Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Elegon Assass tips and trick please.

So this Sunday my guild is doing Heroic Elegon and I'm looking for any tips and tricks I can get. Mostly I'm seeing if it is better for me as the only melee in our raid group to stay on the boss or go kill adds and be a soaker. I know the fight on normal very well, But I'm not 100% on Heroic from a Rogue PoV. Our raid comp is as below.

Tanks:
    Bear
    Blood DK

Healers:
    HPally
    Resto Shaman

DPS:
    Assass Rogue
    Ele shaman
    SPriest
    SV hunter
    Afflic lock
    Frost/Fire Mage depending on what he feels that day.

I know CoS works as a soaker, and I can kill 5+ sparks easy.

Our raid group on normal can push one add in P1 and one add in the 2d P1 killing 5 sparks each go. I'm at as of our last kill 168k effective dps our SPriest was like 164k and the lock at around 150k but that is just normal.

On normal we go 3 ranged on 1st add and melee on 2d if there is one so we can reset our stacks. And in 2d p1 we do the same 3 ranged then melee with assistance from ranged.

If anybody has a suggestion I am all for hearing it.

Thanks.

Cloak does not soak anymore.

You have 4 ranged which is enough for 2 groups of soakers. I would let them do it. Honestly your groups seems like it shouldnt have any dps problems if you guys are doing that much and can kill 5 sparks (they only have a little more health on heroic).

We had melee kill the protectors the whole time and ranged sat on the boss and then soaked. Your way with the alternating is just as good though as long as the healers don't have an issue (which they really shouldn't).

Oh and what he said, you can soak just fine with feint though.

Deleted
    Cloak does NOT work for soaking purposes! The explosion has a secret mechanic that allows it bypass any form of damage-immunity. Any kind of "bubble" won't work - only raw damage mitigation.

Feint + Elusiveness is a must have. Assuming you're decently geared, the explosions should barely be capable of shaving off half your health bar(if you're full on HP).

I strongly suggest you make up a soaking-rotation, starting with...
    1. The rogue taking the first one
    2. Priest taking the second one
    3. Mage/Warlock (not sure which one has the superior damage mitigation)
    4. (Mainly back-up, seeing as you generally shouldn't be getting more than 3 adds or so each phase) Mage/Warlock (depending on who took the third spot)

The rotation above will NOT be repeatable - if you get more than 4 adds each phase, you'll most likely wipe. After each phase 3 the rotation above resets until the final phase. And that's the soaking...

Sparks are another issue. You'll find them much more difficult to kill in time this time around. You NEED a Rupture running on the boss and you NEED to pool a decent amount of energy before the Spark spawns. If you have neither, you're fighting with RNG. Even if you have both criteria fulfilled, some times you're just shit out of luck and you get no crits, no Blindside procs, and no Rupture procs, rendering you incapable of downing the Spark in time.

Apart from that the fight is essentially the same. Once you get the hang of the rotating in and out of the dome you'll pretty much have the boss on farm.

Oh my bad is it only 1 person to soak on 10m? Only did 10m once over the holidays as we couldn't field a 25m that week. I would use the priest, the hunter, and then either the mage or lock (dunno what they have to give up to be able to deal with it).

For the protectors, you will probably get 2 the first time and 3 the second. You really don't want more than that, but if you get less, great. The soakers from the first 2 should have their stuff off cd for the next rotation.

I disagree with Incin about how hard the sparks are. For one, you guys have an aff lock so he can actually hit all of them with his dot, and then after he can switch and help the one with the 2 tanks on it. If you don't have a rupture up thats probably fine as their health isn't increased by much (obviously trying to have a rupture rolling is smarter). You can use your dps potion and vanish to burst one if needed (well technically ven/sb as well but I wouldn't). We also use timewarp/lust on the first add phase towards the end. That should easily allow you to kill 5 for 6 stacks of the debuff. Even without lust, you should easily manage 4 on heroic if you were doing 5 on normal without lust/pots/etc and that will give you 11 total stacks which is enough to burn through the last phase incredibly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally take yourself off the list for soaking. Mages can take it like cake, Spriests can cheese it, Warlocks can spec into a 450k bubble on demand OR immune it, shaman can 40% it... idk about the hunter mechanics for it, but really in P1 staying on the boss until you need to reset stacks at risk of getting gibbed by the add's anti-heal mechanic or P2 starting will be a big boost to your raid DPS.

The recommendations for killing charges are the most important. If your afflock is running only 150k, he probably needs to switch tactics - spec MF, put a tank (or both if everyone else is REALLY solid on charges) on his charge, and have him seed spam the entire time charges are active, with SbSoC for each opening. As afflic on 25, pumping out 3-5M+ damage over anyone else on the charges is not terribly unusual. Gnab some extended range pestilence and you're in business.

If the final phase is getting painful, feint remains as big a life-saver as ever.

We tried it the other day and I can destroy 5 even more that ain't an issue, and for the cloak I musta just gotten really lucky the other night with timing because I used CoS and didn't die... But then again like I said could have been just luck and maybe a healer threw something on me, ill have to check my logs again. With me on the boss P1 we will have 2 adds and not sure about the 2d p1, as the other soakers either stuffed that up or some other random stupid stuff would happen. Thanks for all the suggestions if anyone thinks of something else that'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I strongly suggest you make up a soaking-rotation, starting with...
    1. The rogue taking the first one
    2. Priest taking the second one
    3. Mage/Warlock (not sure which one has the superior damage mitigation)
    4. (Mainly back-up, seeing as you generally shouldn't be getting more than 3 adds or so each phase) Mage/Warlock (depending on who took the third spot)
    I disagree with this soaking order. Go with Blood DK, Warlock, then Spriest. All three of these classes are able to soak without dropping below 80, thus making it so they don't get the stun or DoT effect.

Other things to note:
    Have your warlock AoE off the boss with SB:SoC and SoC with MF.
    Have your Blood DK spec into rolling blood and glyph pestilence, Blood Boil once every wave of orbs.

With the Warlock AoEing, your Blood DK can solo an orb for up to 5 stacks as well.

I haven't done heroic on my rogue, but these are thing I've learned tanking it on my DK.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-02-08 at 06:29 AM.

Like I said orbs will be fine, but the DK Lock SPriests is new idea and ill run that with my guild. Thanks.

as a rogue i mainly stay on the boss and let our Spriest and i think a tank soak the damage idk exactly how this works im so lazy at this fight i dont even reset the stacks untill the first spark ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I raid 25 man but we recently got our first kill on this. we left the melee on the boss and had ranged kill the big adds. With the rogues as back up soakers. Id personally recommend elusiveness and shadow step for this fight as it means less stack resetting and when you do reset stacks you can get back to the boss that much quicker. And for orbs keep rupture up on Elegon and you should be fine energy wise i also personally reset my stacks every second wave of orbs just for that little bit more dps. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...s=9846&e=10327 is the log of our kill if you want to look over what i did in more detail.

Deleted
    As has been suggested before, speak with your raid leader about staying on the boss. If your guild is good enough to reach Elegon heroic then they won't need the DPS on the add and you got some amazing setup where lots of people are able to soak. While you may be a better soaker compared to most classes, it shouldn't really be an issue to heal those other people back up. Instead your group gains a ton of extra raid DPS.

Just remember to Shadowstep to the add right before they drag it out to reset your stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    idk about the hunter mechanics for it
    Glyphed Deterrence gives 50% damage reduction, Hunters can easily soak as well.

Sounds like an idea, Thanks again.

Deleted
    Something I usually do is not resetting my stacks during the orb phases as I kill the orbs in 3~~ seconds, I just use feint do mitigate the damage so I end up with 40+ stacks after every orb phase and I still don't take more damage than anyone in the raid, this will save you time to DPS the boss in between the orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Cloak does not soak anymore.
    When was this changed? did the fight the other week myself and our rogue soaks for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    When was this changed? did the fight the other week myself and our rogue soaks for us.
    He easily can, just not with Cloak. Feint + Elusiveness is essentially 65% damage reduction on-demand - more than enough to survive the hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsworth View Post
    Something I usually do is not resetting my stacks during the orb phases as I kill the orbs in 3~~ seconds, I just use feint do mitigate the damage so I end up with 40+ stacks after every orb phase and I still don't take more damage than anyone in the raid, this will save you time to DPS the boss in between the orbs.
    This is a terrible suggestion. Just because you ''don't take much more'' damage compared to the rest of your raid doesn't mean you should make your healer's life a living hell. Resetting your stacks during the spark phase takes a second or two and after that you can Shadowstep back to the boss for close to no DPS loss. Elegon is quite a difficult fight to heal, every little bit of damage you can prevent helps. Running around with +200%(or more) damage taken isn't helping in any way, shape or form.

Of course if you have been farming normal mode from the week Mogu'shan Vaults opened feel free to do as you please, but we are talking to someone who has just started heroic Elegon. I think it's safe to assume said person isn't overgearing the fight by large amounts.

Off-topic but you are killing them in 3 seconds? Is that without any outside help? I can't quite remember how much health they have on 10 man normal mode (as heroic I'm guessing has more) but I believe it's 492k. You'd need just over 164k DPS not even counting the time it takes for things like Deadly Poison to proc assuming my math is correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    This is a terrible suggestion. Just because you ''don't take much more'' damage compared to the rest of your raid doesn't mean you should make your healer's life a living hell. Resetting your stacks during the spark phase takes a second or two and after that you can Shadowstep back to the boss for close to no DPS loss. Elegon is quite a difficult fight to heal, every little bit of damage you can prevent helps. Running around with +200%(or more) damage taken isn't helping in any way, shape or form.

Of course if you have been farming normal mode from the week Mogu'shan Vaults opened feel free to do as you please, but we are talking to someone who has just started heroic Elegon. I think it's safe to assume said person isn't overgearing the fight by large amounts.

Off-topic but you are killing them in 3 seconds? Is that without any outside help? I can't quite remember how much health they have on 10 man normal mode (as heroic I'm guessing has more) but I believe it's 492k. You'd need just over 164k DPS not even counting the time it takes for things like Deadly Poison to proc assuming my math is correct.
    Okey I'll rephrase as what I said was incorrect after checking logs, I still took less damage than the other raid members doing this, and if you'd go out to reset your stacks then sure, shadowstep back once but on the second time you'd have to run back and even with sprint you'd have a couple of seconds downtime which is "alot" of DPS. Its a DPS increase but not a major one, just something to keep in mind if your healers can manage, as apparantly everyones can't.

And I cannot agree with you saying that Elegon is a hard fight to heal, if your tanks do their job with the adds there should be no pulses from the adds, so its not really a healing intensive fight what so ever unless you've got really low DPS and struggle to get him down fast enough in phase 3.

Yes, roughly 3-4 seconds depending on proccs and what buffs I have up and the only help I get is a trash from our druid tank every now and then, nothing reliable.
    If you have envenom up from attacking elegon while waiting for the orbs, redirect for one of them, then you get deadly poison proccs and rupture up instantly, nothing you need to ramp up.

Well I don't know about taking 40 stacks, but I certainly don't drop after each spark. I drop after the first one and then after the third one, and maybe if my lane was super slow and the 5th one made it almost all the way to the pillar I might drop it then but usually that doesn't happen.

This is all I can think off.

1.not resetting your stacks in p1 ( use cloak to avoid taking damage from the add thingy being low hp if your tank is kinda shit and doesn`t instantly take it out )
    2. You should really not need to soak as a rogue , I mean , sure you can step in and soak if people fail , but I think tanks are best to soak here ( ofcourse mages/spriests can do it too but its a dps loss nontheless)
    3. Keep to keep rupture running on the boss and envenom as the sparks spawn ( you can do this for like , the first 3 waves or something)

Cant think of anything else but there might be more tricks.
    Last edited by InFlames-; 2013-02-11 at 02:32 PM.