Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No - Earthliving is Nature based, it involves water and Earth. And Earth shock is a Big part of Elemental just like borg Earthliving and Earth shield is a Big part of restoration. And yes, it's more than enough honestly, what you don't seem to grasp is the individual concepts of the shaman specs. Elemental used fire, air, Earth and even water (frost shock) to inflict harm. Enhancement conjures dirty the totemic powers of the ancestors through spirits, the raging fire and storms of the worlds to inflict harm and restoration symbolizes the healing and nourising powers if the Earth symbolizing both water and Earth to mend and heal.
    That's not what the tooltip says...

Quote Originally Posted by Restoration
    A healer who calls upon ancestral spirits and the cleansing power of water to mend allies' wounds.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s|

And yes, there's a reason Elemental becomes the Flame Ascendant, Enhancement becomes the Wind Ascendant, and Restoration becomes the Water Ascendant. There's also a reason there's no Earth Ascendant, and why Rockbiter serves no purpose whatsoever, even though there clearly should be one.

Not even close bubbah.... I just don't like people posting nonsense or stuff they can't back with sources or proof... Nice try though (well not really...)

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:49 PM ----------

Obviously - still doesn't change the fact that enhancement is hardly mentioned in the lore.... Honestly people, at least try to back your claims with something else than your own statements....
    I am just saying they can create lore that was "always there" but was newly discovered or something like that, or a wizard did it!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's not what the tooltip says...

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s|

And yes, there's a reason Elemental becomes the Flame Ascendant, Enhancement becomes the Wind Ascendant, and Restoration becomes the Water Ascendant. There's also a reason there's no Earth Ascendant, and why Rockbiter serves no purpose whatsoever, even though there clearly should be one.
    so Earth Shield is a water spell then? And Earthliving? Yes, resto used water-based spells to DIRECTLY heal stuff, where as Earth serves as the passive boon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore does not support a tank shaman. Not even a little bit. Lore hardly even mentioned enhancement as it is. The brief shaman lore there is talks of them as mentors, wise men and dages who something talks to the spirits or summons a thunderbolt or a flood.

^^ Shaman^^

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am just saying they can create lore that was "always there" but was newly discovered or something like that, or a wizard did it!
    Of course they Can, they just haven't when it comes to the subject of enhancement - or shamans in general. Most of the shaman lore is based around the orc shamans who became warlocks or the broken who discovered shamanism. Not a lot about ther powers og abilities, besiddes Thrall whos is rather special do to his gladiator training.

10+ Year Old Account
    so Earth Shield is a water spell then?
    No.

And Earthliving?
    Yes. Which is why the HoT's icon is a flower. Again, the Earth imbue is Rockbiter.

Yes, resto used water-based spells to DIRECTLY heal stuff, where as Earth serves as the passive boon.
    Which would make water the primary element of Restoration, which is the point. No one is saying that Restoration ONLY uses water. We're saying that the main focus of the spec revolves around water-based healing spells.

Of course they Can, they just haven't when it comes to the subject of enhancement - or shamans in general. Most of the shaman lore is based around the orc shamans who became warlocks or the broken who discovered shamanism. Not a lot about ther powers og abilities, besiddes Thrall whos is rather special do to his gladiator training.
    Enhancement seems like something Thrall came up with really, maybe his own personal Shamanistic path.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

^^ Shaman^^
    .... No.... Thrall is a former gladiator, thus trained as a warrior and pit fighter, then he learned the way of the shaman. In wc3 he wad a far seer, which meant ranged attacks, int stats and a lot of Chain lightning. In WoW he hardly did any fighting, besides the duel against Garrosh, which involved a lot of thunder and ligtning. In Cataclysm he mainly used totems, ligtning Bolt and lava burst. My point is that Thrall - and all other major lore figures - are above and beyond the spec limitations of the playet characters, they are something more - they are "heroes" if you will, and can do whatever the hell they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... No.... Thrall is a former gladiator, thus trained as a warrior and pit fighter, then he learned the way of the shaman. In wc3 he wad a far seer, which meant ranged attacks, int stats and a lot of Chain lightning. In WoW he hardly did any fighting, besides the duel against Garrosh, which involved a lot of thunder and ligtning. In Cataclysm he mainly used totems, ligtning Bolt and lava burst. My point is that Thrall - and all other major lore figures - are above and beyond the spec limitations of the playet characters, they are something more - they are "heroes" if you will, and can do whatever the hell they please.
    Um, they used Thrall as the basis for Enhancement Shaman bro.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    No.

Yes. Which is why the HoT's icon is a flower. Again, the Earth imbue is Rockbiter.

Which would make water the primary element of Restoration, which is the point. No one is saying that Restoration ONLY uses water. We're saying that the main focus of the spec revolves around water-based healing spells.
    Last time I checked, a flower came from the soil. Both rockbiter and Earthliving represent the Earth and Nature. Where ad Frostbrand truly only represents (frozen) water.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Monks as well, they need a ranged spec.
    You know I was opposed to this idea until I read the OP and totally agree with him.... But a monk with a range spec... that doesn't even make sence!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    But with lock i cant agree with you... A range Tank ? i dont think it would be adequate... and if they make warlock tanking spec melee it would be painful tu see Cloth gear with strength stats and perry ... pfff and it would give warlock far more advantage over his fallow casters priest and mage ... its not only pvp u know ... i think it would be wrong
    Warlocks tank in melee just like everyone else.

There are a lot of people on this forum who are not very familiar with DA, it seems.

Warlock tanking is already in the game. Myself as well as many others have already tanked heroic dungeons with our Warlocks. It's just not as polished as a real tanking spec and entirely wrapped up in a glyph.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Um, they used Thrall as the basis for Enhancement Shaman bro.
    Not even a little bit "bro". Classic enhancement shamans used 2h weapons, wore mail and spammed frost shock while hoping for a WF proc. Now, before WoW, Thrall had only appareared as a Far Seer, a ranged int based hero shooting lightning orbs at stuff - does that Sound like enhancement? Oh and before you mention Feral Spirits, they did't add that spell until TBC, which wasn't Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only reason druid got a 4th spec is cuz they ALWAYS had 4specs since feral were tank and dps, they just made it easyier to balance for pvp cuz cats in bearform in pvp was fun amirite?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Shaman tanking, that was sweet back in the days, I remember tanking 5 mans, and off tanking in 15 man UBRS if they bring that back I might resub !
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a little bit "bro". Classic enhancement shamans used 2h weapons, wore mail and spammed frost shock while hoping for a WF proc. Now, before WoW, Thrall had only appareared as a Far Seer, a ranged int based hero shooting lightning orbs at stuff - does that Sound like enhancement? Oh and before you mention Feral Spirits, they did't add that spell until TBC, which wasn't Classic.
    Wow, none of that has anything to do with what you responded to. Again, Blizzard designed Enhancement from Thrall. That's where the basis for melee Shaman comes from. What he was patterned after in WC3 is irrelevant. In almost all of Thrall's artwork, he is portrayed as a Shaman warrior who just happens to wear heavy (mail) armor, and wields a big hammer (2h Mace), and is capable of using nature magic (frost shock and WF).

Ahhhh, the old "Enh was meant to be a tank" thread. Enhancement was never designed to be a tank spec...period...ever. It originally fit the utility/buffer role that WoW did away with after classic (because it was boring to play). Enh could (rarely) offtank, and buff the shit out of other people, but it was never meant to be a full-on tank spec like a warrior. Paladins were the same except that while Enh could provide subpar melee, offtanking, and buffs from the same tree; paladins had a spec dedicated to offtanking (which really sucked). What blizzard has done is the most logical thing, ret and enh went to pure melee dps, and paladins prot tree became a viable tank.

That's really all there is to it. Claiming Shaman should get a 4th spec because of something they never actually did is kind of silly. Plus it wouldn't be necessary unless there was some tanking concept that blizzard was dying to try out that fit well for class lore.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Monks as well, they need a ranged spec.
    I agree with both of the OP's points as well as this. There are four August Celestials and Chi-Ji is not represented at all in the Monk spec. Brewmaster is Niuzao, Windwalker is Xuen, and Mistweaver is Yu-lon. Giving monks a ranged DPS spec of some sort that is based on Chi-Ji makes a lot of sense; if the Golden Lotus miniboss encounters of Sha of Fear prove anything, its that you could even make it Agility-based and have the class use Hunter weapons if you really wanted to.

Or it could be a caster and use Intellect Leather, which is still a very under-represented armor type (three specs as opposed to the seven who want Agility Leather.)

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    That's really all there is to it. Claiming Shaman should get a 4th spec because of something they never actually did is kind of silly. Plus it wouldn't be necessary unless there was some tanking concept that blizzard was dying to try out that fit well for class lore.
    I think his point is less of, "Shaman should get it because they've had it," and more of "Shaman should get it because its thematically appropriate." Four specs, one for each element, with a new earth element spec being a tanking spec sounds pretty clean to me, personally.

Deleted
    ye let's make everyone hybrid so none can roll a dps anymore...
    people will be asking me : Healer hunter? or tank hunter? no ? ok no inv need tank or healer..

and stuff like that! So please god no! Same with shaman , i hate it to say no i am a DPS shaman , you know they exist? They always assume i am healer..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    I think his point is less of, "Shaman should get it because they've had it," and more of "Shaman should get it because its thematically appropriate." Four specs, one for each element, with a new earth element spec being a tanking spec sounds pretty clean to me, personally.
    I would argue that the current shaman specs aren't thematic by element. And even if they were, then we'd need 5 specs to fit all of shaman's themes because of their spirituality.