Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    It is so hilarious to watch the pathetic predictions, or should I say pleading, of The Haters.

WOW has AT LEAST 20 Years left.

That is a long time to hate.
    I completely agree it is hilarious to watch people's predictions.

WOW has sold over 30 million copies, that means there are 21 million ex-WOW players out there. It is not "mad" to think 6 million of that 21 will come back for MOP. That does not even consider new players that Pandas and Pet Battles might attract. Finally, maybe, just maybe, MOP will be popular in China.

How "Mad" do I look now?
    Oh boy, when MOP goes over 15 mil subs, you may have to avoid the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.
    I play games because they are fun not because they have the largest amount of subs. I would play an MMO that only had 100 people if it was fun. No players care how many subs the game has. A MMO will have a healthy population with only 100k players.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The basis of progression is based on those bonus rolls. PPL are not stupid.
    In your case and maybe top end raiders in a race. 16/16H this last week finally and many of us never bothered with rep or dailies. Again, it is optional and not required. It is also a bonus chance at loot and people should be expected to put in a bit of time or effort to receive it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spammeister View Post
    9.6 million subs...which may include people who don't play anymore in the last 3 months. It's the biggest possible spin number that Blizzaro could come up with without outright lying. How many D3 games were selling at the high price of 15$?

Let's go back to the 2 or 3 million from way back in 2005. It doesn't change the way I play or who I play with.
    Which could also include many people who have signed up since then as well. Your argument works both ways. Regardless of price, it still sold 12M copies.

500k drop is alot , especially when its in us or eu... in asia wow is alot alot alot cheaper and the majority of the playerbase is there so overall us and eu pay for the most part... not saying the game is dieing but 500k players gone is a huge huge huge loss in money... also its expected.. look how long people have beenraiding this tier, ofc all the good players have done their heroics and are now just tierd of repeating content

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ok, if you want to cling the your "its numbers" fallacy, can you explain how the game grew by 6 millions in vanilla, then by 4 millions in TBC and only to grew by 2 millions in WolTK only to stagnate there until its started degrading in Cataclysm?

If WolTK was so great, it would had grown more than during Vanilla and TBC no?
    Take your logic out of these forums.

It's obviously declining, but by no means is it dying, nor is it dead. This should be fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Even if that prepaid time is 1hr for the 3 month quarter.
    Yes. Monthly subs are still counted even if their time ran out on 12am Jan. 1, 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    500k drop is alot , especially when its in us or eu... in asia wow is alot alot alot cheaper and the majority of the playerbase is there so overall us and eu pay for the most part... not saying the game is dieing but 500k players gone is a huge huge huge loss in money... also its expected.. look how long people have beenraiding this tier, ofc all the good players have done their heroics and are now just tierd of repeating content
    Stop exaggerating. blizzard lost a couple of million players over the last few years due to many reasons, its still the strongest mmo out there.

Though I do think they should rethink the daily for rep only option.

So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.

Those saying the games dying from this have been saying the same thing at any chance they can, just like end of the world doomsayers.

However, I can speculate several reasons why people quit, mists making the game to grindy, people quitting because they don't feel like special snowflakes, quitting because of the theme. Its the same old stuff.
    Except they were pretty much all in China.

Stop exaggerating. blizzard lost a couple of million players over the last few years due to many reasons, its still the strongest mmo out there.

Though I do think they should rethink the daily for rep only option.
    They're addressing that issue in 5.2.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    Doesn't make it good food... but I don't see McDonalds going out of business any time soon, either?
    Nope. I would really love to know why people have so much vitriol for this game and want to see bad things happen to it? It is just a freaking game. Let it go.

Hahaha at least I know I will be reading the "wow is dead!!1111oneone!" posts for many years... lets say WoW loses 3M a year (which I highly doubt), we still got 3 years to read those posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    A 500k drop in subs is huge. Especially if they are in the U.S. or Europe.
    Not really when you consider that this drop is from the position at the start of MOP rather than the end of Cata. I can't remember what Cata's subs were the last time they were announced but i'm fairly sure they were lower than 9.6 million.

Loads of old players come back to try a new expansion for a month or 2 and then stop playing again.... This is no reflection on the quality of the game.

Edit: I just looked at the wiki for subscriber numbers and 7 weeks before MOP was released (August 2nd) wow had 9.1 million subscribers. So you can say there's been a loss of 500k subscribers.... but you could also say there's been a gain of 500k depending when you take the original count from.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-02-08 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    False. Vanilla and BC players who tried the game again are leaving. out of 40 players I know who tried again, only one still plays.
    Well, out of the seven-ish people I know who played during Vanilla and TBC, all seven of them are still playing.

Sample sizes.

I only buy time cards now to play whatever the latest tear in the LFR is then i stop , this expac isnt alt friendly, requires more points to upgrade heirloom gear, and they centered the game around dailies and more dailies, i hate questing, i hate dailies, i just wana run dungeons and gear up, you really cant do that this time, plus the game mechanics feel old , nothing really feels exciting anymore, i will wait until a few weeks before the next expac, then i will buy a time card gear up and then wait till the end of that one, besides with all the video leaks and updates here , we are ahead of any surprises, the game just feels "meh" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?
    9.6 million is 500k more than WOW had at the end of Cataclysm (figure taken from August 2012).

You will ALWAYS get a dip in subscribers from the high point at the start of a new xpac when old players return to try it out....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Yes. Monthly subs are still counted even if their time ran out on 12am Jan. 1, 2013.
    WoW East doesn't pay by the month, they pay by the hour. Buy 1 hr in a quarter and they count you as a sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    so......9,600,000 is still pretty good if you compare to other games.
    how many subscribers does your game have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I completely agree it is hilarious to watch people's predictions.
    That was such a beautiful bit of ownage that I think we all need to take a step back and admire it for a few seconds.

WoW is still doing extremely well, but pretending losing half a mil players is nothing is equally stupid as saying WoW is dying. 500k is the whole playerbase of some MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Except they were pretty much all in China.
    Got any breakdown on sub numbers per market / location ? I've not seen any such numbers released so I suspect you are pulling these numbers out of your.... well you know.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    That was such a beautiful bit of ownage that I think we all need to take a step back and admire it for a few seconds.

WoW is still doing extremely well, but pretending losing half a mil players is nothing is equally stupid as saying WoW is dying. 500k is the whole playerbase of some MMO's.
    I'd be curious to see numbers for sub drops from the start of each expansion to 6 months in. I'm fairly sure every xpac has experienced a drop after it's high point at release. Maybe not BC because that was a time when the game was still growing it's subs base.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-02-08 at 02:04 AM.