluations after the academy.
    He broke down in tears while in the police car and admitted he was having problems readjusting to the real world after being deployed.
    He was so out of shape in the academy he failed to complete class runs (have you even seen the video of him in training-- look at that jelly belly!)

He ONLY reported the alleged kick after his training officer told him he'd be getting a poor rating, and he reported it TWO WEEKS after it happened, the day after he got the poor rating. If he was such a stand-up guy, he would have reported it right after it happened. But no, he was basically using it as blackmail to negate a bad rating and to get back at his training officer. In other words-- he only reported it when he thought it would help HIM. Also, there were two non-cop witnesses who said that kick never happened. Did you even know that?

He failed to pass two different promotional exams in the military, which is why they let him go.
    He was never in combat, so the theory he had PTSD is bunk. He was a paper pusher.
    As you said, you should always consider the other side. Maybe he got the poor training rating due to protesting. Maybe he didn't file a complaint until after the rating because he had an internal struggle about keeping the police code of silence and the poor rating pushed him over the edge for that decision. Mark Fuhrman, the former LAPD detective who perjured himself in the OJ Simpson trial said in an interview: "Well Megyn, when you look at his career at LAPD you can certainly see that he barely had enough training on LAPD and experience to rob a police car himself. He had problems in the Academy from day one, we didn't see any of the... or otherwise describe the problems he had in the Academy. He had an accident with the discharge of a firearm in the Academy, he shot himself in the hand, had a two-day suspension... We look at the videos of training, he looks kinda like a dork, he doesn't feel comfortable with weapons, we can see it in the way he handles himself(...)"

Someone else pointed out that he was a paper pusher. And yet, when he was being described by LAPD and the media, 'highly trained' came up and 'sniper' was mentioned as well, usually in conjunction with each other. Everyone was led to believe that he was a combination of Rambo and Jason Bourne, but is referred to as a 'bumbler'. They pointed out he was a 'Marksman' with a rifle, but to achieve that, you have to get the minimal score (Ref. http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/...es/3591.1F.pdf It's page 8 of the rifle section.) They mentioned he was 'highly decorated' in regards to his military background, but did you actually read what decorations he received? For those who aren't familiar with them, most were something you get just from being there, nothing to do with personal performance.

So in other words you have no proof, and are only believing him and automatically punishing those against him because of the past. There is zero evidence that indicates he was telling the truth in his claims. If there was proof he wouldn't have needed to go on a homicidal rampage in order to get justice.
    Just so I have this straight, you're not claiming that LAPD doesn't have corruption, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Until we know what actually happened, people need to stop labeling it as murder. If the police stop you in a vehicle, order you to get out, and you drive at them, they are going to shoot to kill. Your vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. If they were just sitting in their vehicle, and the police rolled up on them and shot up the car gang land style, then yes, it's murder.
    From what has been said repeatedly (and has yet to be contradicted), there was NO order to get out and NO warning. In at least one of those cases, the vehicle was actually driving AWAY and police just opened fire. The vehicle didn't match the make, model, year, or color of what they were looking for and contained two hispanic women, ages 47 and 71. On top of that, it's widely known (or at least believed) that if you shoot a cop, you can pretty much expect to never make it alive to trial.

People really do need to see this from both sides. Yeah, LAPD is pretty corrupt, but this is not the way to go about fixing it. People seem to think it's acceptable that he killed family members of people involved in his claims and view it as being okay since the US does the same thing by killing civilians in war operations. It's shitty on BOTH counts.
    Last edited by DeeEss; 2013-02-15 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

I'm asking you to back up your claims with proof. That isn't doing my homework it is doing yours. You made the statement and I'm asking you to prove your statement. Why are you unwilling to back up your own statements? You are only willing to talk but not actually willing to stand for your defense of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    It's actually your homework. You're gave yourself the assignment when you made the claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Thanks for F.

But in interest of getting a passing grade, there is more evidence that he was a bad cop and a liar than of the great conspiracy to hold the black man down.
    There is enough information in this thread and on the internet to prove otherwise, including my own posts. I am not reposting it because one person likes to argue cyclically.

10+ Year Old Account
    who was murdered now?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    who was murdered now?
    That poster was referring to the two civilians in the truck that were shot by police, who are also civilians. They were shot, not murdered, although the police seemed to be trying pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    it just seems difficult to martyr people that are alive

15+ Year Old Account
    There is enough information in this thread and on the internet to prove otherwise, including my own posts. I am not reposting it because one person likes to argue cyclically.
    I've only brought up things in response to the comments you make, so if you don't like cycles don't keep mentioning the same things over and over again. Don't keep on refusing to prove and stand by your statements. It is funny that you try to make this about me when asked to prove your statements. Why are you so hesitant to show what you say as truth?