Thread: LCS Thread

Page 5 of 303 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Yeah I didn't find it amusing at all.
    I would bitchslap the fuck out of him for that atittude.. what an idiot... no respect or sportsmanship.

That first question.. the way he answers.... /sigh
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post

Like doublelift jokes around a lot and calls basically everyone bad. It's not a horrible affront to manners or other people.
    Until the people running the leagues (including the sponsors) realize that even these minor things that may be jokes on the inside can be misinterpreted by an uninformed audience...eSports will never become mainstream. Its that passive, undisciplined attitude that will stagnate the growth.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Long rant
    Why would you give me an American phrase, when I'm obviously not American.
    You forget that these people represent our community, and truth to be told: This is what our community is.
    LoL players generally are d!cks who trash talk to everyone who even does one thing wrong. Have you ever seen twitch chat? When Phreak says one thing wrong, i.e. calls Kayle ult Locket of the Iron Solari: 9001 responses in the chat appear with people saying lolol he said something wrong what a noob haha even I know that herp derp. Our community is like this, why would you be surprised that someone who went and played at pro level didn't move on from being a regular LoL-scumbag?

Even comparing eSports to Sports is ridiculous, cause it's a diffrence between using your body and using your brain. 2 Diffrent audiences, 2 diffrent kinds of people doing the so called "sport". Why do you think so much pros get banned? Look at Dignitas's IWillGetBenched, who got banned about 20 times or so because he was trash-talking. Being a pro doesn't mean you're a nice guy. In reality, most people who got to high positions did it by being a dick, which is the way you get shit done in this world.

TLDR; If the community is shit, don't expect the players to be nice people. Pro =/= Being nice/sportsmanlike.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    If people can't have rivalries without petty trash-talking, then they are nothing more than little kids throwing dirt at each other in the sandbox.
    My dad is stronger than your dad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    There is a difference between trash talking and being an asshole though.

Like doublelift jokes around a lot and calls basically everyone bad. It's not a horrible affront to manners or other people. But when Regi said "that was the easiest game in our lives" after they beat dig in s2, that is unacceptable.

To me there is a clear difference between banter between teams and players, and insults.
    That's basically what I said, 2xlift is just saying "lolol ur bad lolol lrn2play". Where as Regi is like "You are the WORST players we have EVER seen HAH"
    There's a diffrence~
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-08 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    TLDR; If the community is shit, don't expect the players to be nice people. Pro =/= Being nice/sportsmanlike.
    So instead of trying to get better we should continue to be shit? We should let our pro players (which are basically the image of our game) to become even more of a example of how disgusting we can be?

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Deleted
    Kind of. That and considering how Riot really wants eSports to be taken seriously, it'd be in the teams' best interests to act somewhat mature so that the general population won't keep dismissing games as children's toys and its players sociopathic manchildren. :P

Also, where are you guys watching these things, I feel left out! :<

Deleted
    Relevant to the current discussion:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...sh_talk_trial/

Also I think the trashtalk grows excitement and hype for the games. I don´t think Regi´s comment at regional was too much either, Dignitas deserved it imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    So instead of trying to get better we should continue to be shit? We should let our pro players (which are basically the image of our game) to become even more of a example of how disgusting we can be?

2 wrongs don't make a right.
    I'm saying he shouldn't expect much, not that they shouldn't change. Also known as "Deal with it" in modern tongue.

Trash talking is in all sports, it is just usually done ON the field of play, where it is not heard by the fans.

In eSports that is a little more difficult given the situation and circumstances. A little bit in interviews is fine, especially if its in jest. There is a line though and teams/players should be careful not to cross it.

Deleted
    Difference between Doublelift and Regi is that Regi actually grew up and has become a very professional person.

What Doublelift is doing is fine while playing a normal/ranked game on the servers, or during a scrim, or as a message to friends as a joke. Not in a interview viewed by many people, and sponsors, even potential new sponsors looking to get into E-Sports; what the hell do you think they're going to say when they see Doublelift trashing someone in an interview?

Does no one remember why Regi said what he did at regionals? Before he even said that, Scarra said "TSM did absolutely nothing to win, we just lost." That's far more ridiculously underhanded and "trash talky" than "easiest finals of our lives." Clearly it was both the truth, but at least Regi had the persona to match his statement and his brand is basically built around that. Classic Regi. Scarra was probably honestly just talking shit without even realizing it. Not so classic Scarra.

Edit: most sponsors don't even seem to care about trash talk, or at least they understand what it adds to a sporting scene. Regi and TSM have the most, and most prolific sponsors anywhere outside of korea, and Dyrus is one of the main people backing having an LCS shit talk thread.
    Last edited by dengatron; 2013-02-08 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Public trashtalking is in no way a part of real sports. If eSport wants to get even close to the level of a publicly acclaimed sport that childish attitude needs to go. Mutual respect and a certain degree of politeness is a must in any high-class competition, ridiculing and bashing your opponents in an interview puts LoL on the level of pro wrestling.

Deleted
    And so it begins~

Ok, either all of clg are high and just banned randomly or they have something insane planned. I would not want to be the one who made the call to give voyboy olaf.

Deleted
    What was banned? Just tuned in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    What was banned? Just tuned in.
    Katarina, Kayle and Miss Fortune for CLG.

Da plaaaaaaaaays, dat kog'maw flash+r. And all the SV/Voyman ownage

Deleted
    inb4 hotshot keeps getting caught because he has no runes

hotshot getting caught out way too much

Deleted
    Well, CLG let Voyman have Olaf. Bad idea much?

Deleted
    This was sad.

Though Aphro is still the best. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, CLG let Voyman have Olaf. Bad idea much?
    Last time he didn't have time to set runes because he was picking bans and champions, this time he had runes, but he forgot all about bans!