Destro DPS observations

To start this is me: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shandris/Kazumichan/simple. Sorry can't post links

I have spent all day running different setups on Simcraft 510-9, ended up running 35+ sims. I used wowreforge for reforging. I tried all four pets and different stat weights, enchants and gems. Each run used 25000 iterations. I found that the succubus added 300-600dps over felhunter in all the sims. The imp and voidwalker was even lower. The best dps I came up with was the setup in the link, which is haste at 4717, crit, then mastery, crit gems in the orange sockets, which simcraft says 84797 dps with the succubus.

I tried haste, crit, mastery. Haste, mastery, crit. Mastery, crit, haste. Mastery, haste, crit. Crit, haste, mastery. Crit, mastery, haste. Limiting haste to different soft caps, including 4247, 3700, and 3200.

In all of these different sims, I found that the lowest dps I should have was 84025 and the highest was 84831. So only about 800 dps different. In the real world, I know that on some raid bosses I can hit a peak of about 140K, but the average for the fight will be down in the mid 80K range.

On the very last sim I did I noticed that Simcraft has all three stat weights about the same. So I reforged with all three even, I just picked 1.7 for all three, and simmed again. It turns out that the dps from that run was 84731. So pretty close I feel.

Going to try the current setup in a raid tonight to see how it feels now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 06:32 PM ----------

It has been pointed out to me that I didn't mention that all these sims was on a single target and with Sup talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, single target you will get very even results between Sup/Serv + Haste reforge or Sac + Mastery reforge, but once you can use Havoc to cleave anything Sac + mastery starts getting ahead. Since there are little to no pure single target fights this tier you will almost allways get better results with Sac + Mastery reforge in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, single target you will get very even results between Sup/Serv + Haste reforge or Sac + Mastery reforge, but once you can use Havoc to cleave anything Sac + mastery starts getting ahead. Since there are little to no pure single target fights this tier you will almost allways get better results with Sac + Mastery reforge in the real world.
    This pretty much sums it up. Havoc+Shadowburn = 7x insane damage, if used with cds. And if you're mastery stacked as well, doing this will almost double the amount of damage you could otherwise do in 30 seconds alone!
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

So at what gear level should one start stacking mastery and go for Sac, instead of Sup + haste? At any level?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazumichan View Post
    So at what gear level should one start stacking mastery and go for Sac, instead of Sup + haste? At any level?
    Any level where you intend to hit more than one target.