Monk vs Paladin in 5.2

Greetings everyone,

With the patch 5.2 coming, I've decided to start fresh with a new character. My choice is between the Monk and the Paladin and I would like to have some advice about which one of the two would best suit my needs based on your knowledge of 5.2 and how it seems to be heading.

I want a character which is very strong at soloing, be it level 90 rare mobs or old content, this is really a very important point for me.

I wish to run dual spec maximum, switching talents and gear for PvP.

In PvE, I wish to main a tanking spec however I will be going DPS some times, to let others in my group the chance to tank and also to take it smooth sometimes It is important that my character will be able to have a great DPS, while it's okay for me to not be the #1 top DPS, I aim for rank between 1 and 3 in 10 man.

In PvP I wish to play the role of a damage dealer and I am planning to run only battlegrounds, 2v2 and 3v3. In 2v2, I will be running with a healer only.

Also, one thing to note... I really hate down time, you know... When you simply can't do ANYTHING but wait for your resource to come back or to have the cooldown of your ability come back. I simply like to have something to do at all time.

Thanks !

10+ Year Old Account
    What class you should play is purely a personal decision, and because of that threads like this aren't allowed. You should check out the threads in the monk and paladin forums and see if reading them answers your questions.