Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    An 8 year old game with a monthly fee and it STILL has close to 10 million subs. I really don't care what people say negativity wise. To me, that is absolutely incredible. Mists of Pandaria is also (to me anyways) one of the best expansions Blizzard has ever released. It doesn't beat BC, but it is still up there. Lastly, nothing lasts forever and I still enjoy the game, so I will continue until it stops being so.
    These are my thoughts exactly. Well said.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

500 just as I thought. I hoped it would be less..

It's the bill for a terrible season 12 combined with dailygrinding for pve (imo) while making low level pvp the worst experience ever with non-scaled basline resilience at 40% and god mode priests. I expect those to pick up in 5.2 with pvp weapon for honor and nerfs though.

Raiding in MoP is top, no reason to subs to fall as fast as in Cata
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2013-02-08 at 06:31 AM.

It's not really rocket science.
    1) WOW continued to be a hugely popular game and MMO leader by a long way
    2) the fact that MOP was 3rd biggest selling game proves that many remain attracted to WOW
    3) the fact that there has been (proportionally) a large % decline proves there were aspects of the game that people were not happy with and their response was to unsubscribe. Speculate away... I'm Going with dailies and alt-repeat ability
    4) we're at the end of the patch where folks have ran out of things to do, and on the brink of the next big patch, can we anticipate a % return
    5) Blizzard will listen and address those areas they got wrong. The game will move forward with continued popularity with Blizzard adapting the game to suit the audience. Occasionally getting things wrong but on the whole getting the package right.

The end.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    heres the opposite of that argument. i enjoy the way dailies tell storylines much better than the way raids or dungeons do. i hope raids and dungeons can go DIAF

i wonder how much you would enjoy that
    How the hell does that boring hole of Golden Lotus dailies actually tell a story lol , only thing remotely worth doing is Shieldwall.

I don't get why every single time there is a dip in the subs there has to be this massive "it's all over" discussion. There is is concept in business called the product life cycle, it is damn near universal, and it says that after a time a product will decline and possibly disappear completely. It's not rocket science. WoW has already broken the mould with it's longevity relative to it's competitors an is already exceptional, it is still enjoying a large and stable player base for an 8 year old MMO. One day it is going to decline and disappear, this is not an intelligent or insightful prediction, anyone who is not completely clueless knew this would happen the moment they switched on the servers, however, parroting this while the game is still overtly healthy *is* just stupid. One day you will be right, but you won't get any validation from me or anyone with and common sense what so ever because it is like predicting someone who was born will eventually die, cue fight club esque pseudo intellectualism of "on a long enough time lime the survival rate of everyone is reduced to zero". Oooooh, deep.

You know, I have tried a bunch of MMOs and none of them did it for me, but I don't go around trolling people that enjoy them about their "bad" decisions because I prefer WoW. It is pathetic, if you are here trying to convince people that like the game that they shouldn't, you should really check yourself. I am interested in sub numbers, but it is not going to stop me playing a game while I enjoy it whatever the outcome.

WoW is old, end of story. Still it's an enjoyable gam and its decline can be slowed but not stopped.

People simply grow, change, get tired of the game and move somewhere else. Not counting the fact that gaming habits have changed a lot - you don't find anymore people going to play sustained and tight schedules, casual gaming is the new frontier (with all the pro and cons of the case).

Still playing since FOR ME there are no other good options. Probably i will leave when Titan is announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell does that boring hole of Golden Lotus dailies actually tell a story lol , only thing remotely worth doing is Shieldwall.
    GL does tell a story More so than Shado pan. Read the quest texts.

Now August Celestials on the other hand... THAT one was really unnecessary.

Most of these losses are likely from the people that were locked in with the Annual pass, who haven't played for a while. In fact, many people in a previous thread suggested there would be large losses, based on the amount of accounts data mined from GuildOx who had Tyrael's Charger, but had not leveled to 90 yet.

Deleted
    Still impressive numbers. I don't get all the hate comments in this thread. 9.6 million playing a single game, in a subscription based model, it's insane, especially nowadays.

It still has 9 and a half million more subs then any other "wow killer" that's been out in past 7 years...not to mention with monthly sub vs free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I don't get why every single time there is a dip in the subs there has to be this massive "it's all over" discussion. There is is concept in business called the product life cycle, it is damn near universal, and it says that after a time a product will decline and possibly disappear completely. It's not rocket science. WoW has already broken the mould with it's longevity relative to it's competitors an is already exceptional, it is still enjoying a large and stable player base for an 8 year old MMO. One day it is going to decline and disappear, this is not an intelligent or insightful prediction, anyone who is not completely clueless knew this would happen the moment they switched on the servers, however, parroting this while the game is still overtly healthy *is* just stupid. One day you will be right, but you won't get any validation from me or anyone with and common sense what so ever because it is like predicting someone who was born will eventually die, cue fight club esque pseudo intellectualism of "on a long enough time lime the survival rate of everyone is reduced to zero". Oooooh, deep.

You know, I have tried a bunch of MMOs and none of them did it for me, but I don't go around trolling people that enjoy them about their "bad" decisions because I prefer WoW. It is pathetic, if you are here trying to convince people that like the game that they shouldn't, you should really check yourself. I am interested in sub numbers, but it is not going to stop me playing a game while I enjoy it whatever the outcome.
    Exactly my thought. I really don't get how someone can say WoW is dying when it still has 9.6 millions active subscribers. People are indeed pathetic as you've already said. And I'm in any way a fanboy, I play also Guild Wars 2 occasionally, but people who act like that make me laugh. This WoW hate is pointless and stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one listen to the thing? Morhaime said that most losses were in the east, meaning the losses hardly even matter.

In fact he said China which means that wow lost maybe 100k subs in the west, so big deal? To me this just proves that MoP is doing very well, because out of all the people that came back 1m of them like it over cata.

It's going to continue dropping so long as they believe "they know best" when it comes to reputation and making it near impossible to play alts.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    9,6M? This game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Pet battles and pandas provide entertainment for some ye.

But from my point of view. If a 12 million sub based MMO game is not able to keep their game updated with decent content and good progress... Then it shouldn't be a sub based game. Thats how bad Blizzard is doing atm. They have failed alot of their former players with very poor choises in the past 3 years. LFR for example is a total insult for ppl that want to do raiding - but are unable to spend 20-30 hours per week in normal raids. Thats the first thing Blizz needs to fix. PROPER raid progress in normal mode.. Right now less than 3% of the playerbase have done all bosses in normal mode. Reason ? Cause Blizzard made normals harder than what they were before. At the same time many old sub based gamers that want to play meaningfull raid progress and still have real life are focred into LFR... Or like me... just quit. Cause LFR is the lowest of low - almost as low as daily quests. And guess what... thats the two things BLizzard offered for their RPG systems in MOP....
    There are plenty of people that have limited play time yet still manage normal raid progression quite well, stop looking for excuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    500k is a high number but the game is also getting "old" so it didnt really surprise me.
    You re right. WoW can afford losing another 500k for every single one of the next 15 quarters to reach the sub level of SWTOR at its highest peak! 15 Quarters is almost 4 years...
    Still alarming though, because you cannot guarantee that things will remain at those levels as things are set in motion.

Deleted
    Not even going to get drawn in to "its a dying game" BS. Simple fact is that`s still, 9,599,999 other people for me to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    9,6M? This game is dead.
    Ahaha. You know, most people don't want to understand that a game like this (MMORPG) can be profitable with just 500k subscribers (I don't remember where I read this though). They have about 9.6 million of subscribers, sure, it's dying for real. Come on guys, let's stop the hate and enjoy the game(s). Gaming is having fun not insulting each other.

Deleted
    But I agree about Blizzards stand point these days and there arrogance over dailys and this "we know best, despite outcry" BS.

Dailys = un-fun

HC`s = not hard enuff and no reward past jp lvl.

JP = Useless to pointless to run 5mans

Charms/Coins = Only from dailys? no from 5 mans aswell please

No point having x rewards for x gameplay. I should be able to earn the same charms/coins/vp/jp etc no matter what i play be it 5mans/scens/dailys the only factor should be how you obtain them and the rate.

Likewise if your going to stick us for all these fucking reps, give us the option of tabards, they need to show there able to let us play the way we want and not box us into to these grind fests to artificially lengthen a game that actually now doesnt need it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    It's going to continue dropping so long as they believe "they know best" when it comes to reputation and making it near impossible to play alts.
    You mean where you get revered on one character and buy a token which doubles that reputation on your current toon and all future alts? Takes about 1.5-2 weeks to hit revered.