Page 1 of 3
LastLast

intelligent zombies

how would you handle this. zombies that want to eat more then anything but now they can formulate a plan and do pretty much anything we can.
    could we win this battle?
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be a war against undead people who's bodies rot in extreme heat. Would be easier than fighting normal people I think. Like fighting some of the Ghouls in Fallout, not the ferals, the smart ones you piss off.

I think it would be a winnable war since pretty much what you described would be just rotting humans which much more sensitivity to heat and/or cold. So no pretty much no true change in tactics to win against them really.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

The ghouls in fallout don't rot away in extreme heat. I think...

I don't really like the idea of a zombie having any signs of intelligence, because this idea already bred a very horrific and disgusting thing such as "Warm Bodies" - same Twilight sh*t, only about zombies.

But like Zait said, if they are the normal-like zombies, but only with a hive mind - that doesn't make them THAT much more dangerous. They will still die in certain weather conditions, you just have to wait it out.

Stand on the roof of a skyscraper with piles and piles of food and ammunition until they all rot out.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

What is the estimated life time of a zombie anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    What is the estimated life time of a zombie anyways...
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html

Not too long.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Zombies are too boring nowadays, since they have a lot weak points. How about infected though? You know, a living person, with a beating heart, just gone wild and reduced to the sense of only thinking about hunger. The ones that can run.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Well that made for an excellent read I should bookmark this for further use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5w8YHns5WM

Well, if they're smart enough they'd shoot us. >.>
    It'd be a battle of attrition if rot / decay is in play. Else just a war with the zombies on the winning side due to 'necromancy'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    how would you handle this. zombies that want to eat more then anything but now they can formulate a plan and do pretty much anything we can.
    You are implying they are capable of sustaining a human brain at it's peak potential. "Plan and do pretty much anything we can."
    What I, and I assume mostly everyone else can agree on, the generic premise of a zombie is something a kin to early Resident Evil zombies.
    Their bodies are just mangled, rotting everywhere. How could something so "ill" think and behave like we do? Their brains, no doubt are probably just pieces
    if not mush.

When organic machinery is not properly cared for it breaks down. The way the human body works, I don't really see how zombies could "survive" for very long. Let alone plan some world wide offensive. No matter how much they eat.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

never understood why people attempt to put logic into something something that already makes no logical sense. when your dead your dead. when u die and get back up you cant put logic into that. even if you do put logic into. there are 4 season what if its spring or fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    never understood why people attempt to put logic into something something that already makes no logical sense. when your dead your dead. when u die and get back up you cant put logic into that. even if you do put logic into. there are 4 season what if its spring or fall.
    Well I mean come on dude.. Wtf is a zombie that can do everything we can and think like us?

Grow some, and just say you wanna kill people.

Or go get some friends have half of them costume & make-up as zombies (because that's basically what you're saying, "zombies" that can plan and think like us.), and go have a paintball gun fight..

I never understood how some people went from, "Yeah I'd kill people if there was a zombie outbreak" to "omfg what if zombies were just like real people! Then we can kill them and not feel bad about it!"

First to have a zombie you have to have a person. Zombies are people too. But a lot of you youngsters seem to think they're not.
    Last edited by Violent; 2013-02-08 at 05:26 AM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Well, humans in one country are about as smart as humans in another country and wars happen pretty frequently.

Unless zombies can 'burst' down our infrastructure, it doesn't seem like humans would be at more of a disadvantage than fighting another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Zombies are too boring nowadays, since they have a lot weak points. How about infected though? You know, a living person, with a beating heart, just gone wild and reduced to the sense of only thinking about hunger. The ones that can run.
    That's in the style of 28 days/weeks later and to some extent I am Legend I think. The "zombies" in 28 days/weeks later are just people that have been driven mad by a virus/infection.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Well I mean come on dude.. Wtf is a zombie that can do everything we can and think like us?

Grow some, and just say you wanna kill people.

Or go get some friends have half of them costume & make-up as zombies (because that's basically what you're saying, "zombies" that can plan and think like us.), and go have a paintball gun fight..
    well wtf is a zombie something humans just thought of right. so why should i limit my imagination on something that is just a imaginative concept. is that a taboo?

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Well, humans in one country are about as smart as humans in another country and wars happen pretty frequently.

Unless zombies can 'burst' down our infrastructure, it doesn't seem like humans would be at more of a disadvantage than fighting another country.
    within these walls are a limited supply of items that are required to live such as water and food that must be gather from outside these walls

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That's in the style of 28 days/weeks later and to some extent I am Legend I think. The "zombies" in 28 days/weeks later are just people that have been driven mad by a virus/infection.
    Exactly. I think they would be more "fun", if they had a hive-mind sort of thing, and were aware of their surroundings a little bit ( such as, getting out of cold areas, or staying away from fire ). But their motivation still would be about hunger for human flesh. Although that kinda eliminates the whole or at least part of the point of being a zombie/infected. Buuut still...

10+ Year Old Account
    well wtf is a zombie something humans just thought of right. so why should i limit my imagination on something that is just a imaginative concept. is that a taboo?
    Your imaginative concept is nothing more but a Call of Duty game where half the team is dressed as zombies...
    If that's what you can come up with bro.. Then no, please do not limit your imagination.. In fact, you need to think a lil more out of the box. Quite drab if I do say so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Exactly. I think they would be more "fun", if they had a hive-mind sort of thing, and were aware of their surroundings a little bit ( such as, getting out of cold areas, or staying away from fire ). But their motivation still would be about hunger for human flesh. Although that kinda eliminates the whole or at least part of the point of being a zombie/infected. Buuut still...
    that actually does sound cool. something like queen bee but queen zombie im guessing

within these walls are a limited supply of items that are required to live such as water and food that must be gather from outside these walls
    Well, humans have laid siege to other humans in history. Yes, the besieged city is at a disadvantage due to disruption of supply lanes, but the besieged have sometimes been able to triumph.