Thread: LCS Thread

Page 4 of 303 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hoolooolooolooloo

Deleted
    Well, I'm sure we all saw that coming.

Did Doublelift's cockiness and trash talking rub anybody else the wrong way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Yeah I didn't find it amusing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the cockiness somewhat reminiscent of me when I played a lot of football (English). I like his attitude which is otherwise known as intimidation. We use it in sports quite commonly because we want to make people fear us. He's trying to make CLG feel like the ultimate challenge, like the, "Don't fuck with us because we'll fuck you harder".
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Not really. DL trashtalks everyone and everything. Himself, his team, other teams, the venue they play at, etc....

People get way too butthurt about it. DL trashtalks a bit as if he was in the FGC, I find it to be pretty funny as long as you realize there's no actuall ill-intent behind it. He just thinks you're bad, and he'll say it. He's not trying to fuck with your mentality, pick a fight, or do it to be a dick. That's what he just honestly thinks. What he said about Chaox & TSM? It was honestly true. Chaox was not even a factor in the outcome of that game as Ezreal. CLG beat TSM (Pick FOTM heroes and hope to win? Yeah ok, GL there) pretty convincingly; their game against GGU was much closer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Not really. DL trashtalks everyone and everything. Himself, his team, other teams, the venue they play at, etc....

People get way too butthurt about it. DL trashtalks a bit as if he was in the FGC, I find it to be pretty funny as long as you realize there's no actuall ill-intent behind it. He just thinks you're bad, and he'll say it. He's not trying to fuck with your mentality, pick a fight, or do it to be a dick. That's what he just honestly thinks. What he said about Chaox & TSM? It was honestly true. Chaox was not even a factor in the outcome of that game as Ezreal. CLG beat TSM (Pick FOTM heroes and hope to win? Yeah ok, GL there) pretty convincingly; their game against GGU was much closer.
    After what TSM did back in S2 to dignitas, I don't mind 2xLift talking trash about them.
    When dignitas lost 2 games in a row and Reginald said: "That was seriously the easiest game of our life", that cockyness pissed me off more than "Chaox sucks". "Easy" is allready annoying to hear in a game, and it would still be annoying if you heard it during a pro game.
    So yeah, Go 2xLift, trash talk that TSM to oblivion.

Deleted
    Trash talking is stupid and unprofessional and it's one of the reasons why LoL e-sports will always be kept behind. No one is going to take seriously a bunch of kids making fun of each others. Do it on your streams, do it on your blog or whatever, but don't fucking do it on an interview.

Riot should definitely hire PR teachers for the most popular teams.

(I hate both TSM and CLG, not really trying to defend anyone here.)

EDIT: On other news WOOLOOLOOLOOLOO.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-02-08 at 11:56 AM.

Saint actually got me into Xin during his stream, then I saw their match vs Dignitas. I feel like CDR Xin is going to be a big thing after this.

Deleted
    It's already a big thing =D

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

15+ Year Old Account
    If they want eSports to continue to grow towards a truly professional environment, sponsors had better clamp down on the reins and end that petty trash talk nonsense.

Sure, Kurd might say "it doesn't mean anything, he says what he thinks," but that doesn't mean its OK. They're supposed to be professionals. It isn't about being "butthurt," but rather an image thing.

The pro League scene is still way too childish to go anywhere significant. D-Lift's bullshit is a shining example.

When was the last time you saw a true pro athlete openly talk shit without getting chastised, ridiculed, and/or severely punished?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

There is trash talking in a lot of sports and it can add to them as well. It's obvious double lift does not think Chaox is trash, he has been destoryed by him enough in games and this is the only time I seen him beat him in lane (and a urgot can easily 2v1 with blue so winning with a support is not that amazing). I don't see why it is such a big deal, I've seen it happen in enough boxing match build ups and it always adds hype rather then anything else.

Everything else he said was true, TSM have a bad level 1. and curse is a way scarer team then them , as well as GGU.

TSM is just a TV team and it showed , since season 2 championships they have been going down the hill not up.. You would think that they have gotten better but no... It seems they arent taking league seriously anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    You obviously haven't followed up on them much, if that's what you think...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    If they want eSports to continue to grow towards a truly professional environment, sponsors had better clamp down on the reins and end that petty trash talk nonsense.

Sure, Kurd might say "it doesn't mean anything, he says what he thinks," but that doesn't mean its OK. They're supposed to be professionals. It isn't about being "butthurt," but rather an image thing.

The pro League scene is still way too childish to go anywhere significant. D-Lift's bullshit is a shining example.

When was the last time you saw a true pro athlete openly talk shit without getting chastised, ridiculed, and/or severely punished?
    *Ahem*
    Pro wrestling is a sport, they trash talk all the time.
    Votre argumentos être invalid. Best french EU
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    TSM is just a TV team and it showed , since season 2 championships they have been going down the hill not up.. You would think that they have gotten better but no... It seems they arent taking league seriously anymore
    TSM is bad and they should feel bad. Especially when they lose vs no-runes Malphite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    You obviously haven't followed up on them much, if that's what you think...
    It's true, they're bad right now compared to their dominant spot in S2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    *Ahem*
    Pro wrestling is a sport, they trash talk all the time.
    Pro wrestling is a TV show made up of athletic actors playing out a script, including dialogue. If you really think those guys are talking trash on impulse, you've got problems. It's like reality TV (which is all scripted) with lifelong gym rats that can do some light "acrobatics" on a springy mat.

The only thing those guys represent is the WWE, which hands them the scrips to act out each week in these long story arcs...not very different than the soap operas on daytime TV.

REAL wrestlers (think olympics, etc) do not talk trash to one another, lest they be penalized.

I'll throw it right back at ya in 'murica language: your counter-argument is starving to death in a grocery store.

Y'know, I'm feeling charitable today. I'll give you the only two instances in professional sports where trash talking is at most tolerated: UFC/MMA events and Boxing. Hey, lookie there, they both involve two individuals trying to beat the shit out of one another. That is the only sporting environment where negative dialogue is accepted, and the trash talk comes BEFORE the event to hype it up and create more action in Vegas. What's more, you get a sense that the pre-fight mudslinging is scripted as well...as often times the competitors hug eachother after being bloodied in the octagon / ring.

The overwhelming majority of folks that watch, participate in, or have some kind of connection/involvement with the world of eSports would agree - professionals do not talk trash, even if they aren't trying to be malicious. Do you really think large companies like Intel and nVidia wish to be associated with any kind of negative media?

I get the feeling I've been trolled, but sometimes one just never knows.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-02-08 at 05:06 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the trashtalking stuff goes, I do find it kind of annoying. Liftlift has always been that way, and probably always will be. I do agree that the amount of trash talk should be curbed, but rivalries between players and teams do add to the game. Though there are ways to form rivalries other than trash talking. The majority of the players are very young, and it shows sometimes. Like when one of the EU teams qualified for the LCS (I don't remember which one) an interveiwer asked one of the players what they thought about someone's comment (I recall it was one of their teammates that was currently too young to play) about how they weren't going to make it without him, and he just said fuck you. That is the kind of unprofessionalism that is unacceptable. Trash talking is annoying, but it isn't the biggest problem imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    Tsm actually has a TV show now. So I guess you could call them a television team lol. Though they have been saying they are disappointed with their play right now and are working hard to get better.

If people can't have rivalries without petty trash-talking, then they are nothing more than little kids throwing dirt at each other in the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between trash talking and being an asshole though.

Like doublelift jokes around a lot and calls basically everyone bad. It's not a horrible affront to manners or other people. But when Regi said "that was the easiest game in our lives" after they beat dig in s2, that is unacceptable.

To me there is a clear difference between banter between teams and players, and insults.