Permanent Storm, Earth, and Fire

If you want to be split in 3 indefinitely, here is how to achieve this (obviously this might get fixed, but maybe not because I don't think this "bug" is a dps gain):

1) Send a clone at a NON-BOSS dummy, then Paralyze the dummy, which causes your copy to stop auto-attacking (due to the buggy state of the spell, the clone will actually not stop auto-attacking fast enough, and will break your paralysis anyway and then stop attacking...). Once paralysis is cast, the clone will just come hang out with you and auto-assist you.

2) Select ANOTHER NON-BOSS dummy, send your second clone at it, and cast paralysis. You are now split in 3 permanently until you cast the spell again or cancel it. This even allows all 3 of you to attack the same target, but this is not much of an exploit, since the copies do not copy your special attacks (they only copy special attacks if they are on a different target than you, well except for spinning crane kick, which they always copy).

Anyway, enjoy... I really hope this spell doesn't get scrapped because it's really freaking complex, but also incredibly fun and a huge PvP buff as well. Sending your copies at healers to keep them from drinking is awesome, and splitting in two single target might also be worth it since your copy attacks from behind, and so does not get dodged or parried. Overall, this spell is one of the coolest things in the game, so let's hope blizzard doesn't give up on it due to the tons of bugs.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-02-08 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post exploits.

Sorry, i figured it's fine since this isn't even live yet... also, like I said, this is NOT a dps gain, so I feel it falls under "creative use of game mechanics". I'm really not even sure it's unintended, since the clones don't stop attacking when you do, so why would they stop after casting Paralysis if they were not programed to.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-02-08 at 03:02 AM.

I really hope they don't fix this. I really want to just walk around with clones whenever I want. Just like I wish I could summon Xuen without a target.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I really hope they don't fix this. I really want to just walk around with clones whenever I want. Just like I wish I could summon Xuen without a target.
    Yeah, like I said, I don't think there is any practical gain from this, the clones don't get confused and start copying specials on the same target...if anything it could make you waste a global to reset the ability if it accidentally happens after you paralyze someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be cute for RP.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Don't post exploits.
    Yes it should be shunned but it's still a good thing due to more people knowing of it and doing it making it come to Blizzards attention, making it patched swiftly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    If you want to be split in 3 indefinitely, here is how to achieve this (obviously this might get fixed, but maybe not because I don't think this "bug" is a dps gain):

1) Send a clone at a NON-BOSS dummy, then Paralyze the dummy, which causes your copy to stop auto-attacking (due to the buggy state of the spell, the clone will actually not stop auto-attacking fast enough, and will break your paralysis anyway and then stop attacking...). Once paralysis is cast, the clone will just come hang out with you and auto-assist you.

2) Select ANOTHER NON-BOSS dummy, send your second clone at it, and cast paralysis. You are now split in 3 permanently until you cast the spell again or cancel it. This even allows all 3 of you to attack the same target, but this is not much of an exploit, since the copies do not copy your special attacks (they only copy special attacks if they are on a different target than you, well except for spinning crane kick, which they always copy).

Anyway, enjoy... I really hope this spell doesn't get scrapped because it's really freaking complex, but also incredibly fun and a huge PvP buff as well. Sending your copies at healers to keep them from drinking is awesome, and splitting in two single target might also be worth it since your copy attacks from behind, and so does not get dodged or parried. Overall, this spell is one of the coolest things in the game, so let's hope blizzard doesn't give up on it due to the tons of bugs.

are u allowed to post videos of this?

not much of an exploit if the clones are missing out of your special attack dmg, doing this more or less will just end up nerfing your dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    Yes it should be shunned but it's still a good thing due to more people knowing of it and doing it making it come to Blizzards attention, making it patched swiftly.
    Yeah I certainly wouldn't post it if it was live and it actually increased dps, at this points it's just for RP as far as I can tell... if only they danced with you...omg party party grenade... must test now...

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    not much of an exploit if the clones are missing out of your special attack dmg, doing this more or less will just end up nerfing your dmg.
    Yeah if splitting in two (which is totally intended) has no single-target dps benefit... I don't see how splitting in 3 would be any gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah I certainly wouldn't post it if it was live and it actually increased dps, at this points it's just for RP as far as I can tell... if only they danced with you...omg party party grenade... must test now...

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:22 AM ----------

Yeah if splitting in two (which is totally intended) has no single-target dps benefit... I don't see how splitting in 3 would be any gain.
    ok, air-cloth math time.
    splitting is supposed to end up with you going slightly above 100% dmg dealt when split on multiple targets, with 135% or so being top.

however since most of a monk's dmg is dealt by their special attacks if the monk's clones are only doing auto attacks they'd roughly end up doing around 50% of their normal dmg.

so... not really and exploit and more a bug that penalizes you.

Holy, crap you can mount after you leave combat and your mount becomes fiery, earthy, or electric depending on which element you are randomly assigned... firehawks look insane.

I don't think i'll be able to find a party grenade on the PTR to test if you can make them dance.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-02-08 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Don't post exploits.
    Why not? It's on the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not clear on how forcing yourself to do 40% of your normal damage qualifies as an "exploit"

This is a fun thing to do in cities that has zero practical benefit. Leave it be.

Cool trick for idling in capital cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    Posting on mmo-champion is not the best way to contact blizzard... Use the official forums for that.

I don't really see this as an exploit tho, as it doesn't give any benefit other than looking cool.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    ok, air-cloth math time.
    splitting is supposed to end up with you going slightly above 100% dmg dealt when split on multiple targets, with 135% or so being top.

however since most of a monk's dmg is dealt by their special attacks if the monk's clones are only doing auto attacks they'd roughly end up doing around 50% of their normal dmg.

so... not really and exploit and more a bug that penalizes you.
    Don't forget that the monks own damage gets reduced by 40% for 1 and 60% for 2 clones. So it will be a big dps loss unless you and your clones are all attacking different targets.

It will probably be fixed as a result of making them not interrupt paralysis, even if they don't remove it on purpose.