Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post

This same exact situation has happened during every single tier this game has had since gaining a large subscriber base.

There is nothing different about this time.

Ah, I see...in case you didn't notice...WoW lost 1/4 of it's playerbase....don't tell me that happened all the time cause it's exactly the first time that Blizz has to face such a decline.
    Yes, it has always been a small up and down...the ups have usually been after an Addon...the downs started a year or so later. Now we had a very small up and the downs started already what? A month later? And all that after D3 had already seriously decimated the numbers of wow-players(so you'd expect a HUGE up with the addon...which just didn't happen). Nope, the situation is not compareable to anything that happened to WoW before....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    still 9.6 millions x 15USD = 144,000,000 DOLLARS at month(only on subscriptions) omg wow is going to die because is not longer a profit... lol this posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    still 9.6 millions x 15USD = 144,000,000 DOLLARS at month(only on subscriptions) omg wow is going to die because is not longer a profit... lol this posts
    Completely false. Asia is half their subs and accounts for 1/10th of the revenue. Their monthly intake is $95M from online subs (subscriptions, boxed products, expansion packs, licensing royalties, and value-added services. It also includes revenues from Call of Duty Elite memberships).

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    people said that subs would go up once MoP was released. I guess not
    They did. They jumped up to 10-10.1M.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Completely false. Asia is half their subs and accounts for 1/10th of the revenue. Their monthly intake is $95M from online subs (subscriptions, boxed products, expansion packs, licensing royalties, and value-added services. It also includes revenues from Call of Duty Elite memberships).
    oh then wow is dying 95 millions dollars at month ... poor blizzard

Deleted
    70% of this wow playerbase that blizz present us here are from asia and asian ppl dosent pay per month like EU and US so dont write shit if u have no clue .

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    It really wasn't. GL was the only one you needed to do and it took 45 minutes tops if you were geared like a hobo and going solo. Group up with people and it barely took 20 minutes. And there's always people around if you just quit being an antisocial loner for five seconds.
    I did group up with people and it did take that long. Also golden lotus is not the only one you needed to do to ensure valor upgrades, I needed to do 3 other reps to make sure I had all of my bases covered in case I couldn't get a raid upgrade (remember too that the valor items are upgradeable, even if you don't need an upgrade at the beginning of a tier you might need an upgraded valor item to fill in a slot at the end of a tier). 45 minutes for ONE set of dailies is not the "less than 30 minutes" you quoted earlier. :P

Ending this two-way conversation because you aren't being honest, feel free to PM me if you have something constructive to add.

Oh no!
    Its the end of the world. Now WoW only has about 9 times more players than other mmo's.
    Clearly the game is dead, servers are dead. I once had to wait 5 min for a battleground!
    Going back to Runescape.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh then wow is dying 95 millions dollars at month ... poor blizzard
    That $95M/mo is not just from WoW subs. A lot of that is from extra crap.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by newpower View Post
    70% of this wow playerbase that blizz present us here are from asia and asian ppl dosent pay per month like EU and US so dont write shit if u have no clue .
    It's closer to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Normal raids aren't hard. They're easier than half the stuff in BC. They're about Ulduar level of difficulty at the moment.

And when has more than 3% of the playerbase ever finished normal mode raid content? If by playerbase you mean every single subscriber, including people who don't raid at all?

Seriously, in BC most people were herpaderping in Karazhan until the Sunwell patch brought JP loot for all. In Wrath, hardly anyone finished Ulduar until they were decked out in ICC gear. How many people killed normal Ragnaros in Cata?

It's like you've only ever raided during Dragon Soul with a 20% debuff or something. Trust me, in 6 months, current content will be equally faceroll and puggable.
    3% of total player base but what is that out of total raiders. Remember raiding and PvP are minor activities in this game.

Blah, blah, blah...I matter!!!!

9.6 million is a large number. Don't believe me? See how long it will take to just to count that high. I'll visit this thread again in 100 days and see how far you've gotten.

I think Blizz just made a mistake by adding too much stuff at once and trying to keep solo-players too happy. Now we have a game where you can spend days every week just doing solo stuff and that keeps players from going into groups and seriously forming and developing communities. For example it's complete crap to exclude dailies from raid groups...cause that results in players just saying "hey, you can invite me in your raid if only 5 spots are free...cause I want to do dailies untill then"(and if all do that then you just won't be able to fill any raid. Especially on dead servers that's a serious problem). It's rediculous to worry that players might finish dailies too quickly in groups(who the hell cares if they do? More power to them.).
    They should actually give players more reasons to form groups(reasons...not making it mandatory like high end gear raids)...and take care of the dead servers(cause there even forming such groups is nearly impossible by now).

a lot of players had the 12 month subscription to get Diablo for free plus PTR access for MoP. Subscription ended about a month ago and a lot of them did not renew it as it seems... sounds very logical!

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    And in 5.2 it will rise back over 10 million.

Pretty damn simple really.
    Why are they going to come back? What does 5.2 offer that a whole new expansion doesn't? Quarter 4 had Christmas, the launch of MOP in China and 5.1 and still WOW has failed to gain subscribers, I'm afraid it is only going to get worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    a lot of players had the 12 month subscription to get Diablo for free plus PTR access for MoP. Subscription ended about a month ago and a lot of them did not renew it as it seems... sounds very logical!
    Supposedly, most of the losses came from East. Annual Pass wasn't offered there.

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Considering its age WoW is doing fine, It really is.
    BUT considering it's Blizzard were talking about, it isn't doing all that great.

If you take a deep look at the big Blizzard releases over the last decade you'll see a difference.
    They could/should have done much better, but they didn't and the reason can be found in the last ~5 years. Look at all the titles, not just wow.
    Blizzard at some point switched their design process from "what would be fun" to "what should be fun" and that's where a break happened. Just look at Bnet 2.0, like chat in Diablo 3 or even Starcraft 2. Blizzard changed their whole design from offering choices to telling you what to do.
    I completely agree.
    A telling example is the new Bnet system. Back in the day my friends and I could all play Starcraft at my house, sometimes with up to 6 players, just because we burned the cd's, and even though that might seem like bad business this meant that guys that had never played could join in every once in while. Most got hooked and bought the game for themselves and Starcraft quickly spread through my circle of friends.
    Now, even though we're all still huge Starcraft fans we don't play SC2 and don't plan on buying it, simply because we would all need a BNet account, pay for the game and all that without knowing if it's even much fun. I myself and some other friends are willing to buy it and have faith that it would prove to be fun, but the fact would remain that none of our other friends could just join in every once in a while.
    I liked the WCIII system much better, because there is still incentive to buy the game for the online play, but even friends that don't own the game can join in for a lan-game every once in a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my thing. Remember when the sub totals were getting closer to 8 mil, and people were saying "well Annual Pass saved them more losses!".

Sub numbers are still over 1.5 million higher since the long expiration of Annual Pass. What crutch can you use now to explain the fact that they only dipped below 10 million and it's about a month or so before a major raid patch, which will see, you guessed it, an increase in subs?

Ebb and flow of the sub numbers does not mean the game is dying. It means most people that dropped will just come back to see it again when the new raid is released.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

OH NO!! its down to 9.6 million, the game is dead so we better all quit.

/sarcasm.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    12m susbs during WOTLK, why? because it was the best expansion of WoW, best boss, heroics, raids and even quests. And i'm not like those hypocrites that tell everyone that loves BC because idk what.... I keep playing WOTLK raids with my friends all the weekends. We go to those old raids because those mobs are "worthy" of being killed. Ulduar, ICC and The eye are my favorite ones, only The Ruby Sanctum sucks, even Vault of Archavon bosses are amazing. CATA was the reason of so many subs being lost, that expansion was the worst of all and the start of the decay of WoW
    It had Arthas, who was in the best Warcraft RTS, whom many loved his story. It was also the most casual and easy of all expansions.